Highest P4P GOAT that's not a divisional GOAT

SeattleFightFan

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
We can all agree that there's no agreed upon criteria for what P4P or GOAT is. Cool. That's out of the way.

So in your opinion, who's the highest ranked P4P GOAT that's not #1 in their own division? Some examples:

Hendo
(EDIT) Cormier
Hughes
Pele
Sakuraba
Some Gracie or another
Randy Couture
(I'm reluctant to name a current fighter....)

Last edited:
DC is a good one. Thanks. I'll add him.

I still pick Hendo though. His Pride WW GP (183lbs) & MW (205lbs) belts at Pride, plus wins over Big Nog & Fedor at HW, and a (almost) 20 year career.

DC is the correct answer - but a few other notable mentions:

Tony Ferguson
Max Holloway - if you consider the FW goat to be Aldo :)

I believe this is the highest:
The mountain goat, also known as the Rocky Mountain goat, is a hoofed mammal endemic to North America. A subalpine to alpine species, it is a sure-footed climber commonly seen on cliffs and ice.

Edgar, although he's obviously slipping now. He has top 5 wins at LW and FW,
If he gets a top win at BW, he'll have top wins across three divisions topped off with his belts at home.

Big Nog is like the perfect answer for this. Henderson is another.

Big Nog
Henderson
Barnett
Arlovski
Machida
Shogun
Liddell
Hughes
Belfort
Franklin

I believe this is the highest:
The mountain goat, also known as the Rocky Mountain goat, is a hoofed mammal endemic to North America. A subalpine to alpine species, it is a sure-footed climber commonly seen on cliffs and ice.

Speaking of the Rockies, maybe John is the GOAT

Marty Usman is starting to creep up there

he just beat the only guy that can wrestle with him unless Khabib or Islam move up

DC would have dominated LHW for years if Jones never existed, and would have probably been a GOAT tier HW if he'd stayed there in his prime.

Back