Herniated Disk — Its spinal [UPDATE] Also have COVID

I herniated a disc rock climbing. Scared shitless of it happening again.

Oh it'll put a fear of god in you for sure. Anything back, really. Before I started lifting, i used to sit in the most fucked up positions imaginable until a day when I felt this shooting pain as if someone snapped my spine right in half. I fell on the ground and couldn't get up for about 20 min. It will make you paranoid as fuck for months. Any time i get my back spasms i dread deadlifting for weeks and sometimes a month or two. But lifting is what saved my back in the long run. I no longer go past, say, 85% of my max on DL. I'm focused on total control of the movement and perfect form on every rep. I know I'll probably never progress as fast as if I worked like Westside guys do, but I also know I'm not an athlete in his early 20s. You gotta be smarter and smarter over time. My wife turns 30 in December and she just got her first back spasms, not even that bad compared to what I've had in the past, and she was like wtf, totally got paranoid that it was something much more serious, started overanalyzing, looking shit up online and stuff. She's strong, probably stronger than 95% of women anywhere, hell, her numbers started creeping up on mine (i could usually outlift her 2:1 in weight everywhere, now we're at 1.5:1 at best) but she also has 6 years on me and an actual athletic background, so she's been fine doing her lifting the way she's been used to, very little stretching, very heavy weights etc. until now. She's at a chiro literally right now for the second day in a row, and I think she's finally realizing that she needs to start making adjustments, that her body's piling miles on it and that she needs to start getting smarter about how she trains if she's wants to stay healthy and strong. Age and mileage are real. You gotta be smart.

You can build a nice physique using 1 plate on each side of the bar. People overdo it on the weights.

I was in that position for over two years, no one could help, eventually it came down to me understanding my own body and doing what I could to get by.
I'm basically resigned to spending every single day of the rest of my life in some degree of pain and I'll never sit or stand still again

But at least all the pins and needles and numbness has mostly gone

So there's a little hope. Nice. I can dig anything that makes it a little better. It feels like there's something in the bottom of my foot about the size of a nail. I'll accept that if I can move properly again.

Personally, i make sure to mostly pick everything in my life up with proper form, just to avoid bad habits.

Aside from that, i won't ever do a workout routine that doesn't have neck and oblique exercises.

The muscles around our spine are the most important ones, never neglect them!

So there's a little hope. Nice. I can dig anything that makes it a little better. It feels like there's something in the bottom of my foot about the size of a nail. I'll accept that if I can move properly again.
How high or low in your spine is your bulging disc?

I've got the same thing (at least if it's the same as a disc protrusion) in my cervical spine.
It's not much, but if i mess around too much, i'm back to not be able to turn my head in the blink of an eye.

How high or low in your spine is your bulging disc?

I've got the same thing (at least if it's the same as a disc protrusion) in my cervical spine.
It's not much, but if i mess around too much, i'm back to not be able to turn my head in the blink of an eye.

Lumbar. L5 I'm pretty sure. Nearly all the significant pain is in my leg. Usually shooting to the foot. Some days just the calf.

Anyone use a reverse hyper? I've used one randomly about 10-15 times. They seem to work. I thought about investing in one
I couldn’t recommend it more. I felt instant relief immediately after my first time using it. I throw it in after any workout I use my back and it feels great, minimizes any soreness the next day.

Lumbar. L5 I'm pretty sure. Nearly all the significant pain is in my leg. Usually shooting to the foot. Some days just the calf.
Shit man.
I hope it gets better somehow.

If you don't do it already, i'd really look into which foods reduce inflammation (and which ones make it worse).

And if somehow doable, i'd do exercises to build a bit of muscle there.
Not only takes more muscle stress away from the discs etc, but it also helps the area to get more blood foow and thus nutrients.

It's weird the way it affects other parts of your body, I had issues in certain places from head to toe, cannabis helped a lot as well

Shit man.
I hope it gets better somehow.

If you don't do it already, i'd really look into which foods reduce inflammation (and which ones make it worse).

And if somehow doable, i'd do exercises to build a bit of muscle there.
Not only takes more muscle stress away from the discs etc, but it also helps the area to get more blood foow and thus nutrients.

I've been doing specific exercises that should be centralizing the pain and making it easier to move which is supposed to lead to all the goodies. Plus traction and PT. It just hasn't helped. And the exercises aren't getting any easier to do. So now it's pain management clinic. Hoping they can do something that makes it easier to work it out. Injections? Voodoo? Whatever.

It's weird the way it affects other parts of your body, I had issues in certain places from head to toe, cannabis helped a lot as well

It's been months and I still, from time to time, absolutely insist that I have a tear in my quad or hammy. Something. I'll take too long a step and it's hot fire down the leg and my stupid brain can barely fathom that it's my back causing it.

So @Rob Battisti has a brokeback . . . probably from camping at that mountain with his best buddy. Two bro's, a tent, a mountain, alone . . . anything can happen.

I've been doing specific exercises that should be centralizing the pain and making it easier to move which is supposed to lead to all the goodies. Plus traction and PT. It just hasn't helped. And the exercises aren't getting any easier to do. So now it's pain management clinic. Hoping they can do something that makes it easier to work it out. Injections? Voodoo? Whatever.
Yeah, injuries like these always seem to require to try tons of different things before something works, unfortunately.

I have no idea what it costs, but stem cell therapy helps a lot with these things, from what i've heard.

It's been months and I still, from time to time, absolutely insist that I have a tear in my quad or hammy. Something. I'll take too long a step and it's hot fire down the leg and my stupid brain can barely fathom that it's my back causing it.
Oh man that's exactly what I had, every now and then I still get this pain shoot through my hamstring, locks my leg up for a few seconds. At its worse it was like every single muscle in my legs had a strain, my calf muscles were visibly moving on their own and I still get pains shooting through them each day

My rhomboid popped today whilst doing lat pulldowns, very weird never happened before, its sore when i turn my head.

Yeah, injuries like these always seem to require to try tons of different things before something works, unfortunately.

I have no idea what it costs, but stem cell therapy helps a lot with these things, from what i've heard.

I've never read an article regarding stem cell therapy where it's like "oh well shit, we found something stem cells don't help you guys". Haha! Not that I've looked though, to be fair.

Oh man that's exactly what I had, every now and then I still get this pain shoot through my hamstring, locks my leg up for a few seconds. At its worse it was like every single muscle in my legs had a strain, my calf muscles were visibly moving on their own and I still get pains shooting through them each day

When it first happened I was like "meh, I'm gonna walk this shit off. It's what happens. It's what shall happen." But nah, physiology was in fierce disagreement.

What’s up, Sherbros — on Monday I was repping out my final deadlift set and felt a little pop. Two days later I can barely move. Now, on Friday I just can’t get comfortable or sleep at all.

My wife is a PT and she’s been treating it to limited success so far, but this is a real bitch. She’s 6 months pregnant so it’s difficult for her to really work on me right now to the fullest extent.

Anyone else ever get a bad back injury? Just curious of anyone else’s experience.

Cliffs: Hurt back deadlifting. Much pain. Very ouch.

I stop dead lifting too once I got an herniated disc. My back has never been the same. I went through chiro, PS, and even got injections in back . (The injections actually worked on me).pain went from a 10 to a 3 now

This happens 6 yrs ago.

Now Everytime I see people Deadlift I just smh. It's not worth your back if your not a professional or getting paid to dead lift .

I've never read an article regarding stem cell therapy where it's like "oh well shit, we found something stem cells don't help you guys". Haha! Not that I've looked though, to be fair.
Lol, but yeah, if there's no other way, you might wanna look into it one day!
<EdgyBrah>

Back