High Protein Diet and Gout

dragon50

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a bad finger from years of bowling. It normally does not hurt, if I don't bowl. When I eat a lot of meat, it hurts and does not want to bend.

This must be either from leaching calcium or too much protein.
Which one is true?

I know that I have a predisposition to gout as there is too much uric acid in my blood.

I want to be able to stay on my current diet and not be in pain.

Any suggestions?

I have tried Glucosamine with MSM - did not help.

Thanks

Your body is to acidic. YOu need to be more akaline. Your body is out of balance. Cut out meat/grains for a while and eat tons of fruit and vegetables. Get a juicer and juice vegetables as well. Just for a couple of days then introduce meat back in, but really small portions, but still eating and jucing vegetables. What blood type are you?

How long did you "try" Glucosamine and MSM? It's a long-term use supplement and usually the full effects don't get felt until a year or more of use at the recommended dosage if the problem is that serious. It's not supposed to alleviate the pain immediately. You could also probably do with more oils in your diet. The EFA's should keep the joints pretty well lubricated, and I've also heard good things about shark cartilege. Another anti-inflammatory is bromelain, you can either get it in supplement form or just eat a shitload of pineapples.

Thanks for the responsed.

I don't know my blood type but will find out. I only tried the Glucosamine with MSM for a few weeks. I might try the other supplements that were recommended. I already have oil in my diet. At least 5 tablespoons (up to 10) of Olive Oil Per day.

I will save the juicer for last. I am aftraid that the sugars for fruit juices will make me fat.

I would resume the Glucosamine and MSM as well. There's not really a reason not to.

the Glucosamine and MSM worked great for me and my knee. I was on it for about 2 months before I started to feel better. Patiantce is the name of the game here.

nitrotech caused my gout to act up. my Dr. prescribed a medicine that made you crap out the gout. it went completely away in about 2 days. consult your doctor.

PUKAteet said:
consult your doctor.

Second.

This isn't really a nutrition question, bro.

Doesn't Alcohol causes gout too, my grandfather has it.

Bump^

Looking for opinions on Gout? I seem to be getting more Gout questions than ever these past few weeks.

Is Gout part of what Mark Sisson would refer to as conventional wisdom? Do you guys actually limit your red meat intake in fear of developing Gout?

Bump^

Looking for opinions on Gout? I seem to be getting more Gout questions than ever these past few weeks.

Is Gout part of what Mark Sisson would refer to as conventional wisdom? Do you guys actually limit your red meat intake in fear of developing Gout?

Gout is metabolic disorder than has more to do with carb intake, mainly fructose, than protein intake; Dr Davis touches on it a little here:

The Heart Scan Blog: Yet another reason to avoid fructose

A low carbohydrate diet is much, much more effective for lowering blood urate levels than a low purine diet.

what mike said.

i was diagnosed with gout, but somehow it occurred when I was eating tons and tons of junk food and was really stressed out. I cleaned up my diet (eating red meat probably once a day at least) and magically no more gout.

paleo style diet is much more effective than what the drs suggest. Also, BAKING SODA! half a teaspoon of baking soda in water before bed, and another upon waking, and within a couple of days you should be fine. You could even do it more often until the pain goes away.

most painful thing I have ever felt in my life. if its really bad, take the baking soda with an nsaid. they work together and it will help a lot.

Black Cherry juice gets rid of gout quick, fast, and in a hurry. It breaks up the uric acid crystals.

Does the baking soda trick work on intercostal strains?

Black Cherry juice gets rid of gout quick, fast, and in a hurry. It breaks up the uric acid crystals.

black cherry juice did absolutely nothing for me, and neither did celery seed, devil's claw, or any of the other things i tried - except baking soda.

black cherry juice did absolutely nothing for me, and neither did celery seed, devil's claw, or any of the other things i tried - except baking soda.

You're a rare case, then (or a particularly bad one). I know guys who buy the pure concentrate by the dozen because of it's effectiveness. Of course they could just avoid foods that give them gout, but who wants to do that? But no one would drink that shit alone on purpose.

You're a rare case, then (or a particularly bad one). I know guys who buy the pure concentrate by the dozen because of it's effectiveness. Of course they could just avoid foods that give them gout, but who wants to do that? But no one would drink that shit alone on purpose.

haha i definitely agree with you on that. its pretty nasty. yeah i tried so many damn things it was unbelievable. worst pain I have had in my life.

but yeah, baking soda is like a miracle cure.

Your body is to acidic. YOu need to be more akaline. Your body is out of balance. Cut out meat/grains for a while and eat tons of fruit and vegetables. Get a juicer and juice vegetables as well. Just for a couple of days then introduce meat back in, but really small portions, but still eating and jucing vegetables. What blood type are you?

Yep- Too acidic. Eat losts of greens- Uncooked spinach is great for this. If you can stomach it, try wheatgrass juice. VERY EFFECTIVE !!! AWSOME NUTRIENTS, WIL ALKALIZE THE SHIT OUT OF YOU. The downside is that it tastes like ass that just puked.

Also take a fish oil sup.

Back