Here's what body language experts thought of Jon Jones' Fox Sports interview

A lot of crappy editing in that piece as well

"Body language experts"

Is that something you have to pay to go to school for? lel

im not saying im a wizz at detecting liars but my point is having these "experts" is the equivalent to taking a blood sugar test..it isn't always accurate

much like learning from a book these guys use guidelines and "rules" to determine someone is lieing based of their behavioral patterns and this would be fullproof had mankind been robots with the exact same programming....but we ain't people respond and act differently kinda like how some people can watch you dead in the eye and lie without giving out a clue while others may show a "sign"

long story short bringing in these "experts" is just a huge waste of time

It's not an exact science which is why it's not used to prove guilt/innocence in any court of law I'm aware of. That being said reading body language, subconscious signals, eye contact, gestures movement etc is hugely telling when used contextually and understood to a relative degree. It's not indisputable proof of anything in of itself but can be extremely telling in an intuitive sense if analyzed and studied. Most of us understand it to some degree whether we actively think of it or not, those that study it are naturally going to have a more acute awareness of this social "skill"

zZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZ

As long as he passes his fight tests both in the lab and in the ring I am a fan.

im not saying im a wizz at detecting liars but my point is having these "experts" is the equivalent to taking a blood sugar test..it isn't always accurate

much like learning from a book these guys use guidelines and "rules" to determine someone is lieing based of their behavioral patterns and this would be fullproof had mankind been robots with the exact same programming....but we ain't people respond and act differently kinda like how some people can watch you dead in the eye and lie without giving out a clue while others may show a "sign"

long story short bringing in these "experts" is just a huge waste of time

True. Some people will fail a body analysis test even if they are just talking about the weather. The only people who might be able to judge any thing on Jon Jones will be the people who know him well.

It's not an exact science which is why it's not used to prove guilt/innocence in any court of law I'm aware of. That being said reading body language, subconscious signals, eye contact, gestures movement etc is hugely telling when used contextually and understood to a relative degree. It's not indisputable proof of anything in of itself but can be extremely telling in an intuitive sense if analyzed and studied. Most of us understand it to some degree whether we actively think of it or not, those that study it are naturally going to have a more acute awareness of this social "skill"

More like a long long long ways from being an exact science. Sometimes the horoscope is probably just as accurate. I quite often fail to make eye contact with people I don't know very well. I am also a hyper type of person so I don't sit still very well. So I guess that says that I am making lies or deceiving everyone. Unless the people doing this analysis know Jon Jones through his daily life their analysis is garbage.

All of this points to one and ONLY ONE very obvious point. There can be no doubt.

Jones is scared of Conor.

Actually research into those things finds none of them are reliable. The main conclusion being that liers know what people are looking for and thus focus on those same things. Pop science uses conformation bias to go back and point to behaviors after the fact but in the moment anyalsis has little to no scientific backing.

I honestly no longer care. I don't trust the guy is honest. I'm fine with that. He doesn't really owe me honesty, especially in this sport of consistent liars. So, whatever.

Thought he handled that really well and didn't come off as fake for once.

I believe he's just a you guy, a risk taker who took a risk and tried something bad and got nailed for it early. Jon learned a lesson many like him don't get to learn so fast so good for him. Some very good answers in there and I believe him.

a.changing tone in voice
b.facial expression
c.sugercoating words
d.subliminal wording

is this what these morons got paid to do?? that shit is pure common sense and even then so anybody can manipulate those habits if they wanted to at will
The problem is that you are usually not aware that you are doing those things.

Sicilians are great liars ... the best. I'm Sicilian. My father was the heavyweight champion of Sicilian liars and from watching him growing up I learned the pantomime. See, a guy's got seventeen different things he can do to give himself away when he's telling a lie - a guy's got seventeen pantomines (women have 20). But anyway, if you know these things like you know your own face, well they beat lie detectors all to hell. So what we got here is a little game of show and tell. You don't want to show me nothing, but you're telling me everything ...

1z3xrae.jpg

They should analyze this.

Sicilians are great liars ... the best. I'm Sicilian. My father was the heavyweight champion of Sicilian liars and from watching him growing up I learned the pantomime. See, a guy's got seventeen different things he can do to give himself away when he's telling a lie - a guy's got seventeen pantomines (women have 20). But anyway, if you know these things like you know your own face, well they beat lie detectors all to hell. So what we got here is a little game of show and tell. You don't want to show me nothing, but you're telling me everything ...

trueandyouareaschoolteachernotabullyatall.gif

Back