Here's why Gus is going to get knocked out by Rumble

Ud2F7VT.png

Right click. Save.

1. Gus lost to phil davis and rumble johnson made phil davis look like a school girl

2. Gus gets hit a lot (look at the jones fight)

3. Jones doesnt have any knockout power and almost stunned gus with the spinning elbow

4. Rumble is physically stronger and faster.

Rumble barely beat Dave Branch

PS; UFC should sign Branch, that's a top10 MW

Truth is Gustafsson does get hit a lot. Probably not a good trait when you're going against AJ.

Jones elbows are his only power shots.

1. That fight was over 4 years ago. (Johnson couldn't finish Phil either)

2. Gus is also extremely accurate and an excellent counter striker with an iron chin.

3. Your third point is laughable, you said he "almost stunned Gus with a SPINNING ELBOW" is that supposed to count against Gus?

4. Johnson might be stronger, but not faster. He's also in his thirties and has known endurance issues. He's also known for wilting under pressure.

The only danger Gustafsson faces is Johnson's clinch game and grappling. Dirty boxing and takedowns are gonna be Johnson's game.

However I predict this fight to go exactly like Tyron Woodley vs. Rory Macdonald

Maybe in later rounds, but I predict Gus-Rumble a much more competitive fight. Rumble is certainly better than Woodley coming forward, and the truth is Gus get hit pretty muxh. Interesting fight.

You should contact Gus to warn him. Thankfully you found out in time

1.) MMAth.
2.) VIKINGBEARD does not care how many pathetic mortal blows it absorbs.
3.) That spinning elbow could have hit you in the neck and broke your shin bone.
4.) Try not to cry when Gus rocks Johnson, locks up the RNC to finish and leaves you all stunned in the mute acceptance of yet another woeful underestimation of elite MMA skills.

I'm a fan of Rumble but pretty much this is what's up. Gus by TKO or sub.

Jones elbows are his only power shots.

Unbeaten & unbroken I would say power is overrated in mma, when one is better served with skill and creative fighting...

I actually agree and have placed money on Johnson already. Styles make fights, we say it alot but it is very true. We just saw it in the Jones / DC fight. Johnson is a bad match up for GUS.

Was Manuwa also a bad match up for Gus? Because they are both very similarly built and has knockout power.

Was Manuwa also a bad match up for Gus? Because they are both very similarly built and has knockout power.

This. I really don't see how Rumble could be too bad of a match up for Gus. He may punch a little bit harder but that's about it.

If Rumble lands clean he has a great chance of putting Gus out cold but I see him having trouble with Gus's footwork and reach, two of my favorite fighters I can't wait for this fight

I agree with one point the TS made. That Gus tends to get hit a lot. I agree with you too though. I look for Gus to stay away for the first couple of rounds or so and when Rumble starts to gas, take it to him in the later part of the fight.

Do you know what a spinning elbow feels like? Performed by a great athlete? Momentum is everything.

Rumble has more power and better head movement. That about it

Rumble has more power and better head movement. That about it

Most casual fans think that head movement is when you do the sexy bobbing out of range.

Alex is a boxer. Most of the people that watch will not notice the skill behind Alex positioning, his angles or his ability to flow with the punches. They will just shrug it off as "good chin".

Back