High level BJJ guys in the UFC no lift weights, no eat tren

Some of the top BJJ guys like Galvao and Gordon Ryan are jacked and juiced to the tits. In the UFC you have Rodolfo Vieira as well (who gassed hard as fuck):

rodolfo-vieira-bjj.jpg

Prime Jacare was pretty jacked as well:

ufn_foxwoods_weighin_029.jpg

BJJ champ Rafael Lovato Jr:

rafael-lovato-legacy-fc-54.jpg

And Werdum got popped for PEDs several times.

And yes, you can have cardio (Usman) and flexibility while being pretty jacked, guys like Vieira just didn't train properly or had an adrenaline dump, and/or he was off his usual vitamins.

Last edited:
There are exceptions to every rule..

ldTdXPQ.gif

Not an exception. People lose flexibility by lifting and putting on a ton of muscle while not also staying disciplined with their stretching. Almost no one seriously stretches other than people who do yoga. It's not fun, it hurts, it doesn't get you jacked, so people don't do it. That's why you see big guys who are tight and can't touch their toes. It's the same with a bunch of lanky runners who don't stretch either though, their hamstrings get tight over time and causes them all kinds of issues.

Olympic lifters and crossfitters tend to take stretching more seriously, so it's not at all unusual to see huge guys like Klokov with that kind of mobility. I did a cycle of testosterone and put on a ton of muscle a while back but kept stretching and it had no impact whatsoever on my flexibility. I'm a Jiu-Jitsu guy and I stretch a lot when I'm warm though. There is nothing at all about being heavily muscled that prevents a person from being flexible.

I love how you include Ortega, dude didn't eat tren, he eats drostanolone, the drug he tested positive for lol.
This isn't bodybuilding, you don't have to have huge muscles to be on PEDs

Arona is still jacked, he was on gear but also has great muscle bellies which makes him look bigger than he actually is.

Demian_Maia.jpg

charlies-oliveira-ufc-sao-paulo-1.jpg

20141212072729_IMG_2620.JPG

20170728111518_05_Ortega.JPG

In Pride they had Ricardo Arona all jacked up on God knows what.

View attachment 855192

Obviously it’s working for them to spend more time on the mat than in the weight room.

But it’s interesting to note that the more physical muscular guys are wrestlers and strikers.

BJJ guys have the more slender physique and don’t seem like they lift weights.

Toquino, Jacare, Gabby Garcia, Gordon Ryan, all are MASSIVE

Demian_Maia.jpg

charlies-oliveira-ufc-sao-paulo-1.jpg

20141212072729_IMG_2620.JPG

20170728111518_05_Ortega.JPG

In Pride they had Ricardo Arona all jacked up on God knows what.

View attachment 855192

Obviously it’s working for them to spend more time on the mat than in the weight room.

But it’s interesting to note that the more physical muscular guys are wrestlers and strikers.

BJJ guys have the more slender physique and don’t seem like they lift weights.

Strikers are usually thin too. Izzy, Silva, Barboza, Holloway, Masvidal, Holland, etc. Ngannou and Overeem are the odd ones out.

Rodolfo

Jacare (in his prime)

Galvao (in his short mma career)

gordan ryan (in One crushing cans and juicing up)

Burns

This is a dumb thread. Gordon Ryan, Leandro Lo, Cyborg Santos, Buchecha, Rodolfo Viera.....and those are just the common bjj names that everyone knows. Those dudes are jacked and have ruled the bjj scene for a while.

Enzol
This is a dumb thread. Gordon Ryan, Leandro Lo, Cyborg Santos, Buchecha, Rodolfo Viera.....and those are just the common bjj names that everyone knows. Those dudes are jacked and have ruled the bjj scene for a while.
Hear hear
The skinny pencil necked BJJ nerd with thin arms and no abs has departed two decades ago. Some BJJ nerds are living in a bubble of wishful thinking.

Back