High Reps vs Low Reps

If you just want to look good, well that is an issue of bodybuilding and not really a topic we discuss here. We're all about performance>>>>>>>appearance. You are better off going to a bodybuilding site like T-Nation or BB.com.

Is that Kirk Karwowski in yourr avatar? That's like my fav. video of all time

ive been doin 1-5 reps for far too long ....

I think that plumber's crack is a bad look on pretty much anyone.

Do you have to grease your legs up to get into jeans like that? Damn.

It depends. I like tight jeans on a woman, but not the super tapered tight jeans that I see these days.

Yeah, that tapered thing is one of the wonderful 80's styles come back to haunt us all... Whoever thought bringing 80's fashion back was a good idea deserves to walk around with a Flock of Seagulls haircut for a year.

Some experts today are saying things differently, to simplify gaining mass. They say strive for strength and with an adequate diet, size will follow.

So with compound exercies, just try to up it every now and again. I kow thats basic, but sometimes a simple approach (at least for a brief period of time) is a good one.

What would be the recommendation if you want to build moderate muscle mass and tone up. I.E. look good. I am 5'9 and weigh 175. While i am in decent shape i now that i need to get in the gym and devote more time. However at my height I dont think i have the frame to pack on to much muscle without compromising flexibility and just looking too thick. Thanks in advance for any suggestions

dude goo and due a Bill starr 5x5. I set new pr's evry week all ive been doin it for 5 weeks now. My weight is around the same but my comp is different. My fiancee was away for school and came home last week, she hasnt seen me since i started it. All she kept saying is how huge my upper body looks and how my gut is going away. you should train to strenght. looks comes with it anyway.

listen to the guys in this forum, they know there shit, i used to due stupid waste of time routines and couldnt figure out why i wouldnt make any gains or look better. Im lifting more then i did when i was in highschool playing football. Just stfu and due low rep ranges, the 5x5 is perfect for noobs like us. just do it.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I recently did a squats and milk program that had me doing two sets of 12 on bench every other workout. At the conclusion of the program I blasted past my previous bench record. Before that I had tried 5x5s, sets of 10, 8, 6, and some other stuff. I think the eating made a difference more than the set/rep scheme.

Previous 1RM=235
Current 3RM=245

Back