High ranking CIA officer endorses Clinton ... (Huge blow to Trump)

HUNTERMANIA

Always Striving.
@Silver
Reaction score
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/0...ia-now-im-endorsing-hillary-clinton.html?_r=1

I Ran the C.I.A. Now I’m Endorsing Hillary Clinton.

During a 33-year career at the Central Intelligence Agency, I served presidents of both parties — three Republicans and three Democrats. I was at President George W. Bush’s side when we were attacked on Sept. 11; as deputy director of the agency, I was with President Obama when we killed Osama bin Laden in 2011.

I am neither a registered Democrat nor a registered Republican. In my 40 years of voting, I have pulled the lever for candidates of both parties. As a government official, I have always been silent about my preference for president.

No longer. On Nov. 8, I will vote for Hillary Clinton. Between now and then, I will do everything I can to ensure that she is elected as our 45th president.

Mr. Trump has no experience on national security. Even more important, the character traits he has exhibited during the primary season suggest he would be a poor, even dangerous, commander in chief.

These traits include his obvious need for self-aggrandizement, his overreaction to perceived slights, his tendency to make decisions based on intuition, his refusal to change his views based on new information, his routine carelessness with the facts, his unwillingness to listen to others and his lack of respect for the rule of law.

The dangers that flow from Mr. Trump’s character are not just risks that would emerge if he became president. It is already damaging our national security.

President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia was a career intelligence officer, trained to identify vulnerabilities in an individual and to exploit them. That is exactly what he did early in the primaries. Mr. Putin played upon Mr. Trump’s vulnerabilities by complimenting him. He responded just as Mr. Putin had calculated.

Mr. Putin is a great leader, Mr. Trump says, ignoring that he has killed and jailed journalists and political opponents, has invaded two of his neighbors and is driving his economy to ruin. Mr. Trump has also taken policy positions consistent with Russian, not American, interests — endorsing Russian espionage against the United States, supporting Russia’s annexation of Crimea and giving a green light to a possible Russian invasion of the Baltic States.

In the intelligence business, we would say that Mr. Putin had recruited Mr. Trump as an unwitting agent of the Russian Federation.

My training as an intelligence officer taught me to call it as I see it. This is what I did for the C.I.A. This is what I am doing now. Our nation will be much safer with Hillary Clinton as president.

Wow. High ranking intelligence officer totally destroys Trumps credibility as a potential Commander-in-Chief and sees it pretty much exactly as I do: there is no way this guy can represent us internationally.

Your first problem is you trust/assume the CIA has the best interest of the American people at heart.

Your first problem is you trust/assume the CIA has the best interest of the American people at heart.

I'm not assuming that. I'm merely observing that this guy is saying the exact same shit that should be obvious to everyone watching this or that knows anything about Donald Trump.

By observing Trump these last few months, how can any reasonable and rational person conclude otherwise?

CIA did an outstanding job in the middle east and north africa, why change a winning system right?

"his routine carelessness with the facts, his unwillingness to listen to others and his lack of respect for the rule of law."

coming from the CIA, u can't make this up. murica has been a petrodollar muppet for decades now.

I'm not assuming that. I'm merely observing that this guy is saying the exact same shit that should be obvious to everyone watching this or that knows anything about Donald Trump.
the guy is trying to come off as some topnotch intelligence officer....so whats his honest intelligence report on Hilary and all the shady things she has been involved with? well hes endorsing her so I guess he thinks she is either squeaky clean or is over looking that...either way....its totally just more biased crap....

neither of these clowns ((Clinton or Trump)) should be voted for....people like the CIA and upper echelons of the pyramid are loving this up because the controversy that this puppet show has stirred up has everyone spellbound....

While I agree this should matter and does matter, I also think it’s not as big a blow as you make it out to be. Simply put, another person who is deeply entrenched in the nebulous establishment saying “I support Hillary Clinton” isn’t going to do much to break the stratified lines that are forming. You add more politicians, billionaires, and government figures saying they support Hillary, and all you do for the people who feel fed up with “the system” is feed into Trump’s – likely delusional – narrative of it all being a rigged conspiracy. He’s an outsider rocking the boat – of course the crew is going to support one of their own! The system is stacked, it’s rigged – haven’t you heard?

The only things that could tear those interested in Trump’s position away from him are either A) he is truly and unquestionably revealed to be a fraud, B) another “anti-establishment” candidate were presented that would draw people away from him. As it stands, more “establishment” types denouncing him really isn’t going to phase the people who are picking up what he's putting down.

Also, just to be clear, I don't support Trump. I don't want to see him leading the country. I do find his popularity very telling though, so I'm paying a lot of attention to what makes his campaign run... It's a good barometer of a large portion of the population's general mood. If Trump loses and Hillary doesn't really deliver in a clean, decisive way - and let's face it, that's not who Hillary is - Trump with not be the end of this type of populist anti-establishment sentiment. It'll only get worse. Best to start paying some attention to the unruly natives rather than simply dismissing them as ignorant righties..

Last edited:
Putin played Trump like a fiddle. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together could see that.

Putin played Trump like a fiddle. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together could see that.
What? Putin respects and fear Trump. If Trump is around he wouldnt even think of going to Ukraine. No chance

What? Putin respects and fear Trump. If Trump is around he wouldnt even think of going to Ukraine. No chance

Trump literally didn't know that Russia had already invaded Ukraine.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/31/politics/donald-trump-russia-ukraine-crimea-putin/

"He's not going into Ukraine, OK, just so you understand. He's not going to go into Ukraine, all right? You can mark it down. You can put it down. You can take it anywhere you want," Trump said in an interview on Sunday with ABC's George Stephanopoulos on "This Week."

"Well, he's already there, isn't he?" Stephanopoulos responded, in a reference to Crimea, which Putin took from Ukraine in early 2014.

They've been hunting and killing terrorists since before this forum existed you goof .
I can't believe you're stupid enough to think: hunting terrorists = best interest of the American people

His campaign manager advised the Ukrainian president for years even as the U.S. opposed him for being a Russian puppet. Trump also recently said the people of Crimea prefer to be in Russian control.

I can't believe you're stupid enough to think: hunting terrorists = best interest of the American people
That's gonna be the dumbest thing I've seen anyone post today and it's only 9:30 in the morning.
Don't even bother replying.

gW2jd4o.jpg
<41>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back