Historically, has it been better for fighters to make excuses for proven PED usage?

SirKratos

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Dillashaw is the only fighter to come forward and admit to his mistake like a man, yet he gets so much more hate even compared to the likes of Silva and Jones.

Is it really better for your reputation if you go out like a bitch blaming kangaroo meats and dick pills and conspiracies and stuff? Thats actually so sad

Or maybe people were just looking for a reason to unleash on TJ and he just gave it to them? Discuss

If he was caught for something other than EPO I am not so sure he would have admitted guilt. It's not like he can say he tripped and fell on a needle.

Dillashaw is the only fighter to come forward and admit to his mistake like a man, yet he gets so much more hate even compared to the likes of Silva and Jones.

Strawman, ban.

If he tried half as hard as Jones did, I’m sure he could come up with something.
What could he make up though?
I think things can't be spiked with EPO and it also happened to be the exact PED a former trammate accused him of using years ago.

I’ll say it again, people hate him more for doing padwork in airports and being a dick in practice. I doubt that the EPO alone would have made people dislike him as much as they do.

Last edited:
If he tried half as hard as Jones did, I’m sure he could come up with something.
It would have sounded way too outlandish. But to answer your question I do respect that he just admitted it and the testing from his previous fights shiw no trace of EPO so I will take him at his word that that was the only time he did it.

Dillashaw is not hated for his PED usage, he is hated for being a snake in the grass jock asshole. The PEDs were just the cherry on top.

Not that I care about fighter personalities or PEDs. I'm not marrying Dillashaw, I can't give two shits about him being a jock dick. He is an exciting fighter, which he proved again last that, and that's what I care about when watching MMA.

P.S. Excuses could work for the people who believe not everybody is on steroids and there are a selected few cheats out there.

I admire him actually owning it.

I view him over guys like Jones, Yoel, Hendo and Brock.

Dillashaw is not hated for his PED usage, he is hated for being a snake in the grass jock asshole. The PEDs were just the cherry on top.

Not that I care about fighter personalities or PEDs. I'm not marrying Dillashaw, I can't give two shits about him being a jock dick. He is an exciting fighter, which he proved again last that, and that's what I care about when watching MMA.

P.S. Excuses could work for the people who believe not everybody is on steroids and there are a selected few cheats out there.

Yeah this is true - people hated this dude before he even got popped.

I’ll say it again, people hate him more for doing padwork in airports and being a dick in practice. I doubt that the EPO alone would have made people dislike him as much as they do.

This.

He was hated for years before pissing hot and detractors pile on to whatever sticks. The "Dillasnake" moniker doesn't even make any damn sense - it only stuck because McGregor alluded to it on TUF. So what if he left his original team to follow the trainer who made him a UFC champ? BFD. Any other fighter would have to be a complete moron NOT to do that.

So fair play if he gets hate for being a dick training partner and doing stupid shit in airports. But everything else is "meh" because other fighters do the same and its rarely a big deal.

Lol
I’m no expert but I don’t think kangaroos are kept as livestock and therefore are not given steroids.

PED abuse among kangaroos is well-documented

roger-the-kangaroo-sanctuary-alice-springs-2_custom-e0dfceba6d2665cc8cc0daa5a57eae2bcda46ad8.jpg

You can cover it up with a bigger headline like wand did and retire b4 as you pop for roid. I don’t think anyone hates wand to the levels of these dudes, but he’s in the same boat

Is it really better for your reputation if you go out like a bitch blaming kangaroo meats and dick pills and conspiracies and stuff? Thats actually so sad

Or maybe people were just looking for a reason to unleash on TJ and he just gave it to them? Discuss
Nobody gets more hate than Jones. 90% of sherdog members look for any excuse to shit on people better than them

Back