Hereditary (2018)

The nut allergy is what leads to the car crash. The boy was in the process of getting possessed. The fire is just demonic shit, at that point the whole family is cursed.
It was hinted that she had already been eating nuts.
Fuck up your new host for demonic possession?
Remember, the first time she tries to burn the book, she starts to cook. Same delivery, he then cooks.

Remember, the first time she tries to burn the book, she starts to cook. Same delivery, he then cooks.

Don't know what you're referring to but this is what happened to her: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaphylactic_shock

The guy threw himself out of an upstairs window, dont think the demon was concerned about banging his head into a desk.

Yes, of course. Both scenes were very memorable.

It's actually the better version of Venom- or at least I'll assume it is until proven otherwise because it will be tough to beat lol.

It even has the American Tom Hardy, Logan Marshall Green...

Awesome film.

Yeah, I have also read about the parallells, although Tom Hardy is dealing with a parasite. But I´m also very positive Uprade will be the superior of those 2. Mostly because I´m so sick of Hardys tough, grumpy, make me taller persona in movie in and series out. He is playing himself over and over.

And never had I thought I could hate a grandma the way I do with the one in Hereditary. She is not even in the movie, more than i pictures. What kind of person do this kind of sinister stuff against her own family? I know the grandfather was mentally ill, but was she also ill or was she just pure evil before she came in contact with the demon?

Great movie!

Last edited:
Aforementioned dinner scene,

when Collette just starts to lose it and talks about how she has to "fucking look at that fucking look on his face," and how she knows he must feel guilty but he doesn't express it so they can't even heal as a family. And then Wolff just stops and goes, "and what about you, Mom? Charly said she didn't want to go to the party. So why was she there?" That shit cut like glass.

Yeah, very very intense. And I really liked the pace in the movie. It took the time it would have been unfolding in real life. Take the car scene for example. After that shocker with Charlie I was paralyzed(was never expecting, or have seen anything like this before), and so was Peter. Then came a pause with a million of thoughts or maybe none, and he drove home and the climax in the morning. You were just waiting for the scream. So refreshing compared to most movies with "modern" editing in our fast paced world. So the word slowburner for me, is just positive.

Decent movie.

I liked the pacing and acting by Toni Collette and the photo was great. Where it went wrong was with the laughable ending and the fact that they acted quite out of the ordinary, which in turn makes it hard to relate to them.

Watched it last night.

Personally I fucking loved it. Thought it was one of the most unnerving movies I've ever seen

Anyone notice the texts between Peter and his friend while they were in class? His friend texted him about his shaved pubes and Peter told him to text a pic. His friend later texted him to come to the party and to bring his dick. I was convinced they were gay since Peter has zero humor, but then it shows Peter hitting on that chick sitting in front of him. Weird scene.
I think you'd have to be gay to notice that. Obviously there's nothing wrong with that, but that's a really gay observation.

If you read the AMA I posted, the director wanted to stress that the demon was almost angry about being summoned. He's the demon of mischief and earth is boring. That explains terrorizing the son even though he was the new host.

Again, the daughter was the demon the whole time and had to be decapitated so the demon could leave her body. The decapitations are a theme.

Watched it last night.

Personally I fucking loved it. Thought it was one of the most unnerving movies I've ever seen

What'd you think of

possessed Collete spider-maning in the corner of Wolff's bedroom. The stuff of nightmares really. You're right- extremely unnerving. Perfect word for the film.

After watching this movie im surprised at all the positive comments for it. I didnt feel like it had any atmosphere except a couple of scenes mentioned. the big scene about a 3rd of the way thru was surprising though. Overall about a 5/10.

Just downloaded Hereditary and will watch in my theater after we get back from vaca.

We did watch Upgrade in my theater before we left for vaca, and we LOVED it. Way better than I expected.
Let me guess, you have a theater in your home?

Reported for movie bashing.

Hereditary was great acting, great camerawork, great sound but they told the story in the worst fucking way which made it shit.

At the end my wife (who is usually scared of horrors) said : "you made me stay awake to watch this shit?"

Let me guess, you have a theater in your home?

How did you know?!?!?!

So yeah, we watched this movie Saturday night. The hype is real.

We were trying to find THE PERFECT HORROR MOVIE, and I think this is really close for us. It was probably, through and through, one of the craziest, creepiest, in some spots horrifying movie that we have ever seen. This movie started out feeling plain ole creepy and didn't let up. This movie was perfectly shot, perfectly cast, and I felt that it used all of it's 2 hour runtime to perfection. This movie made me feel so fucking creeped out and had me on the edge of my seat for the entire time.

I will drop a review in here sometime this week, but this was a for sure 10/10 for me.

This movie was not scary, It was predictable and kinda boring.

I thought this movie was great. So many layers that it's worth watching a second time to see how deeply embedded this witch cult was throughout the entire movie and that this family had no chance...like zero.

WAit hold the horses

Upgrade is actually a good movie, and not some b level crap?

<Varys01>

It had it’s moments, but it definitely wasn’t worth all the hype it had been getting. The end was ridiculous. Car scene mentioned by TS is worth the price of bandwidth!

Just downloaded Hereditary and will watch in my theater after we get back from vaca.

We did watch Upgrade in my theater before we left for vaca, and we LOVED it. Way better than I expected.
Hey do you have a theater in your house?

If you read the AMA I posted, the director wanted to stress that the demon was almost angry about being summoned. He's the demon of mischief and earth is boring. That explains terrorizing the son even though he was the new host.

Again, the daughter was the demon the whole time and had to be decapitated so the demon could leave her body. The decapitations are a theme.

Yep...

that's why the mother tries to pull the son's head off while he's asleep then the corpse in the attic is headless, then the mother slices her own head off too at the end. Truly creepy and unsettling.

Last edited:
Back