Hey WWE guys. I have a UFC 232 related question....

giphy.gif

Ok. He fucked WWE because he is Vince level bastard.

I knew I was forgetting about something. I’m not Meltzer and I wasn’t ‘schooling’ anybody.

Ps
Have a good NYE Frank!

man, you would think TS would have at least caught a Wrestlemania or 2 while flipping through the channels

man, you would think TS would have at least caught a Wrestlemania or 2 while flipping through the channels

What channels? I'm not American and I don't have cable TV at home.
Netflix+Kodi+whatever we download

Yes. Orton (they even changed the rules -afterwards) and Lesnar (another rule change) come to mind when rules were blatantly broken regarding drug tests. Cena has never popped and he ain’t doing tests. Undertaker has said that he ain’t pissing into a cup EVER. Those are Jones level stars. But one of those level popped for a test, Roman Reigns, the chosen one for the future of WWE. Maybe he was Conor level because the boss absolutely loved him.

BUT I don’t think they ever moved an event from a city. They once got fucked over an arena (the owner told them he’s cancelling because the local basketball team need it) and they went to a new place in the same city and really ripped the owner for doing that shit in a segment on tv. And when shit happens because injury or shit, they usually compensate the fans by UPPING the card in the same place.

So say WWE was UFC, Jones popped or injury then they would keep the place and put Undertaker and the Rock in. Or maybe saying GSP and Conor would be more appropriate.

Would love to find a clip of the segment if you have any more info on it. What year was this? What show was it on?

Cena has never popped and he ain’t doing tests.

But one of those level popped for a test, Roman Reigns, the chosen one for the future of WWE. Maybe he was Conor level because the boss absolutely loved him.

The fact that Cena brought up Roman's Wellness Policy violation (said by most to be failure to report prescription med) in a promo and that Roman didn't immediately respond with "When was the last time you pissed in a cup, John?" will forever be, to me, a sign of 1) how much stroke Cena will always have, 2) how much of a company man Roman is, and/or 3) how un-witty Roman is.

The fact that Cena brought up Roman's Wellness Policy violation (said by most to be failure to report prescription med) in a promo and that Roman didn't immediately respond with "When was the last time you pissed in a cup, John?" will forever be, to me, a sign of 1) how much stroke Cena will always have, 2) how much of a company man Roman is, and/or 3) how un-witty Roman is.

Now wait a minute:

1. Do they actually speak about PEDs in their promos?
2. Do they improvize? I was always under impression that they have written scripts...

Now wait a minute:

1. Do they actually speak about PEDs in their promos?
2. Do they improvize? I was always under impression that they have written scripts...

1) If there's anything that's off-limits, it's the talk of steroids. From 1993-1995, Vince McMahon was in borderline paranoia (it's not paranoia if they're really out to get you) over an indictment linking him to actual steroid distribution charges (found not guilty.) He was piss testing his guys every house show, sometimes twice a day. Add in the hype around "roid rage" being touted as a factor in the Benoit murders/suicide, and it's probably the #1 no-go in a company that has done incest, necrophilia, miscarriages, etc in storylines and exploited the family struggles, addiction issues, and even deaths of actual performers.

2) These days, it's more scripted than it ever used to be and improv is at your peril (even if it gets over with the crowd.) It's helped some performers and hurt others.

But...

3) If there's anybody, quite possibly in the history of forever, who can get away with saying stuff like that, it is John Cena. As much or more so than The Rock. The guy has straight up snow plowed the careers of a dozen guys and nearly as many females.

Would love to find a clip of the segment if you have any more info on it. What year was this? What show was it on?

Which part? Because a lot of this is like wrestlers saying in podcasts that Taker would never agree to piss in a cup. Or that such and such never would get tested. Podcasts aren’t searchable and the written info might be in dirtsheets behind paid paywalls.

Nuggets and Lakers arena change

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/wwe-forced-change-venues-84371 (Look above for the segment about Vince putting two sides of wrestlers into Jerseys). Tv show not PPV and nobody flying on.

The ‘part-timer’ ruler for Lesnar (and obviously Taker, Cena, Rock, HBK) you can google. It’s after Lesnar popped for roids in the UFC.

Orton had the ‘Wellness’ rules changed for him after popping for the third time.

WWE ‘Wellness’ is deliberately opaque and the UFC is moving into that with their recent subtle restrictions on informing about busts.

Has WWE done anything like what UFC did in this event?
Bending over the test results , relocating the events just to make one superstar to show?

