Hey guys! ! !

will kwon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Recently I've been interested in supplementing my diet with more alkaline foods. However, I can't justify spending $50 a month on light force greens and another $50 on a multivitamin. I was wondering would light force greens be an acceptable replacement for a multi?

That's an expensive multi and why do you want to eat more alkaline foods?

To answer your question though, no I do not think that powder contains comparable quantities of comparable vitamins/minerals as a typical multi does. The website just lists "proprietary blend of x, y, z..." there's not any Nutritional Data I could easily find, which also makes me skeptical. I hate to bash on an SRN advertiser like that.

*crosses fingers and hopes this doesn't turn into another paleo thread*

*crosses fingers and hopes this doesn't turn into another paleo thread*

. . . gee thanks for making retarded jokes instead of trying to help me . . .

Also I just wanted more alkaline foods so I can have more energy (increase cardio).

Also I just wanted more alkaline foods so I can have more energy (increase cardio).

You want help? Eat more spinach. You don't need a $50/month vegetable supplement. I am sure you can find a cheaper multivitamin, too.

I don't believe this at all actually. I think your stomach and other organs do a fine job of maintaining a proper pH balance in your digestive system and elsewhere. Any deviation is going to be corrected, or if your body can't self-correct you might have a bigger problem on hand than what spinach can handle. I think that any benefit that come from following a "alkaline" diet is more a result of eating more veggies and less refined foods. Same as the "paleo" diet or whatever - it's not the name or the bro-science behind it, it's the content of the diet - which is usually more fresh fruits and veggies and less sugars and other refined food.

what? acid/base balance has nothing to do with the paleo diet. it's biology. jesus christ you guys are overly sensitive - anything that the paleo diet supports, you immediately have to be against. Berardi bought into it: John Berardi - Covering Nutritional Bases

As for the original post: you don't need to get a supplement. Just eat more vegetables/fruit.

Get some sort of multivitamin from the grocery story; Men's one a day is fine. Then eat your fucking veggies and you'll be fine.

Berardi is an idiot...

Get some sort of multivitamin from the grocery story; Men's one a day is fine. Then eat your fucking veggies and you'll be fine.

Berardi is an idiot...

Looks like you would benefit with his help. You have balls calling him an idiot when your diet log sucks balls.

Looks like you would benefit with his help. You have balls calling him an idiot when your diet log sucks balls.

How I eat and my knowledge of nutrition do not coincide. From the looks of things currently, sure, I could see how you'd assume that.

how i eat and my knowledge of nutrition do not coincide. From the looks of things currently, sure, i could see how you'd assume that.

just stfu and admit youre fucking wrong asshole berardi>you

what? acid/base balance has nothing to do with the paleo diet. it's biology. jesus christ you guys are overly sensitive - anything that the paleo diet supports, you immediately have to be against. Berardi bought into it: John Berardi - Covering Nutritional Bases

As for the original post: you don't need to get a supplement. Just eat more vegetables/fruit.

So what? The paleo diet also recommends eating vegetables. Does that mean that anyone who tries to eat more vegetables needs to be ridiculed for trying to live like a caveman? Or does it just mean that some people want to try to improve their diet using ideas that have good reasoning and science behind them?

So what? The paleo diet also recommends eating vegetables. Does that mean that anyone who tries to eat more vegetables needs to be ridiculed for trying to live like a caveman? Or does it just mean that some people want to try to improve their diet using ideas that have good reasoning and science behind them?

No, it doesn't. I made a joke about this turning into a paleo thread, then you started talking about being too sensitive and being against anything paleo and that alkaline/acid had nothing to do with paleo. I just posted that link because paleo and A/A definitely are related. I never said anything about paleo being a bad diet, either. Nor did I say anything relating to ridiculing people who eat vegetables.

just stfu and admit youre fucking wrong asshole berardi>you

fuck-you-fuck-you-tree-hate-nature-demotivational-poster-1248979486.jpg

good day, sir.

No, it doesn't. I made a joke about this turning into a paleo thread, then you started talking about being too sensitive and being against anything paleo and that alkaline/acid had nothing to do with paleo. I just posted that link because paleo and A/A definitely are related. I never said anything about paleo being a bad diet, either. Nor did I say anything relating to ridiculing people who eat vegetables.

Alright then. Guess that comment just pushed me over after I skimmed through the last like 10 threads that all devolved into people complaining about how the paleo diet is dumb

first of all, there are no clearly defined "paleo" or "alkaline" diets, it depends on the author or person selling something attached to those concepts. secondly, looking at all the approaches which claim to be "paleo" or "alkaline" there are far more similarities than difference. Both groups say eat lots of green leafy veg, minimize or eliminate grains, minimize or eliminate dairy, minimize beans, etc.

I have no idea why you just flipped out like you did. Acid/base balance is not scientific at all, it's bro-science. Just because a famous author says something about it, doesn't make it a fact. It could just be that he was packaging information under a label - in this case "acid/base" nutrition. It doesn't matter what something is labelled, what matters is what's covered by the diet. Paleo and alkaline cover pretty much the same shit. They're just labels on "eat healthy".

Most people's Mom's diet advice is the same as an nutrition guru's: eat veggies, dont eat like shit.

How about supplementing with Avocados, sweet potatos, spinach and broccoli at decent sides for your meals? Alongside the usual paprika, onion etc. They are really dense in nutritional value

Back