Hi Guys

so anyway. been in nyc for like 6 days.

i can say that in my own honest opinion it is one of the most overrated major cities in the world.

i spent alot of time uptown near central park and strolling through 5th and 6th avenue and all the nice areas. i spent alot of time down in gramercy park where i am actually staying aswell. this city is just a whole lot of overratedness. possibly the conor mcgregor of american states.

anywho. still got like 3 more days. leaving on the 18th, flying back through san fran and continuing to lax and then home. it doesnt matter where i am in the world, i always start to look forward at the end of my holidays to going home. so that is kicking in right now. just wanting to go home.

things done in nyc
- gugggenheim (tried to mimick will smith in men in black and run up the spiral chasing an alien. but there was no alien and it was too crowded to run up so i didnt reinact that scene.)
- chelsea highline
- world trade center memorial
- central park
- levain bakery (this is probably the best thing in nyc imho, the cookies are beast)
- high tea at the plaza tomorrow
- seeing the play hamilton tomorrow
- statue of liberty + strolling down nyc stock exchange and wall street.
- shopping. (actually i still want to go get myself the omega seamaster so that may be a nice gift to get myself in nyc)

i included what im doing tommorrow because those are pretty cool things to do.

anyway. yeah. nyc doesnt do it for me.

Call me if you want to party...

EDIT: Lots of great places to eat in NYC, did you enjoy the meals?

ive always imagined sherbros brothers in arms armed with m60s standing on a glorious hill shooting down alien warships with explosions & fireworks in the background, standing stoically in the twilight one last time

cuz earf

2000px-Earth_Flag.svg.png

don't you sully the american flag like that

Call me if you want to party...

EDIT: Lots of great places to eat in NYC, did you enjoy the meals?

eaten at some good places.

gramercy tavern which has a michelin star. that was a great feast. had the 6 course degustastation.

another good thai place. forgot the name, and fancy that forgot the location but this was a reccomendation from a friend and it was tops. really really surprisingly cheap but just great thai food. just searched it in google. somtum der. was tops.

had two really really shit indian meals. like really shit. like so bad. one was a recommendation from a friend. i am considering cutting ties with this girl after that recommendation...

had a really good tapas meal at casa mona which is just near where i am staying here.

ate at a place called smile which was really good to.

had lunch at the mandarin oriental which was nice more so for the service and the view of the city the food was mediocre. but it wasnt overly expensive either so it was good.

as i said got high tea tomorrow at the plaza which is meant to be beast. really excited for that.

the food has been really good. dont get me wrong about that. had a nice lunch at a boutique hotel around howard street and that was really good aswell. but it was a small meal as i was going to gramercy tavern that night. food has been good even just random places getting a slice of pizza or a snack for lunch, even the carts around the park and the museum were good.. city has just been meh to me.

saw these guys tonight at the blue note jazz club

they were really good. probs the highlight of nyc after the levian bakery.

NYC isn't overrated. You're doing it wrong. Buy drugs in an alley, hit some peep shows in Time Square, and get a shitty tattoo. Christ, live a little. Also, take the subway at night. That's living.

Pretty sure people in SF don't wear those clothes. It's not the Jersey Shore. You may see them in NYC though, not Manhattan though.

But why would you go to SF and NYC for your visit to the US? You want to have great fun, LA,Vegas,Miami are the cities to be in.

Is it comforting to know that you aren't surrounded by insects/fish/snakes with venom strong enough to kill half the earth's population with one bite, or is that something Aussies adjust to and don't concern themselves with?
Also, I've met a lot of NY"ers, and am not surprised with your being let down. Can't say I have any urge to visit there.

That's the motto of any shit city. NYC can be interchangeable for any other shit city in the world.

