Hips REALLY hurt after stretching...

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Spyderz20x6, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spyderz20x6

Spyderz20x6 White Belt

So I've got a bit of a problem. I constantly have this pain in my hips when kicking, and I can't kick higher than my ribs. However, after doing some dynamic stretching and side splits, the pain completely goes away and I can throw head kicks at a slightly shorter person than me. After about an hour, the pain comes back and the same thing happens until I stretch again. What it this? What should I do about it?
    Just give stretching a rest, or what?

Edit: They especially hurt when I start to do my daily stretching.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  2. Tosa

Tosa Red Belt

See a sports medicine doctor.

3. Spyderz20x6

Spyderz20x6 White Belt

I want to know what I can do about it (if anything) before dishing out money for a doctor.

4. Tosa

Tosa Red Belt

If you consitently can't stretch without pain either (1) you're stretching wrong, or (2) you need to see a doctor.

5. Zerocrew1984

Zerocrew1984 Banned Banned

Can we see a video of you stretching? We may be able to point out a few flaws.

6. Spyderz20x6

Spyderz20x6 White Belt

About a month ago (when it started), I WAS stretching wrong, and my hips have been hurting since then. Should I just not stretch for a week and see how that goes?

7. Spyderz20x6

Spyderz20x6 White Belt

Sure, I'll post a video...

8. Tosa

Tosa Red Belt

Stretching wrong how? If it's just a minor strain that you've been aggravating, taking some time off could help, as well as would heat and light exercise. So you could try doing that, and then gradually add stretching back in.

It could also help if you give details as to how you stretch and what sort of stretches you do. Although unlike Zerocrew, I have no desire to see anyone who isn't a hot woman stretching...and a suspect that isn't the case.

You don't want to muck about pain like that, so if resting doesn't fix it, see a sports medicine doctor. You don't want this to become worse, or something chronic.

9. Spyderz20x6

Spyderz20x6 White Belt

So, I have a bed frame that has two little decorative spheres opposite from eachother. The distance between them is about 145 degrees. My hips would not open that wide a month ago. I would lie down with my butt up against the frame, dig one heel into the first circle (perfect fit) and FORCE my other leg to hook into the other circle. It would give huge pain, but would ease up as I held it. It's been hurting ever since, so I may have strained my hips. I would also swing my leg with too much momentum during leg swings.

10. enright3060

enright3060 Brown Belt

Go see a sport's doctor.

11. enright3060

enright3060 Brown Belt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.