History of the devil in a nutshell

God is a liar who wanted to enslave man and keep him in the dark. Lucifer wanted to bring light and knowledge to man. Lucifer was also loved by all the angels thus God cast him out. God is a jealous control freak hypocrite

I hope you and you parents can patch things up.

or......he could base his argument against religion on ethics?
you know .....like how its unethical to support an institution that has a long standing history of child diddling, for one

I didn't know we were talking about Japanese culture circa 1200-1700 AD.

Christianity doesn't support pedophilia. You're ignorant at best on the subject.

Rattled Christians in here providing angry insults but no answers

Tp7Tp6sxrm-4.png

You might pick up The History of The Devil, by Paul Carus. It was written around 1900 I think. It covers everything about the origins of evil deities in all cultures. The evil gods always come first. He gets into the very first mentions of satan in particular, and how early on he was basically gods henchman. The author has his own ideas about the "evolution" or progress of religion, but you don't have to swallow that to appreciate the historical work.

Good thing Muhammad came and cleared all this up

I was curious where this whole devil thing came from, here is a quick summary based on some research:

• The evil concept originated in many countries originally as the form of a scary boogie man or a part of many gods, or as something to account for "bad" things that happen etc...
  • Zoroaster in Persia got tired of all these gods and simplified the idea by condensing them into 2 gods, a god of good and a god of evil. This is a simple duality that resonates to this day.
  • Darius the Great who conquered most of the middle east like Zoroaster's idea and spread it around.
  • Jews got wind of it and put it into their writings (The old testament). Also as the Greeks influence grew and Persian influence shrank, the Greeks introduced a new cast of deities which influenced the jews. A Greed deity called Hades had a pitchfork and a black beard. They made him a the "ruler of the underworld as a god of justice". Here is where the fallen concept was invented: Zeus defeats a winged serpent and throws him into the underworld. Myth grew to how the angel satan rebelled.
  • As Christianity was developing it found paganism to be a threat, priests turned the "evil" concept to a creature with goat horns and hooves to scare pagans into not worshiping animals. Gehenna was the place where Jerusalem burnt bodies of criminals. This was the inspiration for the terrors of hell. The rest was history.
An interesting video about it in case you are interested:

Conclusion: it's all man-made rubbish. Any presidential candidate that lives their life by this garbage lacks judgement, is closed minded and is the worst choice for the American people.

His downfall was when he went down to Georgia and made that bet.

The purpose of the New Testament was to control the masses. To appease them and make them weak. The whole idea of waiting for a mystical man to appear from the sky to save you.... it takes the power away from the individual. For example, Christians today are aware of Revelation, but they have this attitude of "Oh well, Jesus will save me in the end"

How does it weaken you?

And yes in the end Jesus will save those who follow Him.

And if it is used to control the masses then why is society straying so far from biblical concepts (I.e homosexuality, sexual immorality, divorce, abortion)

I don't get it. If God cast the devil down to hell and the devil still fucks with everybody, Why doesn't God just kick his ass or kill him?

Ring rust?

I was curious where this whole devil thing came from, here is a quick summary based on some research:

• The evil concept originated in many countries originally as the form of a scary boogie man or a part of many gods, or as something to account for "bad" things that happen etc...
  • Zoroaster in Persia got tired of all these gods and simplified the idea by condensing them into 2 gods, a god of good and a god of evil. This is a simple duality that resonates to this day.
  • Darius the Great who conquered most of the middle east like Zoroaster's idea and spread it around.
  • Jews got wind of it and put it into their writings (The old testament). Also as the Greeks influence grew and Persian influence shrank, the Greeks introduced a new cast of deities which influenced the jews. A Greed deity called Hades had a pitchfork and a black beard. They made him a the "ruler of the underworld as a god of justice". Here is where the fallen concept was invented: Zeus defeats a winged serpent and throws him into the underworld. Myth grew to how the angel satan rebelled.
  • As Christianity was developing it found paganism to be a threat, priests turned the "evil" concept to a creature with goat horns and hooves to scare pagans into not worshiping animals. Gehenna was the place where Jerusalem burnt bodies of criminals. This was the inspiration for the terrors of hell. The rest was history.
An interesting video about it in case you are interested:

Conclusion: it's all man-made rubbish. Any presidential candidate that lives their life by this garbage lacks judgement, is closed minded and is the worst choice for the American people.

As made up as the story of Satan might be, your bullshit post is just as made up.

How does it weaken you?

And yes in the end Jesus will save those who follow Him.

And if it is used to control the masses then why is society straying so far from biblical concepts (I.e homosexuality, sexual immorality, divorce, abortion)
so you think society has gotten more immoral? More immoral than when Conquistadors had free reign to rape children and enslave everyone they could in the New World? What about when the Ottomans swelled their harems with captive girls? Or when over a million slaves died erecting the Great Wall of China? Or the medieval selling of indulgences so the wealthy could rape peasants? Or the Bantu expansion, where they genocided several entire populations across Africa? Or when the Mongols sacked a city and spent weeks killing the civilian inhabitants within?

You think there is more gayness today than during the height of Hellenistic culture [who as the War Room should know, were the epitome of the Western Culture they love so much]? You think abortion today compares to the literal killing of infants if they were born sick or lame? Or conquering armies capturing children solely to use them for slavery- sexual or otherwise?