Nah, you are just lame and don't know how to have fun. And didn't research enough before you went there. It's your fault, not New York's.

eaten at some good places.

gramercy tavern which has a michelin star. that was a great feast. had the 6 course degustastation.

another good thai place. forgot the name, and fancy that forgot the location but this was a reccomendation from a friend and it was tops. really really surprisingly cheap but just great thai food. just searched it in google. somtum der. was tops.

had two really really shit indian meals. like really shit. like so bad. one was a recommendation from a friend. i am considering cutting ties with this girl after that recommendation...

had a really good tapas meal at casa mona which is just near where i am staying here.

ate at a place called smile which was really good to.

had lunch at the mandarin oriental which was nice more so for the service and the view of the city the food was mediocre. but it wasnt overly expensive either so it was good.

as i said got high tea tomorrow at the plaza which is meant to be beast. really excited for that.

the food has been really good. dont get me wrong about that. had a nice lunch at a boutique hotel around howard street and that was really good aswell. but it was a small meal as i was going to gramercy tavern that night. food has been good even just random places getting a slice of pizza or a snack for lunch, even the carts around the park and the museum were good.. city has just been meh to me.

Eating good/great meals on vacation is enough of a win for me. Listening to Jazz at the Blue Note is just a cherry on top. Maybe check out Village Vanguard or Small's?

Nah, you are just lame and don't know how to have fun. And didn't research enough before you went there. It's your fault, not New York's.

Are you from nyc? What are you getting so defensive about? I did my research and planned and done the homework for this trip. The city is just shit and didn't deliver. It's as simple as that.

Eating good/great meals on vacation is enough of a win for me. Listening to Jazz at the Blue Note is just a cherry on top. Maybe check out Village Vanguard or Small's?

Yeah my man food and the little things like that make a trip.

Wanted to go to smalls and the vanguard but the line for the 10:30 show at smalls was so I found the blue note.

I also think it's just a case of expectations not matching reality. A lot of people I was talking to before the trip just ranted and raved and boomed about nyc. Maybe I expected too much based on what I was told.

Are you from nyc? What are you getting so defensive about? I did my research and planned and done the homework for this trip. The city is just shit and didn't deliver. It's as simple as that.

Yeah bro, NYC is a shithole. There are some nice things to do and see but the people are assholes and shitty ass traffic. I still think Paris is worse, though. You should have visited Austin, TX.

I'm not fucked up over it. It's just telling about a person when they go to the cultural capitol of the world and can't have fun. I've been to New York, I had a blast. If you can't that's your fault. There's plenty to do there. Being foreign, you probably just don't get the relevance and significance of most of the things there, I guess.

Hey guys,

Im in America for the first time ever for me.

Currently in San Francisco at the moment, got 7 more days here including 2 nights at the Napa Valley. If i see any one in Ed Hardy tees or Tap Out and anything alike i will just go up to them and say hi assuming they are a sherdogger.

Then i head off to New York. Ill have the same approach to clothing, if i see anyone in any mma related clothing or affiliated brands such as Ed Hardy i will say hi assuming they are from the sherdog community.

Got any tips for things to do around SF and NYC?

anyone wearing ed hardy or tap out is guaranteed to be a great fighter.

I'm not fucked up over it. It's just telling about a person when they go to the cultural capitol of the world and can't have fun. I've been to New York, I had a blast. If you can't that's your fault. There's plenty to do there. Being foreign, you probably just don't get the relevance and significance of most of the things there, I guess.

Yeah nothing has really jumped out got my attention from nyc. I been to other cities mainly round Europe- London, Berlin, Rome, Paris, Barcelona, Lisbon ect.. And I was just dragged into the culture and the beauty of those cities all appealling in historic, cultural and aesthetic beauty. But anyway that's just my opinion and it shouldn't bother anyone else.

Last edited:
Yeah nothing has really jumped out got my attention from nyc. I been to other cities mainly round Europe- London, Berlin, Rome, Paris, Barcelona, Lisbon ect.. And I was just dragged into the culture and the beauty of those cities all appealling in historic, cultural and aesthetic beauty. But anyway that's just my opinion and it shouldn't bother anyone else.

Maybe go to places like Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Ground Zero, the NY branch of The Smithsonian Institute, Time Square. If you like sports, go to a Yankee's game. If you like stage, there are plenty of stage shows on and off Broadway. Plenty of art shows, plenty of concerts. Really, just walking around the different boroughs is interesting. If I were you, I'd get out and see some things rather than spend Saturday afternoon posting on Sherdog, mang.

Back