He's a champion

GusBrooks

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Why do people say this about people that are not and have never been champions?
Just watched Luke Rockhold's interview with Ariel after DC lost and he says Cormier will be back because he's a champion. When was Cormier a champion? Wasn't an Olympic champion or a UFC champion. Being the Strikeforce tournament champ after beating Bigfoot and Barnett is an accomplishment but that's a hollow "Champion" IMO

the worst is when people say Bruce Lee was a champ.

The olympics isn't the only championship in wrestling. He's got a whole cabinet full of trophies and gold medals at home from his wrestling career.

The olympics isn't the only championship in wrestling. He's got a whole cabinet full of trophies and gold medals at home.

Well I was on a Jr high basketball team that won the division championship but I'd be a fool if I called myself a champion for that reason when I was about to face Michael Jordan

He is a champion of cha-cha. That is a well-documented fact, Jack.

okay but that ain't martial arts. He's a legend, a pioneer, but never was a champ of the sport.

the worst is when people say Bruce Lee was a champ.

I'm sure Bruce won his share of competitions, plus sold millions at the box office. Not to mention he's still a legend 40+ years after his death.

Well I was on a Jr high basketball team that won the division championship but I'd be a fool if I called myself a champion for that reason when I was about to face Michael Jordan

Some championships are worth more than others. To call a pan-american wrestling championship "hollow" sounds incredibly foolish to me.

The Strikeforce Grand Prix is and should be considered legit as their HW roster consisted of Fedor, Barnett, Cormier, Bigfoot, Arlovski, kharitonov, Werdum, etc...

Because Luke was a champ just like Cormier. He beat Jacare, Jardine, Kennedy and a bunch of elite Strikeforce Challengers.

Some championships are worth more than others. To call a pan-american wrestling championship "hollow" sounds incredibly foolish to me.

Pan-AM isn't the same as the Olympics, ask DC. Just as lower MMA promotions aren't the UFC

Because Luke was a champ just like Cormier. He beat Jacare, Jardine, Kennedy and a bunch of elite Strikeforce Challengers.

Cormier beat two guys that weren't champions.

Pro tip: Trying too hard makes you look like a joke.

Not really sure how that is trying too hard. The current HW champ dropped out of the tourney and comparing DC to Rockhold is moot because Rockhold beat Jacare who was the legit champ and had already defended the belt.

Back