Hippo vs. Rhino vs. African Elephant: Which animal takes it?

LE all day, even without huge tusks the pressure they put on the smaller animal would break its skin or bones

Elephants. Way bigger than the others, huge tusks.

Also, as Gabe mentioned there have been plenty of cases where Elephants killed Rhino's. Can't think of any cases where it was the other way around.

If the fight can take place in the river instead of on land I'd take the hippo otherwise gotta take the elephant

One hippo bite and the elephant would be crippled.

Stage 3, I'm at stage 3.
If the elephant was mad enough or in must it would have little issues with a hippo. The hippos only hope is to scare the elephant away with a charge.
There have been numerous cases of young male elephants impaling and killing rhinos for the fuck of it. Basically they were the elephant version of joy riding teenagers as all the adult males had been killed by poachers. They brought in some adult males and the rhino killings stopped.

OK, that's just insane.

Similar to the bear vs. tiger vs. gorilla thread.

The hippo is the most aggressive and territorial animal on earth, and they can run up to speeds of 35 mph. They're the meanest, most nastiest animals on earth that do not give a fuck. The downfall for an elephant in this battle, is that they can't run, but they can walk up to speeds of 15mph.

The elephant can try and penetrate the rhinos and hippos skin with its tusks, but as everyone knows, that's no easy task. Hippos and rhino's have heavily armoured skin, it has been well known that hippos bodies can take a hell of amount of bullets, so when hunted, hunters aim for their face or underbelly.

The rhino in my opinion, is at a huge disadvantage, because of its eyesight. When threatened, they charge with full force though.

The hippo takes this one easily in my opinion.

I am taking the rhino on TRT for this one.

elephants fuck Rhinos

Hippos move out of the way when an elephant is in the water

I once saw this nature documentary about african wildlife. They kept finding dead rhinos everywhere, and couldn't figure out if it was poachers or a disease or what.

Turned out it was an elephant that for some reason had developed a violent dislike of rhinos, and kept pummeling them to death whenever it came across one.

They even caught one instance on camera. The rhino looked like a puppy being hit by a truck.

So elephant takes it, hands down. This is a fact.

Edit: I think this was the instance.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19941023&slug=1937416

I once saw this nature documentary about african wildlife. They kept finding dead rhinos everywhere, like, literally dozens of them, and couldn't figure out if it was poachers or a disease or what.

Turned out it was an elephant that for some reason had developed a violent dislike of rhinos, and kept pummeling them to death whenever it came across one.

They even caught one instance on camera. The rhino looked like a puppy being hit by a truck.

So elephant takes it, hands down. This is a fact.

Well, for all we know, that was the Bruce Lee of the elephant world.

:cool:

I once read that teenage male elephants often bully rhinos, and so I could see them doing the same to hippos.

elephant hands down...
its almost like a heavyweight and the others are big middleweights

elephant hands down...
its almost like a heavyweight and the others are big middleweights

Yup! A bull african elephant in musth (heat) is the most dangerous land animal on earth.

People underestimate the toughness of the hippo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back