Here's why Gus is going to get knocked out by Rumble

lilwayne209**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
1. Gus lost to phil davis and rumble johnson made phil davis look like a school girl

2. Gus gets hit a lot (look at the jones fight)

3. Jones doesnt have any knockout power and almost stunned gus with the spinning elbow

4. Rumble is physically stronger and faster.

Tell us more, mr science.

If Rumble lands clean he has a great chance of putting Gus out cold but I see him having trouble with Gus's footwork and reach, two of my favorite fighters I can't wait for this fight

I fear the drug test request. Seriously. Last time I've seen such knockouts & striking power was with Vitor.

Tough match to call once again, Rumble if he is up close and in your face what is Gus counter. Takedown or uppercut maybe a Gusbow to the jaw. This is a great fight anybody could win it.

Lilwayne209 my man where the fuck do you come up with this "almost stunned" or pretty much any of your reasons for anything?

Were you telekinetically living through Gus during the fight?

Also, is that you in your AV?

1.) MMAth.
2.) VIKINGBEARD does not care how many pathetic mortal blows it absorbs.
3.) That spinning elbow could have hit you in the neck and broke your shin bone.
4.) Try not to cry when Gus rocks Johnson, locks up the RNC to finish and leaves you all stunned in the mute acceptance of yet another woeful underestimation of elite MMA skills.

gus has great chin
gus has better boxing
gus did good vs davis and that was 5 years ago
even if he lose it wont be via ko

1. Gus improved a lot since Davis fight (in fact, trained with him)
2. Jones can hit you from a next block.
3. Gus has a great chin and survived the following flurry. Jones has power in his spinning attacks, make no mistake about it.
4. No way Rumble is faster, he's about as fast as Glover Teixeira. I'm also not sure he's physically stronger.

Overall: Gus wins via being a better boxer.

Overall: Gus wins via being a better boxer.
What? But RUMBLE's technical Kickboxing head movement is only marginally worse than Gustafsson's untechnical Boxing head movement, bro!

I actually agree and have placed money on Johnson already. Styles make fights, we say it alot but it is very true. We just saw it in the Jones / DC fight. Johnson is a bad match up for GUS.

1. Gus lost to phil davis and rumble johnson made phil davis look like a school girl

2. Gus gets hit a lot (look at the jones fight)

3. Jones doesnt have any knockout power and almost stunned gus with the spinning elbow

4. Rumble is physically stronger and faster.

Quit reading at MMath opening salvo.

Also teenage male duckface avatar.... really....?

Gus is favored for a very good reason, does not mean he will win though.
I think he is too long for Rumble and will use his jab and movement to frustrate Rumble and when Anthony gasses Gus will finish by RNC or TKO in 4th.

But I wouldn't be shocked if Rumble stopped Gus in rounds 1/2 either.

That is why I am loving this fight!

Back