Hide wants Haye next......thoughts?

JMyersDTN

Sherdog Writer: Joseph Myers
Reaction score
I think Hide-Haye could be a pretty good fight. Any thoughts? This was on FightNews.com.....

Hide: I'll beat up Haye!
While unifified WBC/WBA/WBO cruiserweight championDavid Haye (21-1, 20 KOs) plans to move to heavyweight, there is still a potential for one more highly interesting bout at cruiserweight for the British superstar against countryman Herbie Hide (42-4, 41 KOs). Hide, a two-time WBO world champion at heavyweight before moving to cruiserweight, has devastating power in both hands, which he demonstrated last night in a merciless two-round annihilation of R

I don't think it makes any sense for Haye to stay at Cruiserweight to fight Herbie Hide. Not going to happen.

Sounds like Hide wants or needs it more than Haye does. Would you agree?

Sounds like Hide wants or needs it more than Haye does. Would you agree?

For sure, Haye is the flavour of the moment. It offers Hide a chance to regrain some interest & spotlight. For Haye it would be pointless, he's going to start his Heavyweight bid now.

Hide's brains would be leaking out of his skull, his face would get mashed into a pile of hamburger meat.

Big punchers, questionable chins - Great Matchmaking.

One more stop at cruiser B-4 making the jump into Sumo-Boxing.....I say do it !

What Haye is today, Hide was a decade ago.

Would be an absolute great fight to speculate about, but no way in hell Haye fights Hide. Way too dangerous of an opponent. People were building Enzo up as a real threat, when in fact he was overhyped, not the case with Hide, I actually think Hide has a good shot to derail Haye and since I enjoy watching the Hayemaker fight, I hope he doesn't take this fight. Let Hide fight the Ding-a-ling man for fun.

Would be an absolute great fight to speculate about, but no way in hell Haye fights Hide. Way too dangerous of an opponent. People were building Enzo up as a real threat, when in fact he was overhyped, not the case with Hide, I actually think Hide has a good shot to derail Haye and since I enjoy watching the Hayemaker fight, I hope he doesn't take this fight. Let Hide fight the Ding-a-ling man for fun.

Big punchers, questionable chins - Great Matchmaking.

One more stop at cruiser B-4 making the jump into Sumo-Boxing.....I say do it !

What Haye is today, Hide was a decade ago.

Good post, that'll do.

I don't quite equate Hide with Haye, give or take ten years. While many assume Hide might have been a formidable cruiser, the fact is he wasn't.

As a heavyweight he wasn't bad. Had very quick hands and some decent power. It allowed him to rack up a fancy record, over vastly inferior opposition. I remember watching his victory over Tony Tucker, live...and wincing when I saw Tony making his way to the ring. His effort, was a non-effort, but the ending was sweet. Tucker got creamed.

Anyway, Hide somehow managed to become a two time champion, during an era when the WBO belt was held with utter contempt. Bowe tried to legitimise it and failed . Hide never got the chance, as he was dusted up with absolute ease, the two times his competition stretched beyond has-been or domestic champ level.

Now, Haye might very well fall into the same level, upon his move to heavyweight. We can't be sure what will happen to him. What is sure though, is that his win over Jean-Marc Mormeck trumps anything Hide ever accomplished in his career. In that one fight, he showed his ability to cut it at the very top and cast away alot of the doubts hanging over his head following the Thompson debacle.

Time will tell in the end, however, rendering all this irrelevant.

Good point.
All right everybody. Let's wrap up all discussion on match ups that haven't happened.

uh, i really don't think hide wants any part of Haye.

But i can't say i wouldn't watch it

I don't quite equate Hide with Haye, give or take ten years. While many assume Hide might have been a formidable cruiser, the fact is he wasn't.

As a heavyweight he wasn't bad. Had very quick hands and some decent power. It allowed him to rack up a fancy record, over vastly inferior opposition. I remember watching his victory over Tony Tucker, live...and wincing when I saw Tony making his way to the ring. His effort, was a non-effort, but the ending was sweet. Tucker got creamed.

Anyway, Hide somehow managed to become a two time champion, during an era when the WBO belt was held with utter contempt. Bowe tried to legitimise it and failed . Hide never got the chance, as he was dusted up with absolute ease, the two times his competition stretched beyond has-been or domestic champ level.

Now, Haye might very well fall into the same level, upon his move to heavyweight. We can't be sure what will happen to him. What is sure though, is that his win over Jean-Marc Mormeck trumps anything Hide ever accomplished in his career. In that one fight, he showed his ability to cut it at the very top and cast away alot of the doubts hanging over his head following the Thompson debacle.

*has a flashback to the days of regular Tam literary and comprehensive posts on stuff most Boxing fans should know, but don't*

Not a great match up for me. Hide was on the cusp of greatness over a decade ago...and then he met Bowe and it's been a downhill battle from there. I will say he's still a very good fighter but not close to Haye's level. If there's anyone from the cruiserweight division that I'd like to see Haye fight, I'd rather it be Bell. I know Bell lost to Mormeck who Haye just beat not long ago but Bell lost via decision and Bell had beaten Mormeck before that. If anyone, I'd rather it be Bell vs. Haye than anyone else.

I doubt Haye would be interested enough in the fight to make the cut to CW. He only did it one more time coz he wanted the fight with Mac as it gains him exposurea nd

Seems every Cruiser is challenging Haye, on Sky Sports web site it says Cunningham has and even Johnny Nelson said he'd consider coming abck to fight him.

Back