Hey, Flex is an OK mag...

I hate magazines like Flex because they ask pro bodybuilders for their workouts. However, being pros their workouts are catered towards a crazy ass diet , looooong hours in the gym and steroids and various other supplements. Thus, it is not salubrious for the average joe and it is actually detrimental to a natural weight lifter's growth; the rep and set ranges in their prescribe routines can cause over training rather easily. Also every single frigging month they come up with a "NEW WAY TO GET A SIX PACK" article and some recipes for low carb meals- honestly, its getting quiting tiring.

I remember when I was 16 I tried a biceps workout by Lee Priest that I found in Flex. It was 25 sets just for biceps done twice a week. After 4 weeks I was all :confused: as to why my arms hadn't got any bigger!

Seriously though, with the internet now readily available, magazines are useless altogether!!

most magazines are crap. I was the internet that finally kept me from overtraining. Magazines just have "super arm blaster workouts" that have 15 sets that you do 3 times a week.

I read flex every now and again, I really like the articles and interviews with guys like Ronnie, Jay and so on, they are informative and helpful.

But would I ever use a routine from a flex? Try one of their rediculous super-arms/abs programs... of course not.

I see a lot of people here talking about how they will cause you to overtrain, but don't forget, it is a bodybuilding magazine. There are pro's who do 30 sets for their arms twice a week. But it would be asinine to take serious lifting advice from flex. Though every now and then they have a few useful tips.

Worthless? Absolutely not. But like anything else, magazine, advertisement, internet forum, you have to be careful who and what you take advice from.

IT IS worthless in relation to this fucking forum, why hasnt this been moved somewhere to general discussion where it has more relevance than to strength and power....................

Plum said:
I read flex every now and again, I really like the articles and interviews with guys like Ronnie, Jay and so on, they are informative and helpful.

But would I ever use a routine from a flex? Try one of their rediculous super-arms/abs programs... of course not.

I see a lot of people here talking about how they will cause you to overtrain, but don't forget, it is a bodybuilding magazine. There are pro's who do 30 sets for their arms twice a week. But it would be asinine to take serious lifting advice from flex. Though every now and then they have a few useful tips.

Worthless? Absolutely not. But like anything else, magazine, advertisement, internet forum, you have to be careful who and what you take advice from.

good points, but internet forums are free :D

Back