Hip Replacement at 39

Just got out. Still hurts like a motherfucker.

I want a fucking cigarette all this delotted and oxy they got me on. If they don't let me have one jm gonna burn the toilet paper and riot like Attica

Whee!

ppppp.jpg

Rapid recovery Samovar.

I'm guessing in all surgeries, since they prohibit underwear, someone is always thoroughly playing with and photographing your private parts while you're under.
I wouldn't mind any of that if I'm awake.

I want a fucking cigarette all this delotted and oxy they got me on. If they don't let me have one jm gonna burn the toilet paper and riot like Attica
They always tell you not to smoke for a few hours after surgery due to the anesthesia. Fuck that. Enjoy a ciggy, just don't take big hits. Anyways, glad you survived!

but when I get out....Fentanyl and morphine!! Woo.

Anyone ever had one of these surgeries? Hopefully I can still run after this. Am I stuck doing old people swimming from now on?

Good luck and hoping you have a smooth recovery, bro.

I’m still waiting for my own surgery (brain) so count yourself lucky you’re getting in soon. Let me tell you, the morphine after surgery is great. You’ll probably have a little button to push to control your own high......er I mean pain management. Good luck.

Edit: I see you’re done. Rest up.

I know someone who had at 50years of age. The operation was not very successful and muscles didn't heal well. Then one of the screws got broken and second operation was needed.

This was 10 years ago though with steel prosthesis. Nowadays they use porcelain and the operation success rate has increased greatly afaik.

I swindled these nurses out of 4 vicodins. 2 tramadol and 3 of those morphine substitutes.

Woo-hoo! I feel great! (Not a junkie though I swear!)

I guess I assume I should not drink my Jameson when I get home tomorrow?

this is why you should never let dudes bang you.

j/k

best of luck bro.

A friend of mine needed to have a hip replaced and the doctor wouldn't do it unless he quit smoking. I've had both knees replaced but I never smoked. There was a program I was required to attend before the operation that they went through everything that would happen and explained that people who smoke don't heal as well or as quickly. I live alone and they wouldn't do both knees at the same time. They wanted me to go to a care facility for a week after the operation. I told them I would go home. I had to prove to the physical therapist that I could dress myself and climb stairs before she decided I could go home. A couple years later when I had the second one done, they again wanted me to go to a care facility. The physical therapist brought in her supervisor to try to convince me. The supervisor was the one I had after the first one. She recognized me and said, "if he thinks he can go home, he can go home".

Some people don't do the physical therapy which is why they want them to go to a place that will encourage them to keep moving. The more you move, the quicker it heals.

A friend of mine needed to have a hip replaced and the doctor wouldn't do it unless he quit smoking. I've had both knees replaced but I never smoked. There was a program I was required to attend before the operation that they went through everything that would happen and explained that people who smoke don't heal as well or as quickly. I live alone and they wouldn't do both knees at the same time. They wanted me to go to a care facility for a week after the operation. I told them I would go home. I had to prove to the physical therapist that I could dress myself and climb stairs before she decided I could go home. A couple years later when I had the second one done, they again wanted me to go to a care facility. The physical therapist brought in her supervisor to try to convince me. The supervisor was the one I had after the first one. She recognized me and said, "if he thinks he can go home, he can go home".

Some people don't do the physical therapy which is why they want them to go to a place that will encourage them to keep moving. The more you move, the quicker it heals.
Yup when I was doing my pre-op they blindsided me with a smoker test like a breathalyzer when I kept telling my surgeon I had quit smoking. Rated high as duck. He almost pulled the plug on it but I was like come on doc. I was already canceled once because of Rona and I'm in fucking agony.

Fortunately he relented. I'm still in the recovery room but they let me have nicotine gum at least

I swindled these nurses out of 4 vicodins. 2 tramadol and 3 of those morphine substitutes.

Woo-hoo! I feel great! (Not a junkie though I swear!)

I guess I assume I should not drink my Jameson when I get home tomorrow?
Dunno man. I drank Jamesons while I was on tramadol and it made my chest feel heavy and short of breath.

Dunno man. I drank Jamesons while I was on tramadol and it made my chest feel heavy and short of breath.
I think the problem with doing that. Is that it levels out your drunkedness so you can drink a shitload more than you usually do. So it can lead to alcohol poisoning. Which is how I assume most of these Hollywood people OD and you hear about dying from it. So must do so in moderation

I think the problem with doing that. Is that it levels out your drunkedness so you can drink a shitload more than you usually do. So it can lead to alcohol poisoning. Which is how I assume most of these Hollywood people OD and you hear about dying from it. So must do so in moderation
Hmm I only get the leveling out thing when I drink and do coke. I just felt heavier when I drank while on tramadol.

You're still at the hospital? I thought hip surgery an outpatient thing.

Well, I'm glad you made it through the surgery OK, bro. I don't envy you the recovery & the rehab process though. They're going to be tough. I've had my right knee & my neck rebuilt so far & they tell me that my hips are next as well but hopefully I can get a few more years out of them before it's absolutely necessary.

Take care & feel better, my friend.

Hmm I only get the leveling out thing when I drink and do coke. I just felt heavier when I drank while on tramadol.

You're still at the hospital? I thought hip surgery an outpatient thing.
Fuck no. I'm SUPPOSED to get out tomorrow but I'm not sure man. I just had to have a nurse get up to help me piss (Oklahoma 2 don't bother) and I thought I was literally dying my hip hurts so bad. I can barely shuffle or even get out of bed. So I dunno if I can even get out tomorrow

Fuck no. I'm SUPPOSED to get out tomorrow but I'm not sure man. I just had to have a nurse get up to help me piss (Oklahoma 2 don't bother) and I thought I was literally dying my hip hurts so bad. I can barely shuffle or even get out of bed. So I dunno if I can even get out tomorrow
Ahh shit, I see a glimpse of my future. Gonna have spinal fusion in a month or two and I'm suppose to stay in the hospital 3-4 days after surgery. I read that during that stay they're gonna teach me how to piss, shit, lie down and sit before they let me go home.

Ahh shit, I see a glimpse of my future. Gonna have spinal fusion in a month or two and I'm suppose to stay in the hospital 3-4 days after surgery. I read that during that stay they're gonna teach me how to piss, shit, lie down and sit before they let me go home.
Damn that fucking sucks dude

Back