Hey boxing community!

Soul_of_Rage

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I have been a huge MMA fan since i was 13, but have slowly but surely been getting into boxing and kickboxing understanding the unique skill sets each of these sports require. Now I am starting private lessons in boxing at 17 after doing wrestling, bjj, and some limited boxing/kickboxing for about 2 years. I was told to study up on the history of boxing so that i can become more passionate for the sport and while im caught up on current boxing, who are some fighters i should watch from long ago?

All i can really think of is the really famous ones such as rocky Marciano, Joe louis, sugar ray robinson. But are their any subtle maybe not as famous fighters that i should catch up on? Thanks.

And welcome aboard.

thats cool man. for my generation it was the opposite. we mostly grew up with boxing and transferred to MMA.

i'd reccommend checking out the 70's - 80's era fighters because there is much more film as opposed to the fighter of the 30's and 40's.

I have been a huge MMA fan since i was 13, but have slowly but surely been getting into boxing and kickboxing understanding the unique skill sets each of these sports require. Now I am starting private lessons in boxing at 17 after doing wrestling, bjj, and some limited boxing/kickboxing for about 2 years. I was told to study up on the history of boxing so that i can become more passionate for the sport and while im caught up on current boxing, who are some fighters i should watch from long ago?

All i can really think of is the really famous ones such as rocky Marciano, Joe louis, sugar ray robinson. But are their any subtle maybe not as famous fighters that i should catch up on? Thanks.

Ray Leonard
Archie Moore
Tommy Hearns
Joe Frazier
Jersey Joe Walcott
Jack Dempsey
Julio Caesar Chavez
Willie Pep
Floyd Patterson
Roy Jones Jr.
Kostya Tszyu
Marvin Hagler