Here's how Reyes beats Jon Jones tonight

I think his fucked up toe has a lot to do with it. When he tore it against Sonnen it seems to have taken away a lot of his power in the grappling ever since. Pushing with the inside of your foot creates a lot of shear and torque on the joints, I could see him wanting to avoid it.
Exactly, I been saying this for years. And its the biggest reason he had a close fight with Gus in their first fight because Jones fought Gus only a few months after he broke his toe off in the fight with Chael.

As you can see Jones now wears tape wrapped around the injured toe and the toe next to it every since the Chael fight.

The injured toe has greatly affected his ability to defend the take down and taking his opponents down at will like he use to.

I think Reyes has a firm game plan in mind and it revolves around piling on the leg kicks at the start and end of his combos. Leg kicks seem to be a staple of his.

Also Reyes seems never to get flustered during the fight so maybe we will finally get to see someone executing their natural game v Jones.

Maybe he will but this is a completely embarrassing breakdown. Nothing worse than when someone who knows nothing about MMA or martial arts tries (and fails) to give a breakdown

I am not sure he can stop the takedown to be honest. I think Jones wrestling is falling off too but still don't know where Reyes is in terms of conditioning right now.

Sounds like a solid plan. What could go wrong?

I dream of a world where people that make threads like this with out posting a bet slip get banned

People just make a prediction they know wont happen, and in the off chance a fluke happens they look brilliant. When it doesnt happen and they are completely wrong, no one remembers or cares about the thread. Profit.

Maybe he will but this is a completely embarrassing breakdown. Nothing worse than when someone who knows nothing about MMA or martial arts tries (and fails) to give a breakdown
Are you all going to apologize now?<Kobe213>

Why the fuck would I apologize?

1. Reyes didnt win. You were wrong

2. You didnt post a bet slip so literally no one fucking cares. ANYONE can pick a big underdog in any fight and hope to look like a genius the 1/10s it works out. Theres nothing special about picking an underdog but not feeling confident enough in your mystical prediction to throw some actual money on it.

You've been here long enough. You should know no one gives a damn and you get absolutely zero credit for making a bold prediction on sherdog with out betting IRL.

Exactly, I been saying this for years. And its the biggest reason he had a close fight with Gus in their first fight because Jones fought Gus only a few months after he broke his toe off in the fight with Chael.

As you can see Jones now wears tape wrapped around the injured toe and the toe next to it every since the Chael fight.

The injured toe has greatly affected his ability to defend the take down and taking his opponents down at will like he use to.
The (admittedly impressive) Gus fight made no sense to me because every showing Gus made afterwards had him looking like a half tank of gas on five karate lessons

2. You didnt post a bet slip so literally no one fucking cares. ANYONE can pick a big underdog in any fight and hope to look like a genius the 1/10s it works out. Theres nothing special about picking an underdog but not feeling confident enough in your mystical prediction to throw some actual money on it.

You've been here long enough. You should know no one gives a damn and you get absolutely zero credit for making a bold prediction on sherdog with out betting IRL.
It wasn't a prediction, it was game plan that Reyes could use to win. He literally hit ALL of my points and most people think he did indeed defeat Jones

Jones also has a durability / heart advantage over most opponents.

He's been injured in fights and also been down in early rounds, but he always digs deep to finish strong

Jones also has a durability / heart advantage over most opponents.

He's been injured in fights and also been down in early rounds, but he always digs deep to finish strong
This is a very annoying fact about Jon Jones

6b6eef595361acce-whoa-gifs-page-12-of-13-reaction-gifs.gif

Catch the guy who bribed that one judge.

I'll pass thanks. Your boy did lose after all. He fought a helluva fight though, and you will recall I said that it was always a possibility...or something like that. I would probably have called the fight a draw myself. It was a great scrap and I plan on watching it again tonight.

Back