Highest level opponent Rumble has ever tko/KOd has been Lilla Nog.

Grandpa, ring-rusted, constantly injured Lil Nog, who did his best work some 10 years ago.

Also, please remember that Rumble is a natural WW so you shouldn't expect him to have cataclysmic power at LHW of all places. What he does manage to do is pure skill.

I don't even know where to start...he broke Arloski's jaw. Let that sink in.

I don't see this fight being particularly competitive. Johnson is just a big flat footed bruiser. Gus is going to be running circles around him, being in and out using his hand speed advantage. I wouldn't be surprised if he took Johnson down multiple times.

Johnson's got a punches chance that's it.

No I watch the actual fights. Are you enjoying the taste of Jimi's nuts? He's one dimensional and Rumble would destroy him

You are definitely enjoying the hype videos.

You are definitely enjoying the hype videos.

Do you watch any fights outside of Europe or that don't include a European fighter? I don't watch hype videos, I don't get on hype trains. This is a guy who has clearly turned his career around and has grown up. He would beat Jimi but we will never know because Jimi will never get high enough in ranking to fight Rumble lol

I don't see this fight being particularly competitive. Johnson is just a big flat footed bruiser. Gus is going to be running circles around him, being in and out using his hand speed advantage. I wouldn't be surprised if he took Johnson down multiple times.

Johnson's got a punches chance that's it.

Take him down multiple times? You know the guy who teaches Gus wrestling couldn't take Johnson down once on several attempts. Johnson isn't a flat footed brawler maybe actually watch him fight and see that he slips punches and throws good combinations with his hands and feet. Brawlers don't do that

I would say Lil Nog may be the most overrated fighter, and has been for some time. And that's from a long-time BTT fan.

gtfo. he beat rashad, and had competitivw fights with bader and davis. underated if anything.

Also, please remember that Rumble is a natural WW so you shouldn't expect him to have cataclysmic power at LHW of all places. What he does manage to do is pure skill.

gtfo. have you seen the arlovski, and nog fights?

He is def hittable because he has that Norse Viking jaw. Sooner or later that will fail him.... but damned if he isn't going to test it every chance he gets, :icon_chee

I haven't had a good feeling about this fight since it was signed. But hey, at least he doesn't hide from challenges constantly or try to pick opponents etc...

Same, but been dying to see it since rumble beat lil nog. Glad the ufc put it together. I remember people on here wanting them both to get easy paths (back) to the title.

Take him down multiple times? You know the guy who teaches Gus wrestling couldn't take Johnson down once on several attempts. Johnson isn't a flat footed brawler maybe actually watch him fight and see that he slips punches and throws good combinations with his hands and feet. Brawlers don't do that

So anyone gus could manage to take down is an easy challenge for 'The Master' Phil Davis right?
He'd submit Jones in a single round probably?

Get fucking real. Do you understand what incorporating strikes does to the wrestlinggame?
It's far more likely that anyone would be taken down by Alex than Phil at this point, they'll be too busy dodging hand combinations and knees to mount an effective TDD.. watch some damn fights.

i think gus is gonna win, Johnson is legit but Gus has taken it to another level.

So anyone gus could manage to take down is an easy challenge for 'The Master' Phil Davis right?
He'd submit Jones in a single round probably?

Get fucking real. Do you understand what incorporating strikes does to the wrestlinggame?
It's far more likely that anyone would be taken down by Alex than Phil at this point, they'll be too busy dodging hand combinations and knees to mount an effective TDD.. watch some damn fights.

Gus caught jones off guard. Jones never expected Gus to try to take him down. Phil has taken down everyone else he has faced who was expecting takedowns. Rumble will expect the takedown and the fact that Davis got pretty deep on some of those takedowns and still couldn't take him down is my reasoning. Watch some damn fights! Rumble has a great sprawl. Gus wont take him down I will bet you on that

I say it here again.

I don't want to disrespect Rumble, he's a great fighter and I wish him really good luck.

But Gus is just different league, he is the only fighter which gave Jones really lot of trouble, he has also improved much since this fight.

This fight is going to be one sided beating once Rumble start slowing down (and even the first round, Gus will easily control his offense with his footwork & movement and far better boxing)

Back