Hilarious how some people use the Mendes fight as the deciding factor for Khabib

Yep.

hqdefault.jpg

images
Not too sure what this adds to the discussion but uh ok. Great insight

Not too sure what this adds to the discussion but uh ok. Great insight

He is definitely better than 'before' ie before the mendes fight which is clearly eviden in fights after. You dont lose skills in 2 years, in which he competed in that 2 years at the highest level.
In those two years he cracked Aldo in a fight which was way too short for anyone to judge. He got choked the fk out by Diaz barely winning the rematch. Lost to Floyd in a boxing match.

So the only thing you are basing yourself on to say he's improved is his 1 fight against Alvarez?

Okay..

"He is definitely better than 'before' ie before the mendes fight which is clearly eviden in fights after. You dont lose skills in 2 years, in which he competed in that 2 years at the highest level."
So you taking a loss doenst mean youre better than before? How did RDA become champ after being tossed around by khabib?

So you taking a loss doenst mean youre better than before? How did RDA become champ after being tossed around by khabib?
If getting choked out by a journeyman is getting better than before, then I don't know what to tell you, kid.

If getting choked out by a journeyman is getting better than before, then I don't know what to tell you, kid.
Is a title challenger a journeyman? Or is michael johnson a journeyman? You know, the guy that knocked out Poirier has now come leaps and bounds since. I will counter you with facts all night kid.

Two reasons.

1) McGregor tore his ACL a couple weeks before the fight. For all you tubby lards, this is as serious knee injury as it gets, you lose all stability on that knee. Generally takes 12 months of proper rehab and training and it never really is the same. This is a significant factor in why mendes could take conor down.
Conor threw more kicks than ever in this fight. Many spinning moves. He did not look like he was bothered with stability at all. Also he fought again a few months later.

This is quite an indicator that it was not nearly as severe as you describe it.

If it was though then you are right. It will never be the same. But why do you think that it would not be an issue in this fight?

If anything it works against him. He has had knee issues before. This is a problem vs a guy that will force him to scramble, fight off leg trips etc.

Also Diaz got him down. In the clinch(Not consistently of course). And he is horrible in the clinch and with TDs. Even clueless Eddie was able to get to the clinch. But his clinch TDs are nowhere near Khabib's. He was not able to get Pettis down consistently whose weakness has always been TDD.

Conor has to be perfect on every exchange and finish it quick or to do enough damage every time to break Khabib's pressue because chances are quite high that he will not be able to consistently keep Khabib off of him otherwise. And he has to hope that Khabib does not have a rocksolid chin. Khabib though does not have the mileage of several wars on him and has never been in trouble despite eating some solid shots every now and then.

My prediction for the first round is Conor will tag Khabib once maybe twice but Khabib will close the distance and get him down. And then Conor is in trouble.

Two reasons.

1) McGregor tore his ACL a couple weeks before the fight. For all you tubby lards, this is as serious knee injury as it gets, you lose all stability on that knee. Generally takes 12 months of proper rehab and training and it never really is the same. This is a significant factor in why mendes could take conor down.

2) This one is very important. McGregors game has changed quite a bit since that fight, he is nowhere near the same fighter and has completely refined his game (cheers diaz).

Output has decreased quite a bit, no more balls to the wall with a variety of strikes, he picks shots and uses the same ones over and over and throws a spin kick sparingly. Conors abiltiy to adapt to his strengths has been remarkable and his TDD has improved by a mile as proven in the alvarez fight (Inb4 retard haters bring up Diaz fight while not realising conors style has also changed afterthe diaz fights, now adding COMBOS to his crisp punches as well).

Conor is going to crack khabib with his superior striking and its gonna get nasty early. Khabib may survive but given how rudimentary his standup is khabib will likely panic and shoot from the hip.

TLDR

Healthy, refined game conor is nowhere near the same fighter as he was against Mendes and drawing conclusions from that fight is STUPID
you really went from getting over being a conor fan to your old self in no time didnt you buds?

full camp mendes would have caved conors face in with elbows via gnp.

I like McGregor, but Khabibi is the worst match up for him in the UFC. A dominant wrestler who has effortlessly taken down every opponent. He is a much bigger, better version of Mendes.....thus the comparisons.
Mendes-takedown-McGregor-1.gif

upload_2018-8-10_8-17-30.jpeg

In those two years he cracked Aldo in a fight which was way too short for anyone to judge. He got choked the fk out by Diaz barely winning the rematch. Lost to Floyd in a boxing match.

