"Hi i am looking for a game called battletoads"

SolidIce

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Microsoft bringing back battletoads?

https://games.yahoo.com/news/xbox-boss-teases-battletoads-214900595.html

Top Xbox boss Phil Spencer took to the stage today during Microsoft's Windows 10 event wearing a Battletoads t-shirt. He never mentioned the Battletoads series during his section of the presentation today, so we caught up with him following the event to ask if him wearing the shirt meant anything.

Asked if the Battletoads t-shirt was a tease for a new entry in the long-dormant series, Spencer replied: "I don't think I've ever worn a t-shirt that's been a complete head-fake. I wouldn't do that."

While it's not a confirmation that Microsoft is indeed working on a new Battletoads game, it does add to the growing speculation that indeed the company is.

In November 2014, Microsoft renewed its trademark for Battletoads, though at the time, the company wouldn't say anything about the future of the series...

Should we start calling gamestop again for this epic game?

[Yt]cvEThh1RMlQ[/MEDIA]

Edit: meant to post in Vg forum

Yay! They're bringing back one of my favorite games of my childhood!!!...

...to butcher it.

Only one ive ever played was battletoads and double dragons. I loved that game though.

Lol, probably.

Battletoads was great. The other ones were WAY too easy though.

Only played the 1st one, and it was a fine example of the extreme difficulty of some console games of that generation.

One of my favorite games of all time. I hope if they do reboot it they keep it simple, have it resemble the original as much as possible.. and make it hard as fuck.

I still have never beaten it without cheating. I could fucking never get passed one part of a hoverbike stage.

Battletoads is literally the hardest game I've ever played. It's not fair hard either. Bad programming, cheap deaths, having to remember patterns and do them without error, etc.

As I kid I loved it but could never make it past the speeder level. It wasn't until last year that I decided to play and beat it (albeit with save states) and was shocked to find that the speeder level was tame compared to what lied ahead.

I'm sure there's some psycho out there that can play it from start to end without dying but for everyone else in the world, I doubt anyone sees past the speeder level. Why as a game developer would you want to make your game so difficult that most people don't even get to see most of the levels? Hard is one thing, impossible is another.

Mega Man 1 is hard. Battletoads is a fisting.

Battletoads is literally the hardest game I've ever played. It's not fair hard either. Bad programming, cheap deaths, having to remember patterns and do them without error, etc.

As I kid I loved it but could never make it past the speeder level. It wasn't until last year that I decided to play and beat it (albeit with save states) and was shocked to find that the speeder level was tame compared to what lied ahead.

I'm sure there's some psycho out there that can play it from start to end without dying but for everyone else in the world, I doubt anyone sees past the speeder level. Why as a game developer would you want to make your game so difficult that most people don't even get to see most of the levels? Hard is one thing, impossible is another.

I downloaded mega man 1 a while back on psn. Damn, I cannot believe I beat that game when i was young. Ridiculously difficult.

I almost had an anxiety attack trying to remember how I did it...

Completely agree, I can make to like level six or so but the fact that there's a game over means I'll probably never beat it. I've come to accept that.

The difficulty level of the NES Battletoads went full retard. Not to mention that Co-op is actually broken.

I'll probably be in the minority but I think the game was poorly designed. I think most games back then were poorly designed, in fact. I remember saying stuff like that when I was like 8-9 years old in the 80s.

So many games from back then were ridiculously hard. When I was a kid in those days, I barely finished any games. I would just go outside instead. It was probably for the best, now that I think about it.

It's odd, because it wasn't just that the games were hard, because these days (in my 30s) I play games like Dark Souls, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Super Meat Boy, Volgarr, Dead Rising, etc. that are considered very difficult with little to no problems, but back then I felt like it wasn't me, that it was poor design or a lack of precision in the controller.

Battletoads
Ninja Gaiden
Cobra Triangle
The Immortal
TMNT
Castlevania

^^^I had all of these games, and never came close to finishing them. I would play for 20 minutes or so, die a bunch of times, and then go "what the hell am I doing this for?" and do something else. lol

Battletoads was definitely not anywhere close to a favorite from my childhood.

Last edited:

Glad I am not the only one.

The difficulty level of the NES Battletoads went full retard. Not to mention that Co-op is actually broken.

I'll probably be in the minority but I think the game was poorly designed. I think most games back then were poorly designed, in fact. I remember saying stuff like that when I was like 8-9 years old in the 80s.

So many games from back then were ridiculously hard. When I was a kid in those days, I barely finished any games. I would just go outside instead. It was probably for the best, now that I think about it.

It's odd, because it wasn't just that the games were hard, because these days (in my 30s) I play games like Dark Souls, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Super Meat Boy, Volgarr, Dead Rising, etc. that are considered very difficult with little to no problems, but back then I felt like it wasn't me, that it was poor design or a lack of precision in the controller.

Battletoads
Ninja Gaiden
Cobra Triangle
The Immortal
TMNT
Castlevania

^^^I had all of these games, and never came close to finishing them. I would play for 20 minutes or so, die a bunch of times, and then go "what the hell am I doing this for?" and do something else. lol

Battletoads was definitely not anywhere close to a favorite from my childhood.

Yeah, a lot of NES games were plagued by bad programming which made them challenging. To be fair though, it was new ground back then and developers were still learning.

Ninja Gaiden 1 is also brutally hard and while the controls are tight, it still has the programming issue of respawning enemies which makes it harder than it needs to be. Ninja Gaiden 2 and 3 removed the respawning and those are just really hard games for the right reason. Castlevania 1 and 3 are others which are hard but not unfair.

Battletoads had good graphics and was memorable with all of the shapes they could morph into but the game was a programming mess.

One of my favorite games of all time. I hope if they do reboot it they keep it simple, have it resemble the original as much as possible.. and make it hard as fuck.

I still have never beaten it without cheating. I could fucking never get passed one part of a hoverbike stage.

Fuck the hoverbike....

Well said. Loved the art design, the music, the character models, but I'll be goddamned if I didn't probably destroy my controller trying to get past the speeder level.

Fuck. That. Level.

I really don't even have that much trouble with the speeder level. I think the next stages are far more annoying.

Only played the 1st one, and it was a fine example of the extreme difficulty of some console games of that generation.

lol limited # of lives, no continues when you died you had to start all the way from scratch if you died 3x. Reminds me of Eternal Champions where you only had one chance to beat the boss. If you didnt you had to start all the way over again

Back