Herniated Disk — Its spinal [UPDATE] Also have COVID

Sciatica for 15 years. One chiropractor had me back at around 99%, but i fucked it up in the weight room about four years later. A good chiropractor really helps; however, a lot of those guys don't do shit. Inversion tables are good,. I should stretch more. I just got the psoa rite yesterday.

I have about every gimmick out there except the reverse hyper and i haven't used a decompression machine yet

What’s up, Sherbros — on Monday I was repping out my final deadlift set and felt a little pop. Two days later I can barely move. Now, on Friday I just can’t get comfortable or sleep at all.

My wife is a PT and she’s been treating it to limited success so far, but this is a real bitch. She’s 6 months pregnant so it’s difficult for her to really work on me right now to the fullest extent.

Anyone else ever get a bad back injury? Just curious of anyone else’s experience.

Cliffs: Hurt back deadlifting. Much pain. Very ouch.

1. Go out tomorrow and buy an inversion table. Dont be cheap and buy a good one, Teeter is one of best in market. Use it twice a day, 5-10 min each time if you can manage. After you get used to it, start incorporating back exercises that you can do while you hang upside down. Youtube is your friend for this.

2. stretch alot more, especially focus on lower back and legs

3. Start taking epsom baths more often(magnesium salt) works as a natural mucle relaxant

4. go get therapeutic massages. If possible find a legit thai massage lady that can walk on your back

5. Also fuck weight lifting its not worth the injury risk. You can get fucken jacked doing body weight excersizes too. When healed I would go that route.

Your back may never be 100% but you have a shot at getting to a manageable level.

your welcome

What’s up, Sherbros — on Monday I was repping out my final deadlift set and felt a little pop. Two days later I can barely move. Now, on Friday I just can’t get comfortable or sleep at all.

My wife is a PT and she’s been treating it to limited success so far, but this is a real bitch. She’s 6 months pregnant so it’s difficult for her to really work on me right now to the fullest extent.

Anyone else ever get a bad back injury? Just curious of anyone else’s experience.

That sucks hombre. Get to a doc ASAP.

Buy a Shake Weight bro.

Bs1B.gif

That's why i stopped lifting heavy rep ranges. Every older guy in the gym like mid 30s and up that lifted heavy weight had fucked up knees and backs. Not worth it unless you need to train for a sport or something.

I've posted it a few times on here but I was training for a half marathon and randomly at the beginning of a run with my wife she said my name and I turned my head back and legit stepped and fell to the ground.

legit could barely move and was the worst pain I've felt in my life. Managed to get home crawling into my car and my wife drove. I could barely sleep and couldn't lift my leg to take on or pull of underwear. Was doing back stretches on the ground and during a heating pad for a week. Had to have been a slipped disc or some shit. I never want to feel that pain again,

So I understand the pain you feel.

what made me mad was I know it was just the one rep of bad form. I was rushing and *pop*.

This was my experience as well. I was coming off a PR and had sort of settled down and just wanted to finish off the lighter sets, and I rushed a single rep without bracing properly and my back just exploded. Couldn't even unrack the weights after and could barely put socks on for some time after.

Some things I regret about my recovery are not finding a good physio sooner and trying to get back to normal too quickly. After being injured maybe 2 years ago I'm pulling about 75% of what my max was then - still feels a little uncomfortable but the remaining barriers might be more psychological than physical. My plan is to starting hitting some lighter speed sets routinely to build that explosiveness back up before I get back to pulling a decent percentage of my body weight again.

I wouldn't spend too much time trying to work around it if you plan to get back to lifting heavy again - you'll only set your body up to adjust itself in ways you'll need to correct later. Half my current treatment is fixing the damage my hubris cost me in the first 6 months post-injury when I could have been mostly recovered in that time had I dealt with it properly. Take a break and do what you can for the rest of your body, but once you hit the point where you think you're ready to get back to it, wait a little longer. Then start yourself off as if you were training your grandmother.

Good luck to ya.

Last edited:
I’m getting sharp stings of pain when I bend over a little bit, but after it shoots and almost knocks me down, it just disappears. It’s more in the mid back. Anybody have any ideas?

Got a bulging disc currently. No physical therapy provided lasting relief. I go to a pain management clinic on Monday. Pretty sure this is the end.
I was in that position for over two years, no one could help, eventually it came down to me understanding my own body and doing what I could to get by.
I'm basically resigned to spending every single day of the rest of my life in some degree of pain and I'll never sit or stand still again

But at least all the pins and needles and numbness has mostly gone

Damn, bro. That sucks:(

I had the same experience back in '17. Hurt my back twice doing relatively light Deadlifts. Not serious injuries, thankfully, but the second one took several weeks to heal. I was going to work wearing my lifting belt just to get through my shifts.

Since then, I've switched to Trap Bar Deadlifts or Rack Pulls. Much safer, as long as I don't let my ego get the better of me.

Swift recovery, big guy.

I've posted it a few times on here but I was training for a half marathon and randomly at the beginning of a run with my wife she said my name and I turned my head back and legit stepped and fell to the ground.

legit could barely move and was the worst pain I've felt in my life. Managed to get home crawling into my car and my wife drove. I could barely sleep and couldn't lift my leg to take on or pull of underwear. Was doing back stretches on the ground and during a heating pad for a week. Had to have been a slipped disc or some shit. I never want to feel that pain again,

So I understand the pain you feel.

Back injuries are some of the worst. If you fuck up an arm or leg, it sucks but you can work around it to a certain extent. If your back goes, you're fucked in everything you do.

Last edited:
By the way it seems like everyone who lifts gets injured at some point lol

Think its better to stop at some weight and just maintain

Agreed. Unless you're competing in a Strength Sport, you don't need to be pushing the limits of your maximal strength. The risk to reward ratio is simply not worth it.

You can get stronger than the majority of the population and still leave enough in the tank to avoid being injured.

Holy shit there but for the grace of God go I.

I get pins and needles in my foot, probably sciatic nerve compression somewhere but that's the worst of it.

I lift so that I can play football as a lineman aged 41, I'm always looking to be stronger and pack on lean mass but mostly it's prehab.

Got me deadlift up to 500lbs X 12 with reps in the tank, but since then I've kinda given them a rest and focused on squats and single leg stuff.

This thread is a good reminder to take my time and to lift with form. Did a 100kg shrug the other day and didn't set my core, felt a little pop in me back but it seems to have settled down. Must stay healthy!

I think everyone has a genetic ceiling that their body can handle, playing football I've seen plenty of people's bodies just fall apart. If you're a person that gets injured (has chain weaknesses) you need to work on those primarily and maybe scale back. I've been very very lucky. 7 seasons of defensive and offensive line and I've not missed a snap yet.

Yeah I was fucked for just over a year and on morphine from lifting a 50 litre keg first thing in the morning incorrectly..
I found sleeping on a lightly quilted hard floor helped with sleeping, on and off, in general I couldn't sit on anything "comfortable" so mostly sat or lay on the hard floor for like 6-9 months, it makes other parts of your back ache, but worth it for the zzzz.. Squats really helped me, pigeon stretch is amazing! couple ways you can do it..

Essentially strengthening your glutes will help massively, make sure to sit down and stand up correctly.

TS, Listen to this man.

Anyone use a reverse hyper? I've used one randomly about 10-15 times. They seem to work. I thought about investing in one

Anyone use a reverse hyper? I've used one randomly about 10-15 times. They seem to work. I thought about investing in one
Ive used it extensively. I liked it. But it takes some getting used to and trial and error getting the right form imo. Usually I come off using it feeing like my back is bulletproof.

Back