hip flexor/groin problem

gza

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
bit of a problem in my hip flexor/groin on my right side. when i lift it my leg, theres an aching pain, and as i lower my leg, i hear a *click* on the way down, as if some muscle is rubbing against my pelvis or something cute like that. the pains not terribly bad, i just want to know if i should be resting for awhile or if its ok to keep lifting

I developed a hip click after a bad back sprain and long period of inactivity. A lot of regular stretching fixed it up - PNF and especially static. Check the conditioning forum FAQ for plenty of flexibility training links.

epic.
thanks

i would be lost without my squats and deads :(

I dislocated my hip and as I was rehabing and healing, I would sometimes get a click. It could be that your body is warning you about something. And that is you need to STRETCH badly. Most likely you need to stretch your buttock muscles. Lay indian style on the floor and try to touch your nose to the floor in front of you. Ok, after that interchange your legs so that the left one is where the right one was and vice versa and do the same thing. That's how you stretch to prevent dislocated hip. Prevention is the key.

Back