Hillary vs. Ronda Rousey

some dude on mma.tv posted this so take it with a grain of salt, but supposedly Ronda is going to have an mma match with Penny Thomas. That should be pretty cool.

Can too, I'm not ugly or any means but here you go...

Well lol

A: I respect you most as a phenomenal BJJ player and as a medical student. You're pretty much everything I aspire to be (except a chick lol). You're a hero!

As far as your looks go, that's irrelavent; I was just stating a fact. I'm actually not thrilled about it... you and the girl from True Blood have made me Gingercurious. Sick...Gross!!! :icon_chee

But good luck if you do fight again!

I've only watched a couple of videos of Ronda in action. She's awesome, and her throws are clean as a whistle. Women's MMA really could use a technical fighter like her.

I'm not going to try to... rasgar seda? flatter? Hillary or anything, but I really think you could win this one in MMA.

some dude on mma.tv posted this so take it with a grain of salt, but supposedly Ronda is going to have an mma match with Penny Thomas. That should be pretty cool.

i think that it was gary butts and i think him and his daughter train at gokor's with rhonda.

or maybe I am totally wrong.

I'd have to give it to Ronda in anything but a BJJ match. I'd be curious to see how a BJJ match would go. Ronda would be able to dictate where the match took place, as I don't see Hillary being able to take her down, or keep her down if she somehow managed.

Of course I haven't seen Hillary's striking, but even if we assume her striking is better than Ronda's, I see Ronda taking it to the ground, maintaining top position and raining some pain.

Sorry Hillary!

Would be fun to watch, regardless.

Last edited:
I agree.

Not that this matters, or should matter at all...

But I met Cyborg at Strikeforce Houston. She catches alot of unwarranted flak IMO. She was all done up like girls do..makeup and hair and all that, and when I saw her I wondered why people were so mean about her looks. She was genuinely friendly to everyone she came in contact with, her smile is friendly and contagious....and get this, she was actually kind of pretty IMO. Even my fiance said, "Hey, Cyborg cleans up well."

She is not a model. She is a badass monster of a fighter.

Yep. That is what I heard. One of my teammates met her and said she was totally cool. Her hair was done up and she had make up on. They were saying that she definitely had a feminine side.

There is a scene in Terminator 1 where Sarah Connor asks the hero from the future, "What are the girls like there?" His only answer was, "They are good fighters." That's kind of how I see my female training partners.

I know that my teammate and friend Lana Stefanac is out of the weight class in this discussion, but I think she is the toughest female on the planet. Including Cyborg.:D

Last edited:
i didn't mean to imply that cyborg was like a bad person or anything, but there's a reason they call her cyborg...

and not to knock hillary or ronda, but i think both of them would need to fight cyborg to beat her :p

2lxdohw.jpg

Seriously, Roussey is on another level in athletisim, strengh and agressivness. Maybe in a pure bjj fight (maybe!) but like darkslide said, Roussey should won anything but a pure bjj match.

I dunno why but grappling and to some extent fighting is the only sport really that I can enjoy watching females. I know it sounds chauvinistic but female soccer or other teamsports frankly sucks

I dunno why but grappling and to some extent fighting is the only sport really that I can enjoy watching females. I know it sounds chauvinistic but female soccer or other teamsports frankly sucks

Beach volleyball???

LOL I did one amateur as well, two and a half years ago, and these threads still pop up. Kaitlin Young, Meisha Tate, Tara Larosa, Roxy Modafferi, Carina Damm, Sarah Kaufman, Marloes Coenan...all very feminine and could probably beat me and Ronda up.

Also, don't hate on Cyborg because she doesn't fit your definition of pretty. She's a freaking joy of a human being and a very dedicated and determined athlete.

I agree, I said this a long time ago on the forums when they were talking about Cyborg posing in playboy. I'd buy it. I'm gonna shut up before I get myself in trouble though. That is all. Keep up the good work Hilary.

I don't think there would really be any other outcome than a dominating win for Hillary in a pure bjj match. She's a world champion. She threw Gabby Garcia!

Seriously, Roussey is on another level in athletisim, strengh and agressivness.

You post a video of me as a blue belt with 3 months MMA training, and a video of a judo black belt in a beginner's nogi division. Of course she's gonna look dominant. And she's bigger. Strength, probably stronger. Bigger and in shape usually means stronger. Athleticism (spelled correctly) and aggressiveness (spelled correctly), I think I'm being underestimated. :)

But either way I'm not fighting MMA anymore so it doesn't matter.

Back