Historical almosts

Where do you find the idea of a trouncing? Neither of their fights could be considered a trouncing.

Lol. Chris knocked him the fuck out after taking him down and punishing him int he first. He also took extremely little damage himself. He was also beating him up well and good in the second fight, including dropping Silva in the clinch.

Just accept it. In the nearly three total combined rounds we saw those two fights, Weidman beat the hell out of Silva.

f855a3d829b34b25b8830640a963bcbb.gif

lol so close ....

reminds me of this:

ibifUK2Lymz4s0.gif

The Punch that shattered an entire Organization.

seth-petruzelli_kimbo-slice.gif~c200

Kimbo Vs. Ken Shamrock - Shamrock gets cut backstage before the fight and pulls out, literal last minute replacement Seth Petruzelli steps in and pulls off the ultimate upset defeating EliteXC Cash Cow Kimbo Slice.

vctavb.jpg

seth-kimbo.jpg
I know Kimbo is lunging in but it's still pretty impressive that punch generated enough power to knock him down on one leg.

Rashad pulling out of Shogun title fight

Brock vs Fedor negotiations

Jones vs Rumble

Aldo vs Koch(purely to see a devastating finish from Aldo:icon_twis)

$(KGrHqYOKpsE4jL0cdG,BOJ-Nzj4iw~~_35.JPG

And Vitor Belfort was rumored to be Josh Barnette's replacement but never came about.

Wish I had seen Mark Hunt vs. Butterbean. The Fertittas/NSAC put an end to that when they sabotaged Pride's attempt to come to Las Vegas.

Tank Abbot could have been UFC heavyweight champion
Dan Henderson could have been UFC Light-heavyweight and Middleweight champion.

Those are the losses that I'm so mad they happen.

Some old ones I remember hearing, not sure how true they are:

-Fedor was set to fight Vitor in an early UFC but opted for PRIDE instead.
-Anderson Silva was set to take on Matt Hughes in another early UFC but again ended up going to PRIDE.
-Pro Wrestler Meng/Haku was said to be in UFC 1 but ended up signing with WCW.
-Matt Serra almost fought in PRIDE but his opponent got injured by the pyrotechnics in his entrance.

Cro Cop vs. Couture for the UFC HW title.

Gonzaga was a replacement at the time and we all know what happened after. I think Cro Cop would have beat Randy and he would have won the title. Mirko's career narrative would have been complete different at that point.

It's funny how one match changed history and the career/legacy of Cro Cop.

Whaaaat? Rashad was supposed to fight Andy? Never heard that one...

Moose vs belfort, say either suffered a devastating KO could they have bounced back post affliction

Back