Hillary vs. Ronda Rousey

The mats don't lie. Take it there.

Ronda is an incredible athlete, but before we go around saying she would win in ANY kind of grappling event.... well I just wouldn't be so quick to count out a world champ.

If she's done with gi, maybe she should go compete in ADCC for fun. She wouldn't be the first MMA fighter to do it, she could win a bunch of cash (probably more than she would make fighting mma) and it would answer alot of questions.

The girl ronda was fighting in video is bjj blue belt and again it was not a beginner's nogi division. The division was comprised of all the women at the tournament; however, they were mostly blue or purple bjj belts. Hillary no disrespect to you but ronda is really to big and strong for you to fight. I don't think you could beat her in bjj, mma or any other grappling event. I think you are very good grappler but ronda has been grappling for over 18 years. When I say grappling I mean submission grappling. Ronda has won over 85% of her judo matches on the ground. Judo only allows 15 to 20 seconds on ground (if there is no progression into submission),thus judo have to learn to submit people fast. Judo players with good ground work (especially world class judo players) practice groundwork (transition from throws to matwork) just as much as they practice throwing. Ronda as aslo competed at high level than you. You have to qualify to go to the world championship and other international judo tournament, therefore only the best in the are allow to compete. I know this is hard to believe but Judo is thrid most practice sport in the world, thus it harder to become a world champion or olympic medalist. BTW, there are 3 ways to win a judo match on ground (pins, chokes, and armbars). Hillary, as before I think you are a great grappler and wish you all the success in the world. BTW feel free to correct in spelling mistake. lol!

well, how about she puts up and goes to compite in no gi, adcc, grapplers quest and she gets something there, then we could start talking about if she is going to even be able to hang with hillary on the ground... No disrespect to her, I think shes a great athlete, but on the ground, hillary will own hes ass...

Last edited:
this thread is full of fail...

@gbutts: how often does ronda train with bjj black belts? has she ever competed in submission grappling against black & brown belts?

Ok.

It's not a bjj vs judo thread. It's about Ronda vs Hillary.

You just make my day. NOBODY will win something important in judo with just 2-3 years of trainning 'cause judo at this level is far more competitive than female bjj. That's it, that's all.

Ronda is a better athlete, simple as that.

You guys dont have a clue about olympic level judoka. You compare your bjj to the avarage judoka. Judoka in usa and north america sucks. But at olympics level, it's another story my firends.

I didnt say that Ronda will beat Hillary in a bjj match, but she will be competitive, far more competitive than hillary in a judo match. Ronda is known for his newaza.

Take the top 10 female judoka and the top ten female bjj'er and compare their strengh and athleticism, no comparaison at all.

As i said, nobody in judo can win something with just 3 years of tranning, so it's easy to see the level of both sports. Please, be serious.

well, Olympic wrestlers are probably much more athletic than Olympic judo guys, and we still sub them too...

is not always about strengh or athletism... Akiyama is probably much more athletic than leben... that didnt stop chris to subed akiyama...

again you do not have to qualify for the pan ams, we have bjj bb at our training center have that won the pan ams black/brown and they only had to fight three or four matches. Ronda does not do gi anymore because as she said its too much like judo and that part of her life is over. She is very focused on her mma. Anyway, Hillary is still to small to fight ronda. Ronda has man strenght ,walks around at 160, about 5'9". She is a complete grappler :leg submission, armbars, chokes, throwing into submission, small joint locks and agrressive. I don't won't offend hillary in anyway i think she is very good, but ronda is just a more complete and experienced grappler. Ronda is the bigger and stronger pitbull. lol!

Sounds hot.... She seeing anyone right now?

this thread is full of fail...

gbutts, how often does rhonda train with bjj black belts? has she ever competed in submission grappling against black & brown belts?

you are asking a father whether his daughter is pretty or not... dont expect much honesty in that answer....

Ronda is an incredible athlete, but before we go around saying she would win in ANY kind of grappling event.... well I just wouldn't be so quick to count out a world champ.

If she's done with gi, maybe she should go compete in ADCC for fun. She wouldn't be the first MMA fighter to do it, she could win a bunch of cash (probably more than she would make fighting mma) and it would answer alot of questions.

I wasn't discrediting anyone's skill. Hilary and Ronda are both great. I was just saying, the only way to find out is on the mats.

Good attitude Hillary. We all enjoy watching your BJJ matches!!!

Hope your wrist gets better soon!

Sounds hot.... She seeing anyone right now?

rondaatav.jpg

again you do not have to qualify for the pan ams, we have bjj bb at our training center have that won the pan ams black/brown and they only had to fight three or four matches. Ronda does not do gi anymore because as she said its too much like judo and that part of her life is over. She is very focused on her mma. Anyway, Hillary is still to small to fight ronda. Ronda has man strenght ,walks around at 160, about 5'9". She is a complete grappler :leg submission, armbars, chokes, throwing into submission, small joint locks and agrressive. I don't won't offend hillary in anyway i think she is very good, but ronda is just a more complete and experienced grappler. Ronda is the bigger and stronger pitbull. lol!

lol,

okay, so you say ronda would beat hillary in bjj and then say she will not compete in gi.

you do not have to qualify for pan ams, but you have to be the belt in which you compete so not sure what this argument is about.

I mean, saying you can beat someone in bjj that just won the BB mundials is a bold statement.

now if you say that ronda will beat hillary in grappling then the ultimate grappling tournament would be ADCC and I believe that the winners get paid but you do have to qualify/get invited.

one cool thing about bjj/grappling is that there are tournaments to prove who is better and even if you are not in the same weight class you still have the open.

alright, i will stop instigating now.

Ronda is a judoka, and a damn fine one...But it is highly unlikely that she would even medal in the Mundials at her weight. But let's be real here...she is not supposed to, she is a Judoka. She tosses people on their heads.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure her newaza is good, but it is not Mundials good. .

Hillary won a combined brown/black division, at her weight and absolute as a brown. The ground is the last place Ronda would want to be with Hillary, I mean really....

just for some balance... your statement conjures up imagery of a stacked bracket crammed full of black belts whereas she won a division with 4 people in it and the first person she beat was also a brown belt.

it also would not be the first time a female judo olympian won the adcc and she was not any where near ronda's skill set (sorry C.S. no disrepect intended).

Last edited:
I wasn't discrediting anyone's skill. Hilary and Ronda are both great. I was just saying, the only way to find out is on the mats.

I actually agree with you wholeheartedly.

my post was directed (with all due respect) to the gentleman who trains Ronda

just for some balance... your statement conjures up imagery of a stacked bracket crammed full of black belts whereas she won a division with 4 people in it and the first person she beat was also a brown belt.

how do you know how good she is on the mat have ever rolled with her? No! sorry post this in the wrong place.

Last edited:
it also would not be the first time a female judo olympian won the adcc and she was not in where near ronda's skill set (sorry C.S. no disrepect intended).

In judo or mma, I would absolutely agree with you, however in pure submission grappling I would have to respectfully disagree that a judoka (even a world class judoka) can beat a nogi world champ in nogi.

But of course there is a very easy, extremely entertaining, and quite possibly very profitable way to find out.

In judo or mma, I would absolutely agree with you, however in pure submission grappling I would have to respectfully disagree that a judoka (even a world class judoka) can beat a nogi world champ in nogi.

But of course there is a very easy, extremely entertaining, and quite possibly very profitable way to find out.

correct if i'm wrong but a gracie did get beat a world class judoka.

Back