Hernandez path to victory over Cowboy?

BZeee

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you want to stand and bang with this Cowboy?

His wrestling is slept on, do you want to grapple with this Cowboy?

His BJJ is nuts, do you really benefit from top control against this Cowboy?

I'm feeling a fight that is forced to the feet and that's a fight that Cowboy will win imo

Hopefully that liver holds up, War Cerrone

How do you think this fight plays out?

Cowboy always chokes in the big fights where his reputation is on the line. This fight will be no different. Especially against a young animal like Hernandez.

picking Hernandez by TKO in the second round, probably drops him with combinations to the head and body and finishes him off

This Cowboy has a pretty good record against up and comers in his career. That being said, I've only ever seen Hernandez'z fight vs Dariush so I don't have a whole lot of info on his potential. I think his path to victory is the same as most of the others who recently beat this Cowboy. Pressure him striking early and don't let him get into the fight. Nate showed the blueprint back in the day and it still holds true.

He has to punch Cerrone in the face. That has worked for Cerrone's previous opponents usually.

I don't get why Hernandez is favored. He does not impress me and seems overly hyped like Myles Jury or Perry. Cowboy can be a head case but he is pretty consistent. This dude is a wrestler and will get SLAUGHTERED on the ground with Cowboy, who is one of the most lethal ground finishers out there. His path to victory is by outboxing him pretty much. Hernandez has beat absolutely nobody.......Aubin is a TUF bum and Dariush got rest by Chiesa, that is where he is at.

I don't get why Hernandez is favored. He does not impress me and seems overly hyped like Myles Jury or Perry. Cowboy can be a head case but he is pretty consistent. This dude is a wrestler and will get SLAUGHTERED on the ground with Cowboy, who is one of the most lethal ground finishers out there. His path to victory is by outboxing him pretty much.

Have you seen his body?

Bad idea for Cerrone to go down to 155. He's going to get Darren Tilled again.

Pressure box
Back him up
Pick him apart whilst threatening the takedown

I don't get why Hernandez is favored. He does not impress me and seems overly hyped like Myles Jury or Perry. Cowboy can be a head case but he is pretty consistent. This dude is a wrestler and will get SLAUGHTERED on the ground with Cowboy, who is one of the most lethal ground finishers out there. His path to victory is by outboxing him pretty much. Hernandez has beat absolutely nobody.......Aubin is a TUF bum and Dariush got rest by Chiesa, that is where he is at.
Yet Vegas opened Hernandez up 2-1......hmmmmmm.
Hernandez wins tomorrow and I'm pretty confident (not that Vegas is right all the time but in this particular situation----- well let's just say logic tells me Hernandez especially cowboy coming off Perry sub).
We'll see.

Hernandez is fast, relentless, and has big power and not afraid to use it. I’m not sure how you can’t imagine a scenario where Hernandez mauls him. Hoping cowboy wins, but it takes effort to be your kind of naive.

Im going to take Cerrone in this one. He looked fine awhile ago after re-hydrating. FIghting guys with a 20lb weight advantage should help him back at 55. He is taller and longer. Counter knees to the body then the kid taps to strangulation. I would really like to see Cowboy violently KO this kid.

Hope to see Hernandez ktfo Cerrone here.

He just has to pressure and bully Cerrone.

I'm hoping he chooses the taking a shin to the face and having a quick nap in the octagon method of attempting to win, but that's just me.

Back