Highschool wrestling plz help

Grow Anaerobic endurance.................

Then get fucking strong.

if you show up out of shape, you're gonna leave your guts on the mat

I started wrestling as a junior in high school and loved it. We had a really good team that year and I was a total noob and didn't do that great. I never did that great at wrestling, not my senior year either. But I didn't know any of the stuff that is here on sherdog. Seriously, these are all great tips, and there is tons of great stuff on this site. Browse around. read all the forums. Work on your strength, your cardio, your techinique, everything. I know I would have done a lto better if I had of known half of the what I ahve learned from sherdog in the past few years. I didn't know what a deadlift was, I was haveing a hard time remembering all the techinques and could not find any instructionals to help me out.

My advice is to do it and do it all out. I lost a lot but I loved it even the same and it gave me the proper base to learn BJJ and Judo better later on. Once you get hooked, you will too.

About the diet, explain it to your parents and talk about your goals. Eating right is not that hard. This week I have found the joys of tuna, canned corn and tortillas, and fresh fruit. Seems pretty healthy to me, and tastes good. I toast the tortilla in the toaster oven and wrap it around the tuna and corn. Fresh fruit on the side. Cheap and very easy. I get the cans that pull open so I don't have to wash a can opening (assuming I even had a can opener). In fact, eating healthy might be cheaper than eating garbage by getting take out all the time. Just takes some discipline. If you have fat now, I suggest dropping some of it before the season starts. And go hard on your cardio and strength aspects now to build a good base so you don't get destroyed right away. When I was able to hang with the other wrestles it was because I was strong and had good endruance (swim team, cross country, and lots of body weight excersizes).

Good luck and give it your all.

Back