"Hi i am looking for a game called battletoads"

Yeah didn't think Zelda was that hard just time consuming. We never finished castlevania though. The most irritating as a kid for me had to be Ninja Gaiden. I owned that pos for like 6 years and I NEVER got past stage 3 as a kid.

Yeah didn't think Zelda was that hard just time consuming. We never finished castlevania though. The most irritating as a kid for me had to be Ninja Gaiden. I owned that pos for like 6 years and I NEVER got past stage 3 as a kid.

Really? But it had infinite continues?

I can understand not passing the final boss rush because deaths throw you back to the start of the final stage(Which is long and super hard), but the game was not too bad until that last level to fight to your father/Jaquio/Demon.

Castlevania 1 are you talking about? Definitely a bitch. The holy water freeze definitely helps. Especially against the reaper. I honestly am undecided on if Castlevania 1 or 3 were Harder. Dracula's multiple forms in 3 were assrape because a death sent you back to the start of a brutal level.

Really? But it had infinite continues?

I can understand not passing the final boss rush because deaths throw you back to the start of the final stage(Which is long and super hard), but the game was not too bad until that last level to fight to your father/Jaquio/Demon.

Castlevania 1 are you talking about? Definitely a bitch. The holy water freeze definitely helps. Especially against the reaper. I honestly am undecided on if Castlevania 1 or 3 were Harder. Dracula's multiple forms in 3 were assrape because a death sent you back to the start of a brutal level.

Yeah it's weird I was good at games as a kid, but I could not figure out those ninja gaiden bosses at that age for whatever reason. No joke I probably died to that level 3 boss hundreds of times. That game haunted me as a kid lol.

I think it was castlevania 2. It was my cousins so I could only play it somewhat rarely. Shit was just hard. Probably could have got through it eventually though if I owned it and could practice.

A lot of people. It just took YEARS of exploration and trial and error, as well as word of mouth at school. I beat Legend of Zelda quest 1 and 2 with no guide(it just took YEARS). I beat Castlevania 2 with no guide.

It was amazing how many people actually drew out their own maps back in the day. The network of information back then was almost all word of mouth. Some days, you would play with the intention of burning every single bush on the screens. Some days you would bomb every wall in the game.

Castlevania 2 was actually easy as heck and only took months, as opposed to the years of Zelda. The only problem most people had was the Cliff/Red Crystal was so vague.

And it was not really a problem because you could literally skip figuring that part out by performing the very hard jump or die in Camilla cemetery that EVERYONE tried. It took you to the same part the warp did and a perfect jump could make it. That's how I did it.

The Red Crystal thingy itself was not that hard to figure out. My friend did. Kneeling with the Blue Crystal in the appointed Lake place was something that you were told to do. The townsfolk tells you to "hit Deborah cliff with your head to make a hole". The book tells you ""Wait for a soul with a red crystal on Deborah Cliff."
Eventually, he would try kneeling like we did at the lake.

Having the heart equipped to get somewhere else on the Ferry was something that happened accidentally to most people. At some point, you would equip every different item in the game trying to figure out what it did. Some were obvious like the Bone and eye. Others you just kept on to figure out.

I don't think I would have ever figured out the little maze on Zelda had it not been for NP. And I know I would have NEVER figured out to drop a bomb at a specific location to unlock Gannon's dungeon.
Skip to 1:18:46.

I never would have thought to kneel with a blue orb selected on Castlevania 2, either.

Keep in mind I was a kid when these games came out, so they were probably above my comprehension level to figure out abstract clues. But dammit, they sure do bring back memories.

Also on topic fuck that hoverbike level for reals. Battletoads was another one my cousin had so I only played it occasionally, but man that stage was so ridiculous.

Reminds me of the snowboarding level for Cliffhanger. I remember one summer I spent the entire day trying to beat that level, ended up snapping the disc in half in a rage lol.

Keep in mind I was a kid when these games came out, so they were probably above my comprehension level to figure out abstract clues. But dammit, they sure do bring back memories.

A lot of those "abstract clues" were the product of shitty translations. Too bad they didn't consider the translations very important until the end of the 16-bit era.

20e75abf30a0e7927d8c270b2a004726.gif

Man I miss YTMND's glory days.
http://lostwoods.ytmnd.com/

Also on topic fuck that hoverbike level for reals. Battletoads was another one my cousin had so I only played it occasionally, but man that stage was so ridiculous.

