Herpes afflicted monkeys roaming wild in Florida.

giphy.gif

Aside from the herpes part I think its freaking awesome that Florida is turning into a damn jungle. Exotic snakes, Moneys, already has alligators, already has pumas...

So cool

It's the kind of diversity I can get behind

I actually have an abnormal fascination with monkeys and have read alot about the Rhesus Macaque population in Florida - the type of herpes they have is *incredibly* difficult to transfer to humans, but it can have fatal consequences in the rare instances that it does (it causes brain swelling).

Monkeys are fascinating creatures - I feel conflicted about primate ownership, as having them as pets seems cruel given how intelligent they are and how they thrive in troops. With that being said, some of my favorite youtube channels are of people who document the lives of owning Capuchin/Vervet/Macaque monkeys, and it is crazy to see how similar they are to humans with respect to their emotions, behaviors etc.

99.9% of people shouldn't own one. They are adorable as babies, but assholes as adults, and it is extraordinarily difficult to provide a monkey with sufficient mental stimulation to keep them from going crazy in a domesticated environment.

I actually have an abnormal fascination with monkeys and have read alot about the Rhesus Macaque population in Florida - the type of herpes they have is *incredibly* difficult to transfer to humans, but it can have fatal consequences in the rare instances that it does (it causes brain swelling).

Monkeys are fascinating creatures - I feel conflicted about primate ownership, as having them as pets seems cruel given how intelligent they are and how they thrive in troops. With that being said, some of my favorite youtube channels are of people who document the lives of owning Capuchin/Vervet/Macaque monkeys, and it is crazy to see how similar they are to humans with respect to their emotions, behaviors etc.

99.9% of people shouldn't own one. They are adorable as babies, but assholes as adults, and it is extraordinarily difficult to provide a monkey with sufficient mental stimulation to keep them from going crazy in a domesticated environment.

bro, check out 'asomonkey' on instagram. my favorite is Kurimatsu. the page is dedicated to Japanese Macaques. I want one so bad but they're illegal here in NY.

Ey dawg wanna go to the club checking out hoes n shii?

me: Nah man, stayin' at the crib tonight, chillin' with my monkey.

Aside from the herpes part I think its freaking awesome that Florida is turning into a damn jungle. Exotic snakes, Moneys, already has alligators, already has pumas...

So cool

Basically 2/3 of all the non-native exotic pets you see in the US come into ports in Miami. All manner of snakes, boas, spiders, fish and other weird shit.

Then Hurrican Andrew rolled along in 1992 and leveled the city, and an enormous % of those novelty pets upgraded to novelty wildlife. Southern Florida is a global petri dish at this point.

Basically 2/3 of all the non-native exotic pets you see in the US come into ports in Miami. All manner of snakes, boas, spiders, fish and other weird shit.

Then Hurrican Andrew rolled along in 1992 and leveled the city, and an enormous % of those novelty pets upgraded to novelty wildlife. Southern Florida is a global petri dish at this point.

I know it's terrible of me but I freaking love it.

What's amazing is how quickly they adapt and explode. I never saw an Iguana down here like 15 years ago, now these 100's of them every few feet it seems like. Same with parrots, Egyptian Geese, etc...

you can spread whatever kind of crazy rumors you want but you cant actually stop people from banging monkies thats their god given right

A surprising number of people you know probably have herpes.

Shocked? You shouldn’t be, since the virus is very common. According to the World Health Organization, 3.7 billion people under age 50 have herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) — that’s 67 percent of the global population in that age bracket. Another 417 million people (11 percent) between ages 15 and 49 worldwide have herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2).

Many people consider HSV-1 more benign, but it turns out there’s not much difference between the two types of virus. While it’s true that HSV-2 is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) and can cause genital sores or blisters, type 1 can do the same thing.

“One big misconception is that cold sores are caused by HSV-1 and genital herpes are always type 2, but that’s not always the case,” says Sarah Vensel, a physician assistant in San Francisco. “Cold sores are so common they’ve been normalized at this point. But genital herpes is sometimes the exact same virus — just in a different location.”

Not only is herpes incredibly common — it’s also totally manageable. Allow us to set your mind at ease and debunk three widespread herpes myths:

https://www.onemedical.com/blog/live-well/herpes-facts

So cool
We got crazy turtles too

Silver Springs State Park is actually a pretty nice place. I grew up in nearby Crystal River and
minus the aforementioned Herpes Monkeys (which can easily be eradicated with a small caliber firearm) it’s nice. TIF

the monkeys were clean before they went to florida.

so thats like reverse patient o really.

Monkeys can swim?!

Back