You think today's divorce rate is comparably problematic as the millennia of human history where women were literally property of the husband, with zero rights and protections?

The net suffering, degradation and misery from these eras you wish to return dwarf any amount of "evil" that exists today. The most depraved acts of ISIS cant compare. That fairy tale setting you yearn for only existed for a decade in postwar America for white homeowning males. An infinitesimally tiny sliver of the total human experience. And one that was only sustainable through the collapse of Europe.

Society is not degrading. By every metric possible, we are a better species today than during the height of Christendom. Now we just need to smash Islam and Judaism and we can finally be free of these wretched Abrahamic folktales.

You can pretty much make the same case with Jesus. Every known document mentioning him was written well after his supposed death by either unknown authors, people who had never met an earthly Jesus, or from straight up fraudulent, mythical or allegorical writings. Hearsay basically.

There are an abundance of stories, myths and beliefs we can use as evidence for the mythical evolution of Jesus however. Virtually every major detail in the gospel stories you can find in Hebrew scripture and pagan beliefs, long before the advent of Christianity.

You are wrong. The first gospel was written in about 60 to 65ad, about 30 years after Jesus' death. The last one was writtern in about 90ad. Im pretty sure Matthew and John knew jesus very well, you know seeing as how they followed him around for years. Paul is known to be an accutate historian.

You are judging the writing with 21st centary expectaions, if you actually did any research on the matter you would know that by first centuary standards, the documentation regarding Jesus is stronger then anyone else of the time period. May as well say Julius Ceaser was a myth.

Please give a few expamples of of two major dtails that are rip off of pagan beliefs and I will gladly debunk them.

Last edited:
so you think society has gotten more immoral? More immoral than when Conquistadors had free reign to rape children and enslave everyone they could in the New World? What about when the Ottomans swelled their harems with captive girls? Or when over a million slaves died erecting the Great Wall of China? Or the medieval selling of indulgences so the wealthy could rape peasants? Or the Bantu expansion, where they genocided several entire populations across Africa? Or when the Mongols sacked a city and spent weeks killing the civilian inhabitants within?

You think there is more gayness today than during the height of Hellenistic culture [who as the War Room should know, were the epitome of the Western Culture they love so much]? You think abortion today compares to the literal killing of infants if they were born sick or lame? Or conquering armies capturing children solely to use them for slavery- sexual or otherwise?

You think today's divorce rate is comparably problematic as the millennia of human history where women were literally property of the husband, with zero rights and protections?

The net suffering, degradation and misery from these eras you wish to return dwarf any amount of "evil" that exists today. The most depraved acts of ISIS cant compare. That fairy tale setting you yearn for only existed for a decade in postwar America for white homeowning males. An infinitesimally tiny sliver of the total human experience. And one that was only sustainable through the collapse of Europe.

Considering what the world population was back in the day...the numbers of murders especially if you include abortion...are more staggering today then ever. Back then wasn't much different than today. They use to sacrifice babies in fires now we just cut em out and kill them before they were born.

Despite our vast increase in knowledge our wisdom is still lacking. All of this knowledge but we don't know what to do with it...We have the resources to feed everyone on earth but instead the rich get rich and poor get poorer.

Look at the population growth and you're going to argue there was more killing back then? More people are probably killed today then the number of people on earth back then. More people have died in wars in the last 100 years than any combined war in human history prior (did i say that write? lol)

check out the graph of world population:

worldpopulationgraph.png

God is a liar who wanted to enslave man and keep him in the dark. Lucifer wanted to bring light and knowledge to man. Lucifer was also loved by all the angels thus God cast him out. God is a jealous control freak hypocrite
Gnostic Christianity. Makes more sense reading Genesis...Yahweh God comes across as petty, jealous and vengeful throughout the bible. "The Snake" comes off as pro-human if anything else.

It is accurate. Back up your claims if you think it's inaccurate. Oh..that's right. You can't.

You're joking right? Let's just start with the most glaring and easiest:

-Zoroaster lived sometime between 1500-1200bc. Thus Zoroastrianism isn’t any older than Judaism.

-Then you have the fact that Zoroastrianism originally had multiple gods (although the other gods are evil) It has Indian influences. There’s actually more evidence that Judaism influenced Zoroastrianism than the other way around. Even the concept of a savior in Zoroastrianism didn’t appear until after Christianity was established.

-Zoroastrianism didn’t develop a concept of heaven or hell until at least 400BC- again this would imply that it got the concept of (at least) Heaven from the Jews instead of the other way around

-Darius I (550-480bc) who you credit for spreading the ideas or Zoroaster would have been a little late in introducing Jews to the concept of a single God by at least a thousand years and Darius himself believed in multiple gods.

If you need any more history lessons, just let me know.

As much as I despise religion and really hate the way Republicans use it as a tool to get people to vote against their own economic interests, I have to disagree with your conclusion. We have seen a very wide range of quality of president which believe in god. Obama goes to church and yet he is a rational, fact based decision maker who can separate his religious beliefs from governance.

Perhaps I can meet you half way and agree that some cannot distinguish between the too and admit as such. There is no place for that shit in our government but it exists.

I guess I will leave off with hating that religion is so intertwined in government but it doesn't preclude one from being very good at their job. It is refreshing to see Bernie, a mainstream politician, get as far as he is without buying into organized religion (he claims to believe in a higher power though).

Back