high school wrestling help please

Cameron said:
im 130 and 5'9. the only pin i can do is the head and arm and i kinda suck at it. another question you said to watch high level wrestling, do you know any videos or any thing or site where i can watch and see some high level wrestling.

Holy Shit... 5'9 and 130. Pay close attention when the coach goes over leg rides and ankle picks.

Ima 150 pounder, no arms, but I got tree trunk legs and about six months worth of BJJ ... but I seem really good with the dbl underhooks, seeing as thats the position Ive studied the most.

Also, what would you need to do to get rid of post practice shakes and cramps? I had my first official "practice" today, and all it was was just conditioning. I went home sick, had cramps, diarheya, shakes, muscle convulsions. It took me three hours to recover.

Also, Is it wise to eat alot of carbs before wrestling?
your body will get used to the fatigue. It is intense but you will recover better and better as the weeks go by.
As for post workout recovery, a good sports drink will help. Get those vitamins in your system as well as fluids. Eating carbs before wrestling is not a bad idea but stay away from the processed stuff. A seet potato or some whole grain rice or bread ought to do the trick.
And like everyone else says practice at home, not just at school.

Sinister101 said:
Ima 150 pounder, no arms, but I got tree trunk legs and about six months worth of BJJ ... but I seem really good with the dbl underhooks, seeing as thats the position Ive studied the most.

Also, what would you need to do to get rid of post practice shakes and cramps? I had my first official "practice" today, and all it was was just conditioning. I went home sick, had cramps, diarheya, shakes, muscle convulsions. It took me three hours to recover.

Also, Is it wise to eat alot of carbs before wrestling?

What you eat is just as important as how much you eat. You need more complex carbs and less junk. NO soda, NO candy. That shit will do you no favors on the mat. Nutrition is overlooked by many wrestlers at the high school level. If you eat healthy, you'll have an edge.

Now repeat after me....

"The site I adore on the basketball floor is wrestling mats from door to door." Amen

Saaid you just started..how about practicing and giving it some time..damn kids these days!

OMG I learned how to use use my hips and my lower back in my throws...OMG Im so excited. lol

I'm changing my diet so that I consume less sodas, thats my big problem. I don't have much fat on me, so I feel like I need a lot of calories to get through the day. Have you guys ever tried using Petyalite after practice? I heard that its real good for rehydration.

Sinister101 said:
OMG I learned how to use use my hips and my lower back in my throws...OMG Im so excited. lol

I'm changing my diet so that I consume less sodas, thats my big problem. I don't have much fat on me, so I feel like I need a lot of calories to get through the day. Have you guys ever tried using Petyalite after practice? I heard that its real good for rehydration.

My HS coach used to make the whole team run until someone vomited if he caught one of us drinking soda. You'd get more nutrion if you ate the can. Pedialyte, gatorade, water. It all works, but you should be hydrated ON the mat. Glad to hear you discovered the importance of hips. Good hips = good center of gravity = better wrestler.

Back