I know that WWE valued guys like Austin, Rock, Cena, Brock, and now Roman Reigns too as their top superstars.
Have they ever done anything similar just to save them on a PPV?

Thanks

Yo man
Reigns was popped & suspended

but the truth is ...
WWE Wellness Policy is not about PED's
It is about Prescription drugs & Addictive drugs.
WWE's biggest issue were performers becoming addictive to pain pills & getting multiple scripts
Now every script has to be WWE approved and if they test with more than they should have in them, they might et put into rehab
The testing can be strict & a few performers were suspended for missing the deadline for submitting info from their doctors.

they do test for PED's, but the threshold is high

the WP has saved lives, so it is far from a joke & doing what it is intended to do.

But PED's are not the priority because it is not a real competition

if someone is taking crazy levels, they will be suspended like roman was a few years back

1) If there's anything that's off-limits, it's the talk of steroids. From 1993-1995, Vince McMahon was in borderline paranoia (it's not paranoia if they're really out to get you) over an indictment linking him to actual steroid distribution charges (found not guilty.) He was piss testing his guys every house show, sometimes twice a day. Add in the hype around "roid rage" being touted as a factor in the Benoit murders/suicide, and it's probably the #1 no-go in a company that has done incest, necrophilia, miscarriages, etc in storylines and exploited the family struggles, addiction issues, and even deaths of actual performers.

2) These days, it's more scripted than it ever used to be and improv is at your peril (even if it gets over with the crowd.) It's helped some performers and hurt others.

But...

3) If there's anybody, quite possibly in the history of forever, who can get away with saying stuff like that, it is John Cena. As much or more so than The Rock. The guy has straight up snow plowed the careers of a dozen guys and nearly as many females.

But even Cena won't get Jones' treatment from WWE...right?

Yo man
Reigns was popped & suspended

but the truth is ...
WWE Wellness Policy is not about PED's
It is about Prescription drugs & Addictive drugs.
WWE's biggest issue were performers becoming addictive to pain pills & getting multiple scripts
Now every script has to be WWE approved and if they test with more than they should have in them, they might et put into rehab
The testing can be strict & a few performers were suspended for missing the deadline for submitting info from their doctors.

they do test for PED's, but the threshold is high

the WP has saved lives, so it is far from a joke & doing what it is intended to do.

But PED's are not the priority because it is not a real competition

if someone is taking crazy levels, they will be suspended like roman was a few years back

You know, I see something completely different in PEDs usage in MMA from other sports.
While every athlete that takes PEDs/illegal substances/drugs/overdoses prescription drugs, all of them hurt their own body and health in a process - in full contact sports, taking PEDs actually also harms another opponent, more than it's supposed to without PEDs.

So I'm kinda OK that WWE has higher tolerance for PEDs for their athletes - especially that they have to sell their muscles, which is not necessary in MMA

You know, I see something completely different in PEDs usage in MMA from other sports.
While every athlete that takes PEDs/illegal substances/drugs/overdoses prescription drugs, all of them hurt their own body and health in a process - in full contact sports, taking PEDs actually also harms another opponent, more than it's supposed to without PEDs.

So I'm kinda OK that WWE has higher tolerance for PEDs for their athletes - especially that they have to sell their muscles, which is not necessary in MMA

Plus if it is true that PED's help with recovery, those guys/girls put their body through a lot

Plus if it is true that PED's help with recovery, those guys/girls put their body through a lot

They definitely do.

You know what Justin Wren did/does in Africa for the pygmys, right?
So he was updating UG community about everyday work there, and told everyone how sore he is and that one day he couldn't come out of his room from exhaustion.
Immediately every pro fighter on UG responded to him : "Take steroids, Justin! Use steroids!" And he said them like "Yeah, I know I know"

But even Cena won't get Jones' treatment from WWE...right?

Not really. They wouldn't turn on a dime and relocate an event on two weeks notice but he opted out of Saudi Arabia, opted out of carrying Undertaker at WM33, can bury guys for petty stuff regardless of the office's plans. Apples to apricots but I'd have to say no.

My best friend said the same thing. You want to run faster, lift heavier, or hit a ball farther? Who cares? But (American) football, MMA, etc, you're hurting people. I can see the point.

This is the big one. Everybody remembers the asterisks on Bond, McGwire, the creepy white guy that used to be Sammy Sosa, etc, but it was the pitchers who started using them first. Throwing a baseball that hard and that often is horribly destructive to a human arm and shoulder. The juice heals.

Plenty of times. Difference is, all they're doing is putting on a scripted show. Not actually posing as fair combat competition.

Back