Hilarious how some people use the Mendes fight as the deciding factor for Khabib

Worry not. She made them pay.

tenor.gif

Good that soon we will be able to point and laugh at this silly TS

This is absolutely false.

Kavanagh was on the MMAHour immediately after the Mendes fight, and he told Helwani that Conor damaged his ACL earlier in the camp, but was "100%" 3 weeks out from the fight. That's more time than Mendes had to get ready. Conor was lying about it being 80% torn, for obvious reasons. Kavanagh had no reason to lie, and clearly is better informed than anyone.

I've repeated this fact a number of times in the past week, but the billshit continues.. I'm going to do you Sherdorks a service make a thread when I have the time, with a timestamped link to the vid with Kavanagh's quote.
Kav said one thing, Conor said another

Hard to say with any certainty

all you khabib certainties .. let's see your betslips. Otherwise it's all wishful thinking self convincing.

all you khabib certainties .. let's see your betslips. Otherwise it's all wishful thinking self convincing.
This always gets me. You think it takes a lot of self convincing to convince one's self that an undefeated fighter who has never even broken a sweat in the octagon can't beat a smaller man who lost in humiliating fashion to an out of shape gate keeper? Lol

Kav said one thing, Conor said another

Hard to say with any certainty

Oh come on man. When I type up some bullshit and a poster comes along and shows me reasonable proof of me being wrong, I'm man enough to concede. Stop lawyering, admit the 'Conor injured during Mendes fight' is BS and let's move on.

As I stated in the previous post, in this case, Kavanagh had no reason to lie. Conor meanwhile, has plenty of motive to do so. Any reasonable person can see what's real here.

The fact is that Conor apparently did suffer an injury during camp and, as Kavanagh said in that same interview, it affected his preparation, even after the injury healed. You could even argue that it affected him in the fight, because he was afraid that his knee might pop at any point. THAT is a reasonable argument - "80% torn" - what you are leaning on now - is fucking ludicrous.

Oh come on man. When I type up some bullshit and a poster comes along and shows me reasonable proof of me being wrong, I'm man enough to concede. Stop lawyering, admit the 'Conor injured during Mendes fight' is BS and let's move on.

As I stated in the previous post, in this case, Kavanagh had no reason to lie. Conor meanwhile, has plenty of motive to do so. Any reasonable person can see what's real here.

The fact is that Conor apparently did suffer an injury during camp and, as Kavanagh said in that same interview, it affected his preparation, even after the injury healed. You could even argue that it affected him in the fight, because he was afraid that his knee might pop at any point. THAT is a reasonable argument - "80% torn" - what you are leaning on now - is fucking ludicrous.
I'm not leaning on anything, my post that you just quoted was my first on this topic

Just doesn't really seem like we have proof either way

I'm not leaning on anything, my post that you just quoted was my first on this topic

Just doesn't really seem like we have proof either way

We have two statements: one from Conor (80% torn) one from Kavanagh (knee was 100% 3 weeks out). One of them is clearly lying and who you believe says a lot about what kind of person you are. I think we're done here.

who you believe says a lot about what kind of person you
Lol

Just remember you have no idea what the truth is, I guess that's most important

But also, think about why Kavanagh might lie that way. I'm sure you can come up with something

People who do this have literally no fucking idea what they are talking about.. even some so called "mma journalist " have been spouting this nonsense

Chad is waaaaay quicker then Khabib
Chad has a decent grasp on boxing
Chad is waaay smaller, and can duck beneath Conor's shots
Chad can blast double in the middle of the cage

This is why he was able to take him down

Khabib is slow
Khabib is taller
Khabib offers no threat with his hands
Khabib can not hit take downs in the center of the cage
Khabib needs to back Conor straight up and chain wrestle

This is bad news bears for Khabib

"You're a wrestler with an over hand I've been beating that style my whole life"
Shit Khabib doesn't even have an over hand

Lol

Just remember you have no idea what the truth is, I guess that's most important

But also, think about why Kavanagh might lie that way. I'm sure you can come up with something

Yes, literally no idea. Both super credible statements. We will never know for sure.

U can say what you want for only for about 2 months TS
After that you will dissapear

People who do this have literally no fucking idea what they are talking about.. even some so called "mma journalist " have been spouting this nonsense

Chad is waaaaay quicker then Khabib
Chad has a decent grasp on boxing
Chad is waaay smaller, and can duck beneath Conor's shots
Chad can blast double in the middle of the cage

This is why he was able to take him down

Khabib is slow
Khabib is taller
Khabib offers no threat with his hands
Khabib can not hit take downs in the center of the cage
Khabib needs to back Conor straight up and chain wrestle

This is bad news bears for Khabib

"You're a wrestler with an over hand I've been beating that style my whole life"
Shit Khabib doesn't even have an over hand

Conor is also slower at LW so I'm thinking it'll even out since Khabibs style of TD's is more centered around explosive mid distance shots and grabbing a hold of the opponent.

Conor has had rough nights when his opponents don't have a severe reach disadvantage granted Khabib isn't a great striker himself but his head movement is pretty good and the way he wades in with his head cocked makes it difficult for southpaws to land clean.

If you think Khabibs gonna strike you're outright wrong he'll probably work his way in and work for some shots. If Khabib decides he's a striker that night he's gonna get hit with a crisp counter and it's lights out.

It's gonna be all about positioning. Conor circling out and Khabib working him to the cage, imho from Conors track record I'd say the odds of Conor getting taken down compared to Khabib getting hit with a counter are in favor of Khabib grinding him into the mat.

I'm not so sure. Conor is gonna be rusty and going from his personality he's gonna try to head hunt like the Diaz and Alvarez fights I think Khabibs probably gonna have a power double into a slam given to him on a silver platter. But that's just my opinion.

Yes, literally no idea. Both super credible statements. We will never know for sure.
Conor isn't credible since he's outright lied and exaggerated to the max on multiple occasions.

"I'm gonna be an active champ."
"Nate Diaz was tree times da siz'ame"
"Aldo waz a gewd champion I wanna doo eet agen."

To name a few. Kavanaugh > Conor imo.

Conor isn't credible since he's outright lied and exaggerated to the max on multiple occasions.

"I'm gonna be an active champ."
"Nate Diaz was tree times da siz'ame"
"Aldo waz a gewd champion I wanna doo eet agen."

To name a few. Kavanaugh > Conor imo.

sarcasm bro...

Back