Here's why more brands, like Nike with Colin Kaepernick, are openly liberal

The braindead youth will lap it up. They truly are a lost generation.

Let's not pretend you morons actually care about slave labor all of a sudden.

Last edited:
View media item 29335
There's a good quote there too:
There is also the problem that conservatives are desperately uncool.

There's literally nothing truer than this. This is the most dull, uninspiring - and uninspired - group of people ever.

The left go from protesting NIKE to praising them, so typical

I don't think there's anything surprising about this. As the OP notes and the 2nd post reinforces, the consumers are young and they skew liberal. For many brands, aligning themselves with a liberal political position reinforces their relationship with their consumer.

I don't think it's entirely cynical, I think that many of these brands lean liberal in their C-suites or their boards.

2 interesting points to me. First is the directionality of the whole thing (no, I don't know if directionality is a word). These lifestyle brands lean liberal but they are influencers. So do they result in influencing the general public the same way?

Second, I've just started paying attention to "impact investing". I've known about people and funds who want a social or environmental benefit from their investments for a while, I didn't know it was a growing investment space at it's current rate. Seeing how much money is going into that space, some of the criticisms about social liberals and being out of touch and a variety of other things seem woefully out of date.

The left go from protesting NIKE to praising them, so typical
This isn't just about Nike is about more and more brands taking liberal political positions.

Never supported Nike but i just might have too now. Any company who is against police brutality and for police accountability has my money.

Lol, I did too, you moron
hrywn1lr99tx.jpg

Just do it
You know you want too

You have to be an absolute retard to buy a product based on politics.

"Get woke, go broke"

Yup. It always does.

Conservatives seem to be just older white guys because we're loud and proud about it. There are tons of conservative people who keep it to themselves.

Liberals horribly underestimated the sheer number of conservatives out there especially single issue conservatives like Evangelicals etc.

Back