Hillary vs. Ronda Rousey

I would say Ronda is quite abit stronger. She is a freak. Cant wait to see where her MMA career go's. I think shes gonna do big things.

As for a BJJ match with Hillary. I dunno, prolly Hillary.

You post a video of me as a blue belt with 3 months MMA training, and a video of a judo black belt in a beginner's nogi division. Of course she's gonna look dominant. And she's bigger. Strength, probably stronger. Bigger and in shape usually means stronger. Athleticism (spelled correctly) and aggressiveness (spelled correctly), I think I'm being underestimated. :)

But either way I'm not fighting MMA anymore so it doesn't matter.

But what about in Modern Warfare 2? It does not require any athletic skills or strength...maybe a little bit of aggressiveness. That would be a match I would totally see. :icon_twis:icon_chee

sorry if this has been asked before

hillary - any plans to move into mma?

thanks.

p.s i'm no foot fetish guy :D

sorry if this has been asked before

hillary - any plans to move into mma?

thanks.

p.s i'm no foot fetish guy :D

Hilary, any chance you'd start your own line of shoes and socks?
Ever consider putting your old shoes and socks on ebay? :icon_chee lmao

You post a video of me as a blue belt with 3 months MMA training, and a video of a judo black belt in a beginner's nogi division. Of course she's gonna look dominant. And she's bigger. Strength, probably stronger. Bigger and in shape usually means stronger. Athleticism (spelled correctly) and aggressiveness (spelled correctly), I think I'm being underestimated. :)

But either way I'm not fighting MMA anymore so it doesn't matter.

Sorry but english is not my first language, dont be a smart ass.

You dont have a clue of what is a top level female judoka in term of athleticism(spelled correctly this time) and aggressiveness (again, spelled correctly this time) compare to a female bjj'er.

Judo is way more competitive at this level (olympics, did i spell it right??) for women than bjj, no comparaison at all. Not to mention that she is bigger and stronger than you.

There is no women in judo who can win something important with only 2-3 years of training...I dont think it's the case in bjj, am i wrong? ;-)

Realy? Why??

are you serious?

but quick, some judo schools do more ground work than others, but with judo you still have less time to work on the ground.

Bjj has all the time you have in a match to be on the ground i they do not stand you up.

So with these different rule sets and emphasis, you would think that judo has better standing and bjj has better ground.
I don't know how to explain this any better.

now, as far as ronda goes, I do not know what she trains beside judo if anything.

also, hillary did win mundials in her weight class this year and believe it or not the mundials is a big bjj tournament.

also, you spelled comparison wrong -->comparaison

are you serious?

but quick, some judo schools do more ground work than others, but with judo you still have less time to work on the ground.

Bjj has all the time you have in a match to be on the ground i they do not stand you up.

So with these different rule sets and emphasis, you would think that judo has better standing and bjj has better ground.
I don't know how to explain this any better.

now, as far as ronda goes, I do not know what she trains beside judo if anything.

also, hillary did win mundials in her weight class this year and believe it or not the mundials is a big bjj tournament.

also, you spelled comparison wrong -->comparaison

yes & she won them as a damn brown belt.

You dont have a clue of what is a top level female judoka in term of athleticism(spelled correctly this time) and aggressiveness (again, spelled correctly this time) compare to a female bjj'er.

Judo is way more competitive at this level (olympics, did i spell it right??) for women than bjj, no comparaison at all. Not to mention that she is bigger and stronger than you.

There is no women in judo who can win something important with only 2-3 years of training...I dont think it's the case in bjj, am i wrong? ;-)

Judoka are very athletic, aggressive, and effective at what they do but they are also stubborn and lack finesse on the ground so they tend to get caught.

I agree with Hillary. In Judo rules, Ronda wins by pretty much whatever throw she wants. In BJJ or submission grappling rules, Hillary pulls guard and gets the triangle.

Hilary, any chance you'd start your own line of shoes and socks?
Ever consider putting your old shoes and socks on ebay? :icon_chee lmao

3626.option_sm.jpg

are you saying that Judo is better for MMA than BJJ because of its athleticism and aggressiveness?
The last time I checked they were not that many Judo rep winning anything in the mma world.

Since when the Olympics status is a guaranteed advantage for MMA!
We always hear about the Japanese guys turning pro mma as soonest they win some bling at the international level but do they succeed in MMA!

Why can't women in judo win something important in only 2-3 years of training?

are you saying that Judo is better for MMA than BJJ because of its athleticism and aggressiveness?
The last time I checked they were not that many Judo rep winning anything in the mma world.

There have been a few, like Akiyama for example. AFAIK he's the most decorated Judoka to fight in the UFC. But then Sexyama used his "aggressiveness" to run out of gas and get triangled by Chris Leben.

There have been a few, like Akiyama for example. AFAIK he's the most decorated Judoka to fight in the UFC. But then Sexyama used his "aggressiveness" to run out of gas and get triangled by Chris Leben.

I really freaked out when I saw that fight.

Chris doing that to such high caliber Judoka.

Well anyway this thread sucks.

Hillary is really cool to come and post in this forum and in return she gets the Judo fanatics started such stupid thread.

She does not even fight MMA anymore. Calling out a "retired" fighter is just lame.

Realy? Why??

Ronda is a judoka, and a damn fine one...But it is highly unlikely that she would even medal in the Mundials at her weight. But let's be real here...she is not supposed to, she is a Judoka. She tosses people on their heads.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure her newaza is good, but it is not Mundials good. .

Hillary won a combined brown/black division, at her weight and absolute as a brown. The ground is the last place Ronda would want to be with Hillary, I mean really....

In bjj, Ronda would be submitted. That shouldn't offend anyone that isn't simply nuthugging as it is only logical. The same way that it is logical that she would obliterate Duff in a Judo match.

Almost silly to think otherwise IMO.

Last edited:
Sorry but Ronda wins in mma against hilary

i was really disappointed in akiyama's ground game. he needs to train some bjj. what use is it to toss someone to the ground and not be able to finish them.

Leben is not some super grappler.

Sorry but Ronda wins in mma against hilary

Yes, because high level judokas always beat high level bjjers in mma. :rolleyes:

Im not saying Hillary wins either, as anyone who thinks they know who would win is an idiot. They're both great athletes, and both have ways they could win. The only way to know who wins would be if they actually fought.

Back