Hilarious video: I feel Sorry for How Mousasi Got treated

Meh...The guy has beaten every fighter he lost to in the UFC.

He's also beaten guys who have been World Champions/top contenders from 170 to heavyweight. Machida, Weidman, Mark Hunt, Rory Macdonald, Lima, Jacare, Thiago Santos, Lombard, etc

Not many guys with that kind of resume. Let's not act like he wasn't on a great run when he left the UFC, who didn't want to see him fight more guys there?

great post

Really under rated guy on account of him not having a flashy persona or beating someone famous

The Moose is Loose!

ScalyLargeGangesdolphin-max-1mb.gif

It sucks what happened for sure. People always talk about what would have happened in the hypothetical situation where Bisping didn't "ruin Mixed Martial Arts" which took away Mousasi's supposed clear and automatic shot at winning the UFC gold.

Nobody ever talks about a hypothetical situation where Bisping doesn't win the belt, and then Mousasi has a path to the title and hypothetically STILL doesn't win the UFC gold. The dude loses fights, he's lost eliminators, and he lost to guys that were at the front of the line at the time.

I legitimately like Moose, and it's unfortunate what happened. But his crazy sherdog fanbase continues to sensationalize his story, and that story is that he was basically the #1 contender who without a doubt would have been the champion, and it's Michael Bisping's fault for stepping up on short notice and knocking out Luke Rockhold, and then clogging up the division by fighting Dan Henderson. I get it, that sucked and clearly wasn't fair. But don't forget that Moose lost big fights, and there were arguably 3 people in front of him at the time. In a couple more years, his fanbase is going to be claiming that he's undefeated.

I was upset when Wanderlei Silva headbutted Guy Mezger, I didn't whine about it for years.

I thought this was gonna be about this video, when Fedor puts ice down the back of his shirt.

UFC ditched him on a 5 fight win streak. Meanwhile they reward others with one TOP 5 fight after another, despite losses.

Ditched him on a 5 fight streak - I agree, total bullshit.

Reward other fighters with one Top 5 fight after another, if you mean GSP and Dan Henderson, yes I agree 100%.

BUT, Robert Whittaker and Yoel Romero had longer win streaks with better wins. Jacare's only blemish on what would have been a longer win streak was a split decision loss to Yoel Romero, and he had beaten Mousasi in their most recent fight. Moose still wasn't at the front of the line, and wasn't at the front of the line pre or during Bisping era.

A true legend, underappreciated by casuals

Moussasi and hendo are top 5 open weight fighters of all time. I put more into an open weight fighter than I do a dominant champ.of one weight class. Gegard has wins at mW, lhw and hw. He's a generational talent.

He didn't win when it mattered during his UFC run

Hes doing good in Bellator tho
Ya he’s come up short quite a few times in big fights. As of late, he hasn’t looked unbeatable in bellator. Lost to Lovato. SD to a fading Machida. And a fairly lackluster win over Lima.

I agree with you on all except, a ton of people know the moose.

He’s huge overseas and has been for years.
I love Mousasi and have followed him for a while but I didn't know this -- makes sense as it's hard to get a grasp on how big fighters are in other countries at times. I'm glad to hear he is a big deal over there as I feel he deserves it. He is hilarious and a great fighter.

especially ones who spent years in Japan and other orgs where there was no testing.
There may as well have been no testing in the UFC up until USADA with how easy it was to pass in addition to the fact that tapering off steroids for 10 days is actually better for performance than being "on" steroids (and 10 days is more than enough time to pass pre-USADA tests).

He basically got neglected oppurtunities based on his disdain of the “show business” aspect of MMA.

He fights well, he’s exciting, but he talks about the Conor Mcgregor and Mayweather loud mouthed money making approach to self promotion that’s just never been his style of personality.

He also calls out the culture of everyone using PEDs. I believe he was actually clean. His physique always looked normal.

He’s funny in his own down to earth way but just never had the appeal mainstream MMA fans are looking for.

I don’t think many people outside of Sherdog know who Mousasi is.

Well no one to blame for that but Moose himself, as you said this is the fight BUSINESS.

With any business, you need promotion in order to be noticed and succeed. Moose wanted an increase in pay but he wasn’t willing to put in the work and raise his popularity to justify it.

As for PEDs, most guys who were busted had a “normal physique” ie Ortega, Andy, Machida, Chael, Rothwell. Then there are natural guys like Ngannou, Gane and costa. Not all drugs are conducive to muscle building many are taken simply to increase athletic performance.

I think most would agree that Moose was on drugs in pride, what do you think the chances are that he has given them up now?

I’ve said it a million times on here

but Mousasi is the real BMF.

literally, dude has fought and beaten HW kickboxing champions, LHW beasts like Latifi and OSP ( latifi on a days notice while Gus was out with a scratch and Mousasi had a torn knee? Lmao)
Look at the guys body
Take a fucking look at it.
Guy ain’t taking any Peds.
Yet he’s fighting all the juice boys without a solitary fuck given.

Nate Diaz is cool, but just because he says cool stuff doesn’t change the fact as far as mma ‘BMF’ goes, the dude has been beating up lightweights while he’s a glorified WW.
And Masvidal? Yeah real BMF, he got dry humped and back packed by a 50 year old Maia and got out boxed and schooled by a karate teacher the last time I checked.
Knocking out a fraud (Till) and Askren? Lmao
Yeah ok.

mousasi would beat Nate and Jorge in the same night and I ain’t even playing.

best quote from Gegard for you

‘I’m glad Vitor signed to fight me, I’m building a block of apartments and he’s going to pay for the hardwood floors’

Back