Hippo vs. Rhino vs. African Elephant: Which animal takes it?

theycallitMurda

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Similar to the bear vs. tiger vs. gorilla thread.

The hippo is the most aggressive and territorial animal on earth, and they can run up to speeds of 35 mph. They're the meanest, most nastiest animals on earth that do not give a fuck. The downfall for an elephant in this battle, is that they can't run, but they can walk up to speeds of 15mph.

The elephant can try and penetrate the rhinos and hippos skin with its tusks, but as everyone knows, that's no easy task. Hippos and rhino's have heavily armoured skin, it has been well known that hippos bodies can take a hell of amount of bullets, so when hunted, hunters aim for their face or underbelly.

The rhino in my opinion, is at a huge disadvantage, because of its eyesight. When threatened, they charge with full force though.

The hippo takes this one easily in my opinion.

Hippo. Not even close

I saw a show, where the elephant beats the rhino, but I am not sure about the hippo vs. the elephant.

I will have to put my money on the African Elephant by 2nd Round KO over the Hippo.

Stage 3, I'm at stage 3.
If the elephant was mad enough or in must it would have little issues with a hippo. The hippos only hope is to scare the elephant away with a charge.
There have been numerous cases of young male elephants impaling and killing rhinos for the fuck of it. Basically they were the elephant version of joy riding teenagers as all the adult males had been killed by poachers. They brought in some adult males and the rhino killings stopped.

I'm feeling the rhino for this one. Well rounded armor and weapon wise

Size of an elephant; 8,800–15,000 lb

Size of a Rhino: about 7,000 lb, (10,000 lb world record)

Size of hippo; 3,300- 7,100 lb, (9,900 lb world record)

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19941023&slug=1937416

An elephant is just too big, the world record largest hippo and rhino would still be only in the middle range for an elephant, with a big elephant being half again the size of the biggest hippo/rhino ever recorded. Elephant wins this easily.

Elephant and it's not even close. Putting a Rhino or Hippo up against him is like throwing Bones in with Cain or JDS.:icon_twis

I always root for the Rhino.
But Elephant wins.

Some decent sized tusks
kenie342.jpg

How tall are elephants? I imagine they'd be too tall for a rhino or hippo to get a good shot in.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/10/04/hippo-vs-elephant-animal-giants-face-off/

A hippopotamus left no room for his message to get lost in translation when he ferociously defended his territory from an African elephant.

"There is an island on the middle of the Chobe River to which this elephant had crossed," photographer Nicole Cambre who captured the scene while visiting Botswana told National Geographic. "The hippo was not happy about it and was apparently defending its territory."

Cambre watched the scene unfold as the hippopotamus swam towards the elephant near the shoreline. The hippo approached the elephant and gave him an up close view of his massive teeth.

When the hippo came face to face with the largest land animal on Earth, he did not back down. He only reconsidered once the elephants' posse arrived.

"When more elephants crossed the river to the island, the hippo backed off and went back into the river," Cambre said.

While hippopotamus' are often called the most dangerous animal in Africa, the elephants were confident that their sheer size would be enough to ward off the hippo.

Hippos don't give a fuck, I'd still take one over an elephant.

How tall are elephants? I imagine they'd be too tall for a rhino or hippo to get a good shot in.

Definetly the elephant could buck up and stomp either one, not sure if it could crush a rhino or not. Also not sure if the elephant could avoid losing a leg to one of them.

After 10 or 15 minutes I see the elephant being too much for either. I say 3rd round TKO.

Who actually would pick a Rhino?

Elephant would destroy a Rhino..even if it's gamed.

This is like Cain vs Mighty Mouse lol

Back