High Density Training

R

Respekt

I read over a couple of the stickies and saw that High Density Training is the best method for losing fat while also retaining muscle.

I think I understand it but I'll say it here so that if I'm wrong someone can hoepfully correct me.

High Density Training (HDT):

Day 1: do normal sets and reps with usual rest time in between sets

Day 2: do normal sets and reps but decrease rest time in between sets

Day 3, 4, 5 etc: same thing as day 2

Is this correct or am i supposed to decrease rest time after each set? Also, do I start off with my maximum load or build up to my maximum?

Also is it possible to do HDT with strictly body weight exercises (pull-ups, push-ups, squats) with weights involved (such as weight vest or a heavy backpack)

If possible, could anyone be kind enough to list a weekly workout regime with reps/sets/rest time (weights and bodyweight). Would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
It is physiologically impossible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time unless you are a noob gainer, re-training after having trained then take a break so muscle memory kicks in or you have very superior genetics.

Instead of training for weeks on end and getting no significant results, focus on one goal i.e cutting fat, gaining muscle and work from there.

It is physiologically impossible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time unless you are a noob gainer, re-training after having trained then take a break so muscle memory kicks in or you have very superior genetics.

Instead of training for weeks on end and getting no significant results, focus on one goal i.e cutting fat, gaining muscle and work from there.

Sorry i meant retain muscle while losing fat. Is that possible?

Thanks for the advice

It is possible to retain a majority of your muscle, although with any diet you are always going to suffer a little bit. Up your protein intake to 1-1.5 grams per lb of lean body weight, lift heavy weights three times a week, feed your muscles straight after working out, don't make too big of a calorie deficit.

Losing fat is going to be a function mainly of diet, with heavy resistance training, rest & adequate protein intake to retain muscle strength. Switching to 5 days/week of lifting without fixing your diet is a sure recipe for failure.

Back