Hero fatigue

I've never really been into hero movies

Except batman and dark knight

I don't think any of those genres had the type of run Hero flicks are currently on .

But that's because there's only recently been the cgi advancements to pull off epic superhero movies, and there's a lot of material to go at.
I remember watching the Toby McGuire Spider-Man and thinking it looked like a video game. Now shit's getting difficult to spot. It must have been frustrating to write a huge action sequence and then get told "sorry, we can't do that"

I don't like comic/ super hero movies. If/when it does run its course it will probably be replaced by a films I equally dislike. I think my problem is I dislike action movies in general.

I think the rising popularity of the franchise film model helped with that. Now they will do franchise romcoms:

Mr.&Mrs. Whocares: Standard romcom
Mr.&Mrs. Whocares II: Married life comedy
Mr.&Mrs. Whocares III: Divorce comedy
Mr.&Mrs. Whocares IV: Remarriage comedy
Mr.&Mrs. Whocares V: Old people married life comedy

I wish!

I love teen romcoms/ party movies. The late 90s with 10 things, can't hardly wait, she's all that, drive me crazy, ect that was the best. Also the slasher fad of the late 90s

I wish!

I love teen romcoms/ party movies.

I want to be around for the casting process one.

Minion 1: "We still have the ugly duckling role to fill."
Boss: "I see. Suggestions, anyone?"
Minion 2: "Katherine Heigl with a pony tail."
Minion 3: "Zooey Deschanel with glasses."
Minion 1: "Arielle Kebbel as a bandie."
Boss: "Brilliant!"

EDIT

Sudden epiphany: Casting directors are all Sherdoggers and Katherine, Zooey, Arielle, etc. actually are below their standards. :eek:

by the numbers, made by comittee, lame ass jokes per minute, same format, open ended to allow sequel, all start to feel the same, PG-13 garbage.

That lame ass ant-man, fantastic four etc. If I see another film like these my brain will explode

1002.gif

Couldn't agree more. Ant Man, although not terrible, was about as by-the-numbers as you can get.

It should be the final nail in the coffin that the Fantastic 4 are just not interesting and it's impossible to make them so.

I think this tendency to always need to start with some origin story gets a bit old. so they tell this lengthy origin story and then try to go somewhere new for the final bit--kinda doing to much. plus origins are tedious often enough. and yes, maybe there's too many of these movies coming out. Now that they've made a movie about C-list ant man? yeah, maybe that's just too much.

It should be the final nail in the coffin that the Fantastic 4 are just not interesting and it's impossible to make them so.

Unfortunately, a sequel is already being filmed and scheduled for a 2017 release.

I think this tendency to always need to start with some origin story gets a bit old. so they tell this lengthy origin story and then try to go somewhere new for the final bit--kinda doing to much. plus origins are tedious often enough. and yes, maybe there's too many of these movies coming out. Now that they've made a movie about C-list ant man? yeah, maybe that's just too much.

Exactly. It's like if Combat Biopics became very popular that you did so many of them that you eventually have to make one about Leonard Garcia.

Superhero flicks are cool, but personally I'm glad they're coming out with a new Bourne flick. I like stuff like that. Kind of a superhero, but more grounded in reality. Sort of.

Exactly. It's like if Combat Biopics became very popular that you did so many of them that you eventually have to make one about Leonard Garcia.

They can make it a franchise:

Leonard Garcia I: Bad Decisions
Leonard Garcia II: Judgement Error
Leonard Garcia III: Split Scores
Leonard Garcia IV: Flawed Cards
Leonard Garcia V: Garcia Begins

I agree, TS. Comic-book movies are overdone and have been for a few years already. There's a movie podcast I listen to--Screenrant Underground--and while it's supposed to be a general movie podcast, it seems like they always spend at least 25% of any show talking about comic book movies. I'm like, Fuck, could y'all chill with that shit? It's especially annoying when there are some interesting things going on on the independent front and all that gets ignored.

Personally, I am starting to rebel. I didn't go see Avengers 2. I didn't go see X-Men: Days of Future Past (even though by all accounts it's actually a pretty good movie). I didn't go see Ant-Man. And I won't be going to see Fantastic Four.

Enough is enough. I'm not saying superhero films need to disappear. I'm sure I'll go see Batman vs Superman ('cause fuck, it's Batman vs Superman!) and I'll probably go see the Deadpool movie (because they're doing something different there). But we definitely need fewer of them and I've decided to vote with my dollars to try to make that happen.

I'm also tired of them.

I'm also getting nerd fatigue from their fans going bonkers when a trailer is released. OMG that new ______ looks sooo awesome!

Too many Super Hero Team vs threat to the world movies for sure

X Men Apocolypse

Avengers

Fantastic Four

Justice League

ff sucked because ff sucks in general.
antman was a good movie
the avengers are good movies
iron man movies good
thor good
the problem isnt marvel or superheros, its that ff is shit, has always been shit, and will always be shit
spiderman movies sucked ass too
most marvel stuff is good tho, dont belive ts

........................back to zombie invasion films. :icon_chee j/k

Back