So the only thing you are basing yourself on to say he's improved is his 1 fight against Alvarez?

Okay..
If you cant see the improvements he has made you are blind.

I like how you couldnt counter my point with Poirier and Johnson.

And yes, even if i entertained your last question, a fighter can make serious adjustments after one fight. Look at cejudos style after benavidez. I can do this all day btw, also i can agree and change my mind on things if given the information. Seems you can not do this.

Conor can't KO full sized human beings. Every finish he has was over someone smaller than him. Khabib will walk through Conor's best shot and slam him on the back of his neck.

you really went from getting over being a conor fan to your old self in no time didnt you buds?

full camp mendes would have caved conors face in with elbows via gnp.
Didnt like his off field antics. The fighte r however is great.

Full camp mendes back then may have had a chance... but now? Taken out in 3 minutes or less.

Brain-damaged, rusty Conor will look like garbage and Khabib subs him late 2nd/early 3rd round.

Khabib is a lot bigger and mauls guys the entire fight.

Believe it.

Conor says he fought with an 80% torn ACL. There is no way in hell he would have been cleared by docs to fight if that was the case. I have torn my ACL 80% (skiing)and could barely walk or bend my leg. I know I am not a pro fighter, but if you tore your ACL 80% his knee would have been swollen from the fluid build up and he would not be able to even bend it much, let alone fighting in an MMA fight against a grappler the level of Mendes. He looked to be moving around just fine in the fight. But what do I know.

Didnt like his off field antics. The fighte r however is great.

Full camp mendes back then may have had a chance... but now? Taken out in 3 minutes or less.
lmao.

fren. i like you, but i dont like who you become when conor is mentioned..

seriously, even 3 weeks mendes would dispatch conor on the ground caving his face in with elbows. conor had to beg to the ref for some bullshit reason to get stood up. if that stand up didnt happen, chad was bout to tko him.

i think conor said to the ref 'look buds, my face is pretty sore from this brutal gnp, can you stand us up please?'

Conor says he fought with an 80% torn ACL. There is no way in hell he would have been cleared by docs to fight if that was the case. I have torn my ACL 80% (skiing)and could barely walk or bend my leg. I know I am not a pro fighter, but if you tore your ACL 80% his knee would have been swollen from the fluid build up and he would not be able to even bend it much, let alone fighting in an MMA fight against a grappler the level of Mendes. He looked to be moving around just fine in the fight. But what do I know.
Might have taken injections. I have torn mine fully twice right knee two knee recons.

Two reasons.

2) This one is very important. McGregors game has changed quite a bit since that fight, he is nowhere near the same fighter and has completely refined his game (cheers diaz).

Output has decreased quite a bit, no more balls to the wall with a variety of strikes, he picks shots and uses the same ones over and over and throws a spin kick sparingly. Conors abiltiy to adapt to his strengths has been remarkable and his TDD has improved by a mile as proven in the alvarez fight (Inb4 retard haters bring up Diaz fight while not realising conors style has also changed afterthe diaz fights, now adding COMBOS to his crisp punches as well).

Conor is going to crack khabib with his superior striking and its gonna get nasty early. Khabib may survive but given how rudimentary his standup is khabib will likely panic and shoot from the hip.

TLDR

Healthy, refined game conor is nowhere near the same fighter as he was against Mendes and drawing conclusions from that fight is STUPID

They've used it as a reference point of sorts for nearly every fight after.

Some people lost their shit when Thompson stuffed Hendricks take downs because of the way the Brown fight went and Thompson trains with Weidman, so he's obviously going to improve his TDD over time.

Just post the video of Conor against Dave Hill.

lmao.

fren. i like you, but i dont like who you become when conor is mentioned..

seriously, even 3 weeks mendes would dispatch conor on the ground caving his face in with elbows. conor had to beg to the ref for some bullshit reason to get stood up. if that stand up didnt happen, chad was bout to tko him.

i think conor said to the ref 'look buds, my face is pretty sore from this brutal gnp, can you stand us up please?'
The whole mendes would beat conor is purely hypothetical. We simply dont know and can only speculate, however we do know that conor tkod him in the second.

Im pretty based about conor so not sure why you think im inconsistent. He isnt some mythical god and khabib imo has 60 percent chance of winning. This thread is to talk about what the thread title says which again is a pretty based and correct assessment.

Whenever i say outlandish shit about mcgregor its only to trigger the haters which works beautifully

Back