Here's how Reyes beats Jon Jones tonight

Captain Herb

10000 Likes
@Silver
Reaction score
We know Jon Jones' advantages, ranging from fight IQ, to reach, to illegal steroids, but let's look at the advantages for Reyes:

*Foot speed
*Hand speed
*Lateral movement
*Power in the hands
*Technical boxing
*Athleticism
*Youth

Sound familiar?

upload_2020-2-8_14-9-20.jpeg
upload_2020-2-8_14-23-53.jpeg

Reyes is perfectly capable of stopping the takedown like both Gus and Santos. Jon's output has slowed drastically and he doesn't even seem keen for wrestling anymore probably due to being 'off steroids' and lacking the inhuman pace and gas tank that he had in his prime.

When you combine the game plans of Gus 1 and Santos, Reyes has a clear path to victory:

Outmaneuver Jones with foot speed and lateral movement. Make him miss.

Counter with speed and power, return kick for kick

Make Jones pay if he overextends an attack or moves backwards in a defensive shell

Outstrike Jon over 5 rounds and land the harder shots.

If he can hurt Jon, don't let him off the hook, finish the fight.

People sleeping on Reyes' chances if he fights smart

Reyes is perfectly capable of stopping the takedown like both Gus and Santos.
tenor.gif

I stopped reading after you said Jones being off steroids

Stopping the TD like Santos?

Jones attempted one TD and let Santos get up every time Santos fell to the ground.

I just want to see someone stiffened, breathing heavy staring out into the vast expanses of space.

I'm going for boring points decision

I'd like to see a competent kicker actually commit to chopping at Jones legs. Easier said than done.

I find it really interesting that Jones seems to have abandoned his wrestling, he used to literally slap people to the mat and smash their skull into the floor.

I find it really interesting that Jones seems to have abandoned his wrestling, he used to literally slap people to the mat and smash their skull into the floor.
I know. What other explanation is there except he doesn't have the strength and cardio anymore? And it coincides with his drug failures and enhanced testing

He will have the opportunity to become a hero overnight. But will he?

It's not that easy to beat Jones though, his reach advantage makes it near impossible to fight him from range. In close he's better than most people too, he exhibited this point perfectly against Glover. When he decides to use his wrestling he's almost unstoppable there too, how many times did he take DC down for instance? The way to beat Jones is probably through foot work, angles and avoiding the TD like you said but it's far easier said than done.

We know Jon Jones' advantages, ranging from fight IQ, to reach, to illegal steroids, but let's look at the advantages for Reyes:

*Foot speed
*Hand speed
*Lateral movement
*Power in the hands
*Technical boxing
*Athleticism
*Youth

Sound familiar?

View attachment 724363
View attachment 724391

Reyes is perfectly capable of stopping the takedown like both Gus and Santos. Jon's output has slowed drastically and he doesn't even seem keen for wrestling anymore probably due to being 'off steroids' and lacking the inhuman pace and gas tank that he had in his prime.

When you combine the game plans of Gus 1 and Santos, Reyes has a clear path to victory:

Outmaneuver Jones with foot speed and lateral movement. Make him miss.

Counter with speed and power, return kick for kick

Make Jones pay if he overextends an attack or moves backwards in a defensive shell

Outstrike Jon over 5 rounds and land the harder shots.

If he can hurt Jon, don't let him off the hook, finish the fight.

People sleeping on Reyes' chances if he fights smart
Sounds like a solid plan. What could go wrong?

Back