Here's a legit question regarding the Conor situation

MagnusGOAT

Make America Great Britain again.
@Black
Reaction score
Why aren't people crying for a fight between Edgar and Mendes?
Not only would it be a fun fight, they're both proven challengers and they're pretty much neck and neck in ranking. Why all the arguing about Conor having to face legit wrestlers/top 3 fighters and absolutely no argument surrounding Edgar and Mendes not fighting each other.

Also, I know now Lamas is fighting Mendes but the two were both waiting for fights at the same time.

Most people just want to see how Conor does with a wrestler.

Well Edgar is the next contender after Conor.. if he fought Mendes and lost then who the hell would fight for the title after Conor gives Aldo his rematch ...hahaha

In all honesty tho.. I would love a Mendes vs Edgar fight..

Damn, I just want competive good fights.
I'm actually favoring Connor vs. Cub and Edgar vs. Chad.

Because if Mendes wins that kills Frankies shot, and we end up with no contenders if Aldo beats Conor

Either of those guys would kick Connor's ass

Damn, I just want competive good fights.
I'm actually favoring Connor vs. Cub and Edgar vs. Chad.

Yeah I guess. I Don't give Cub a good chance against McGregor though, Cub is a hell of an athlete but he is quite sloppy with his strikes when he gets aggressive, I think McGregor picks him apart.

Not only would it be a fun fight, they're both proven challengers and they're pretty much neck and neck in ranking. Why all the arguing about Conor having to face legit wrestlers/top 3 fighters and absolutely no argument surrounding Edgar and Mendes not fighting each other.

Also, I know now Lamas is fighting Mendes but the two were both waiting for fights at the same time.

Because those who question Conor's real fight depth want to see Conor face legit wrestlers/top 3 talent.

If people wanted Edgar/Mendes there would be chatter...

1. Neither has similar star power. Frankie did once upon a time.

2. Wrestleboxer V Wrestleboxer isn't really the "in" thing right now.

3. The connor situation though destined (conor bless) has turned the usual pseudo tourney system on its head. If connor didn't exist is say Mendes vs palates with an also Frankie rematch would be very possible.

Drops mic

Most people just want to see how Conor does with a wrestler.

More like, they want him to be utterly humiliated by a wrestler. This way, they can say 'see, I told you, Conor sucked and is the Irish CM Punk'. It is the last desperate refuge for the multitudes of haters.

Good point tho, TS. I was thinking the exact same thing the other - total double standard. Also, was thinking how UFC will give guys like CM Punk an easy path and threw Kimbo, also a proven needle mover, to the wolves just to rub it in the uneducated fans/youtubers face. Guaranteed, if Kimbo fell in there lap today after such a shit year, they would be matching him against hand picked easy opponents for multiple big paydays.

More like, they want him to be utterly humiliated by a wrestler. This way, they can say 'see, I told you, Conor sucked and is the Irish CM Punk'. It is the last desperate refuge for the multitudes of haters.

Good point tho, TS. I was thinking the exact same thing the other - total double standard. Also, was thinking how UFC will give guys like CM Punk an easy path and threw Kimbo, also a proven needle mover, to the wolves just to rub it in the uneducated fans/youtubers face. Guaranteed, if Kimbo fell in there lap today after such a shit year, they would be matching him against hand picked easy opponents for multiple big paydays.

What about Brock. Hardly fought sub par competition.

They aren't neck and neck. So what u suggest is a #1 contender fight? So if by some miracle Mendez wins we can see Aldo smack him around again? This threads blows..

My mind.

Conor won't matter in June

I'd like to see this fight myself. But...

Because if Mendes wins that kills Frankies shot, and we end up with no contenders if Aldo beats Conor

This guy's right. Mendes and Frankie are both waaay too good to be gatekeepers, but not quite good enough to beat Aldo. Puts em in a rough spot. They'll fight each other eventually, one way or the other.

They aren't neck and neck. So what u suggest is a #1 contender fight? So if by some miracle Mendez wins we can see Aldo smack him around again? This threads blows..

My mind.

You think it would take a miracle for Mendes to win this fight? You're kinda blowing my mind.

Mendes and Edgar are about as even a fight on paper as I could imagine.

Back