Here's how Reyes beats Jon Jones tonight

Well Reyes is already 30 so youth isn't on his side. Athleticism? Meh he played pretend D1 football for an incredibly shitty team. Jones knows about real athleticism. His brothers played/play in the NFL and won super bowls. One brother is a 3x pro bowler. Jon has beaten Olympians.

Reyes is absolutely nothing special as far as athleticism goes

It's not that easy to beat Jones though, his reach advantage makes it near impossible to fight him from range. In close he's better than most people too, he exhibited this point perfectly against Glover. When he decides to use his wrestling he's almost unstoppable there too, how many times did he take DC down for instance? The way to beat Jones is probably through foot work, angles and avoiding the TD like you said but it's far easier said than done.
I wouldn't give anyone a chance against Glover Jones. We know he was still juiced to the gills in the last DC fight. The question is whether he's slowed down enough to let someone like Reyes to work a plan against him.

Only way he beats him is have super strong TDD and fight like Gus 1, but this time Reyes has power in his hands. So Reyes can outstrike jones and keep it standing at all time and mix his punches with elbows like Jones. Mimic Jones and he could win by a close decision and implement Santos leg kicks.

screenshot-At-Upload-CC-1581190582639.png

@NorrisB LOL

Reyes is absolutely nothing special as far as athleticism goes
Which means he's pretty good for MMA. I think he stuffs the take downs and out moves Jones via athleticism. Jones is slow and plodding, it works for his style but it doesn't mean that someone else can't stop him

I'd like to see a competent kicker actually commit to chopping at Jones legs. Easier said than done.

I find it really interesting that Jones seems to have abandoned his wrestling, he used to literally slap people to the mat and smash their skull into the floor.

He also used to do a lot of steroids.

Reyes is going to have to come out swinging 1st round.

if he plays patty cake or tries to wrestle its going to be a long night for him. Jones will systematically pick him apart.

Reyes is perfectly capable of stopping the takedown like both Gus and Santos.

And yet Jones took Gus down easily in their second fight and destroyed Gus.

Jones never went for a single take down against Santos, so how would you know if Santos is capable of stopping the takedown?

Also Jones sent Santos to the hospital with two injured legs.

I dream of a world where people that make threads like this with out posting a bet slip get banned

People just make a prediction they know wont happen, and in the off chance a fluke happens they look brilliant. When it doesnt happen and they are completely wrong, no one remembers or cares about the thread. Profit.

I know. What other explanation is there except he doesn't have the strength and cardio anymore? And it coincides with his drug failures and enhanced testing
I think his fucked up toe has a lot to do with it. When he tore it against Sonnen it seems to have taken away a lot of his power in the grappling ever since. Pushing with the inside of your foot creates a lot of shear and torque on the joints, I could see him wanting to avoid it.

And yet Jones took Gus down easily in their second fight and destroyed Gus.

Jones never went for a single take down against Santos, so how would you know if Santos is capable of stopping the takedown?

Also Jones sent Santos to the hospital with two injured legs.
This thread is clearly referring to the first Gus fight. Santos thwarted any takedowns Jon had in mind by swarming counters

Reyes come championship rounds >
giphy.gif

This thread is clearly referring to the first Gus fight. Santos thwarted any takedowns Jon had in mind by swarming counters
I doesn't matter if you were referring to the first fight with Gus, the same fighter you were referring to still got taken down easily. If you were making a valid point, Jones would not have taken Gus down in their second fight either, but he did.

Again, Jones did not go for any take downs against Santos so how would you know?

I dream of a world where people that make threads like this with out posting a bet slip get banned

People just make a prediction they know wont happen, and in the off chance a fluke happens they look brilliant. When it doesnt happen and they are completely wrong, no one remembers or cares about the thread. Profit.
This isn't an outright prediction, it's a prediction based on a potential gameplan

I think his fucked up toe has a lot to do with it. When he tore it against Sonnen it seems to have taken away a lot of his power in the grappling ever since. Pushing with the inside of your foot creates a lot of shear and torque on the joints, I could see him wanting to avoid it.
Yeah it could be something like that but he did grapple in DC1

The only way Reyes beats Jones is if he comes out swinging like a madman and is able to eat some shots at the same time. I'm talking an old school Pride-esque brawl.

Back