Historically, has it been better for fighters to make excuses for proven PED usage?

100%.

Look at Jones. There are people on this site who will still say it was just dick pills.

Yes because dumb people far outnumber the intelligent. They're an easy sell. Hell they'll even go to bat for you in ridiculous numbers cause they don't know any different.

Dillashaw is the only fighter to come forward and admit to his mistake like a man, yet he gets so much more hate even compared to the likes of Silva and Jones.

Is it really better for your reputation if you go out like a bitch blaming kangaroo meats and dick pills and conspiracies and stuff? Thats actually so sad

Or maybe people were just looking for a reason to unleash on TJ and he just gave it to them? Discuss
People are almost ALWAYS looking to confirm what they want to believe.

If they like a fighter then they believe they are a victim of substandard regulation of the kangaroo meat/gas station dick pill industries and they never actually cheated.

If they don't like a fighter honesty is meaningless and they are guilty in the court of public opinion retroactively for their whole career.

Mendes did exactly that
Didn't he say he thought his doctor was giving him a vitamin B shot or some similar ridiculous bullshit?

Mendes popped for some weird shit. GHRP6 I believe which is a peptide. I have a hard time believing that shit does anything remotely resembling steroid gains.
Might as well take the real shit, Chad got a 2 year suspension.

PED abuse among kangaroos is well-documented

roger-the-kangaroo-sanctuary-alice-springs-2_custom-e0dfceba6d2665cc8cc0daa5a57eae2bcda46ad8.jpg

I stand corrected.

Obviously making excuses is better. It's like when your parents catch you with alcohol and you say it was your friends. Everyone is happier. Less likely to lose sponsorships as well if you aren't an admitted cheater (something I dont think people want to be).

What has TJ gotten for being honest? No one has commended him. He's just an admitted cheater so people will remember his case more than other cases. I think what he was doing though was also pretty hard to just accidentally take.

Back