Reminds me of the snowboarding level for Cliffhanger. I remember one summer I spent the entire day trying to beat that level, ended up snapping the disc in half in a rage lol.

It is still funny that it is one of the easiest stages in the game lol. it was like the entranceway into hell

I don't think I would have ever figured out the little maze on Zelda had it not been for NP. And I know I would have NEVER figured out to drop a bomb at a specific location to unlock Gannon's dungeon.
Skip to 1:18:46.

I never would have thought to kneel with a blue orb selected on Castlevania 2, either.

Yeah, I was a kid too. I just had a knack for games early. Especially RPG's and side scrollers.

Problem was, video games back then were considered a loser thing to do. It was called the NoFriendo and Super Nofriendo haha.

Fast forward from the late 80's early 90's to the turn of the millennium around 1998 when I graduated high school, and suddenly anyone who does not have a Playstation or N64 gaming system is kinda strange. EVERYONE was into gaming by then.

If they do make a new Battletoads..They better not fuck up the difficulty...Make it hard as shit like it's supposed to be.

If they do make a new Battletoads..They better not fuck up the difficulty...Make it hard as shit like it's supposed to be.

Let's get some modes so people can work up to that level of difficulty.

Cool, I can't wait for Battletoads: Nuts & Bolts

I have this game on Snes. It's too hard. Mystical ninjas is a good classic.

This prank call was funny, because it's Rick from Pawn Stars getting mad af about Battletoads. I don't think the prank caller is very funny, though. Quite ironic how Rick calls him fat and ugly.

That game wasn't too challenging as far as NES games go, but that kneeling crap was ridiculous. How anyone could have interpreted that is beyond me. I remember completing everything to that point but had to use a Nintendo Power mag to figure that out.

That reminds me of Star Tropics. That game had some challenging parts, but I recall a couple things in the story correlating directly to the game manual. So if you didn't have that or it was damaged, you were hosed.

That game wasn't too challenging as far as NES games go, but that kneeling crap was ridiculous. How anyone could have interpreted that is beyond me. I remember completing everything to that point but had to use a Nintendo Power mag to figure that out.

That reminds me of Star Tropics. That game had some challenging parts, but I recall a couple things in the story correlating directly to the game manual. So if you didn't have that or it was damaged, you were hosed.

Exactly. That's what I meant. In terms of gameplay, C2 wasn't really that hard. But I would have never gotten past the kneeling part if someone hadn't told me how to get past it and showed me in Nintendo Power.

Also, I rented Star Tropics and loved it. But the hole in the wall place I rented it from of course did not have the manual. So I got hosed. I couldn't get past that code part. I was pissed. About five or so years ago, I read that the code was something easy like 001 and got even more pissed off. I sat there for a good hour trying random codes. A great game ruined by a stupid idea.

Exactly. That's what I meant. In terms of gameplay, C2 wasn't really that hard. But I would have never gotten past the kneeling part if someone hadn't told me how to get past it and showed me in Nintendo Power.

Also, I rented Star Tropics and loved it. But the hole in the wall place I rented it from of course did not have the manual. So I got hosed. I couldn't get past that code part. I was pissed. About five or so years ago, I read that the code was something easy like 001 and got even more pissed off. I sat there for a good hour trying random codes. A great game ruined by a stupid idea.

I just had to Google it. I thought it was 454 but it was 747. I luckily bought the game and figured it out, but those that rented it would be screwed. It was a decent game and probably one of the few that I actually replay once in a blue moon.

I remember it being a fun game until that part. Really made me angry.

As for NES games I still play, Tecmo Super Bowl and Baseball Stars. Going back on topic, I should give Battletoads a chance now that I have an emulator and it's extremely easy to revert to a saved spot.

Most people a the time got it with no help.

"Pray by the lake with a blue Crystal" was not rocket science. Most people equate that when you pray, you kneel

Most people a the time got it with no help.

"Pray by the lake with a blue Crystal" was not rocket science. Most people equate that when you pray, you kneel

What are you basing that off? I was 5 or 6 when I bought the game and I didn't think it was that obvious then. I remember even after I figured it out it'd still bug out and not always work since NES games are like that.

Back