Here's why more brands, like Nike with Colin Kaepernick, are openly liberal

You certainly cared about this last week. I remember the threads.

Certainly not just hating nike because of Colin.
You are full of shit, I’ve never once cried about Nike or child labor. Quote me or STFU

American right-wingers atleast in current times are trying to bring back manufacturing to America, rather than leaving it to 3rd worlders who work dirt cheap. So it's not that simple of an issue.
The Pat Buchanan , Ann Coulter type of righties, and I would put Trump in there with them. But the establishment right wants cheap labor (open borders) and supports outsourcing. It was Nixon who opened up China to the US. Trump's economic nationalism and opposition to outsourcing is 1 major reason why I was generally not critical of him in 2016.

You would never see Bass Pro Shop backing Kaep, for obvious reasons.

Actually I am rather stunned that Nike backs him, cause I always saw Nike as a company that strictly cared about the bottom line only, and would never do anything remotely riske that could perceivably hurt their bottom line. This is a company that pays Asian workers pennies on the $ and then marks up their product to the tune of several hundred %.

I do agree with Kaep but I won't be buying anything Nike, owing to their labor practice. Plus their shoes are ugly.
I think both sides are sorta stunned on this decision. It's a lightning rod issue as we can see from our threads.
GreatA may have nailed it. Who knows besides those in that advertising board room how this decision all went down.

Reads to me like a propaganda piece being used to convince people into why they are right. Just like everything else.

@tehJameson
I respect your little bro more than you do. Pathetic.

You have no clue, I know for a fact he’s smarter than you, he’s the smartest person I’ve ever met, he remembers every single moment, he has the most beautiful brain I’ve ever been in the presence of, you, not so much

What does this have to do with the concept described in the OP?

Just randomly demonizing NIKE is unrelated to the trend of retailers becoming more political.

It says a lot about how some people will support something or someone based on what they say, but care little about what they actually do. When it comes to business talk is not cheap. NIKE can appeal to the #WOKE crowd and still get away with using cheap child labor to make their products. I'm seeing the same thing with women's fashion where they are selling activism fashions, but a lot of the clothes in the fashion world are produced through exploitation.

You can make a lot of money with cheap slogans and platitudes as long as it is fashionable among the kiddies.

nationalherald%2F2017-07%2Fcef172a6-15ef-4719-9e22-bdb71f49a560%2Fdo-fashion-designers-use-activism-for-business-only.jpg

You are full of shit, I’ve never once cried about Nike or child labor. Quote me or STFU

My post is certainly not sarcastic and mocking your oh so righteous indignation. Certainly

@7437
My post is certainly not sarcastic and mocking your oh so righteous indignation. Certainly

But it’s 100% full of shit, and this is your response?

Total snowflakes: "Nike, why do you hate America!"

It's like North Korean level to get so bent out of shape over someone "taking a knee" during an anthem. Jesus Christ, really the most blown out of proportion issue I can think of. People act like what the morality police would do to someone who insulted the Dear Leader Kim Jong whichever.

Meanwhile LIFE EXPECTANCY IS GOING DOWN for white males due to opiods and suicide, but look everyone, this is the real issue that demographic needs to deal with.

The Pat Buchanan , Ann Coulter type of righties, and I would put Trump in there with them. But the establishment right wants cheap labor (open borders) and supports outsourcing. It was Nixon who opened up China to the US. Trump's economic nationalism and opposition to outsourcing is 1 major reason why I was generally not critical of him in 2016.

I reckon most American right-wingers with any sense, would oppose the neo-con politics of the past couple of decades. Because those politics were the equal to what Nike is trying to pull here, corporations and their paid lobbyists hollowly pandering to religious/ethnic identity issues, while hoping that their bullshit, corrupt economic policy goes unnoticed, as they pocket more and more cash for the 0,1%.

Nothing has necessarily changed in that regard, but atleast people are waking up to the idea that it has been happening. What people need to do, is to take the next step and recognize when it is happening in front of their very eyes.

How very progressive!

Leftists need to start supporting better human beings. Aggressively defending sickos like James Gunn and wealthy hypocrites like Colin Kaepernick is not winning anybody to their side.

Yup. It always does.

Conservatives seem to be just older white guys because we're loud and proud about it. There are tons of conservative people who keep it to themselves.

Liberals horribly underestimated the sheer number of conservatives out there especially single issue conservatives like Evangelicals etc.

And don't forget the Asians! They are conservative on the downlow, and savage AF!

Leftists needs to start supporting better human beings. Defending sickos like James Gunn and wealthy hypocrites like Colin Kaepernick is not winning anybody to their side.

They are building a winning coalition!
RfviGFd.jpg

Total snowflakes: "Nike, why do you hate America!"

It's like North Korean level to get so bent out of shape over someone "taking a knee" during an anthem. Jesus Christ, really the most blown out of proportion issue I can think of. People act like what the morality police would do to someone who insulted the Dear Leader Kim Jong whichever.

Meanwhile LIFE EXPECTANCY IS GOING DOWN for white males due to opiods and suicide, but look everyone, this is the real issue that demographic needs to deal with.
Muh uppity black folks!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back