Here we go, Cruz lost for the first time in for ever and ppl gona say he dont got it anymore

It wasn't Cruz's best performance, but that was largely to due with Cody presenting a bad style for him. I thought Dominick's foot work looked different.. he kept putting his feet close together it was strange. Cody looked unbelievable though, he's the real deal. I was way off on this fight. Super impressed with Cody. He showed a whole lot more to his game than I had seen before. Nothing but respect for Dom. He was a great champion and is one of the toughest fighters in the UFC. Probably has the best recovery. Great fight. I'm on team Cruz but I really enjoyed the fight. Cody vs TJ will awesome too.

Some retard actually said he was "exposed" lmao

There are some laughably dumb motherfuckers on this forum, whether or not they post in victory or defeat.
you sound like a child

Eh Cruz is too smart for this. When they announced the winner I did not see disappointment or weakness in his eyes, More like, yep I was beaten by a good fighter. He'll come back from this. I think now that Cruz knows what Cody has he can beat him. He thought Cody was like the rest of the alpha male guys, which he is mentally, except that Cody has decent boxing for MMA standards which won him the fight.

Cruz will be back strong though.

Lets also not forget that Cruz won rounds 2 and 5, so this fight was not a blow out or some one sided destruction, round 1 was very close so it could of easily been called a draw if Cruz did a little more. I just hate when people over react like Cruz doesn't have it anymore, hes only 31. Lets relax folks and please show respect, to both of them.
not sure what fight you were watching. I'll give him the 5th, but Cruz was knocked down countless times.

People saying that Dom got Dominated, did they actually watch the fight? At the end both Dom and Cody were wondering who won because it was a close fight

Eh Cruz is too smart for this. When they announced the winner I did not see disappointment or weakness in his eyes, More like, yep I was beaten by a good fighter. He'll come back from this. I think now that Cruz knows what Cody has he can beat him. He thought Cody was like the rest of the alpha male guys, which he is mentally, except that Cody has decent boxing for MMA standards which won him the fight.

Cruz will be back strong though.
Cody was "mentally" a master in that fight.

Some retard actually said he was "exposed" lmao

There are some laughably dumb motherfuckers on this forum, whether or not they post in victory or defeat.
I love those threads about exposed fighters. The guy could be 20-1 and he's been exposed. Let's not give the other fighter any credit. He's just tall enough or young enough or...

you sound like a child

Yeah lol it's so smart and mature to shit on a fighter as proven as Dom when he finally loses a hardfought decision after years of being the best bantamweight in the world.

Nothing says adult like some mouthbreather spewing ignorant vitriol, haha.

It's Sherdog bro. You lose a single fight and all your accomplishments don't mean jack shit.

the headbutt caused a huge cut over doms eye that was dripping blood in his eye and this started early in round 3. Dom had trouble seeing and lost the round. i think anyone would. a headbut is no a legal blow. the cut Dom caused on Cody' eye was from a punch, a legal blow. round 4 was the bad round when dom when down after a couple hard blows to roll with the punch and breakup the combination, a good tactic to get out of trouble.

He's multiple knee surgeries and his whole style is based off footwork. I don't care how good he performs, he's not the same 31 year old he could've been.

yeah but absolutely nothing has changed since he fought TJ or Urijah so you can't really blame it on that

you could say literally any fighter wouldn't be the same as he couldve been had he not had injuries as every fighter has had them

but the Cruz we saw tonight was the same one who fought TJ and Urijah this year and he had nothing for Cody

Cruz wont beat cody in a rematch and probably not tj either, he arguably lost to tj also.
It wqs just a mqtter of time before cruz lost to cody or tj. Itw eqsy to stay on top if faber is the only chellenger

It's just that Cruz of 2016 is A LOT slower and more plodding than pre-injury Cruz. I don't think he is going to get better from this, and this championship run was a race against his body for him. lowkey hoping he retires because I can't bear seeing him get worse and start racking up l's, even if they're over top tier fighters.

I'm devastated man, I grew up watching Him on WEC and since than, I ve always follow his path and Ill continue to follow him and... Damn, it was very hard for me, but Cody is amazing. To me, the mistake was try to box him... Idk, Im shocked. Cody is amazing, btw

Honestly, as a huge fan, he looked like an old man in there. His body just cannot hold up. He still has the mental ability and skills, but as time goes on since his return it's wearing out on him more and more. Part of me was in denial because heck I want the best for people, especially those I'm a fan of, but it's become obvious now, I just needed to be smacked in the face with that fact. Against TJ he looked as good as ever until the fourth when his feet/legs started wearing down, but the rest of him was good enough to come back and win the fifth round. Then we learned of his problems with his feet post fight and he took months off before the Faber fight. Against Faber we saw him limping around pre-fight, and moving less in the fight, but he fought so well in the pocket it didn't matter much. After more months off we see him limping around pre-fight again, then we hear him say he needs botox injections in his feet for then to not hurt and to move well, then with the taped up feet and ankles in the fight we had another bad sign, but he just was not moving well this fight.

That's not to say he did bad, it was still a 48-47 fight (though I thought he landed more in the deciding first round, which mattered more to me than a brief down then up td), and the commentary was atrocious, when Rogan and Goldberg were counting every off balance on one foot and/or dipping his body "knockdown" as a legit knockdown (that fourth round commentary was ridiculous). Cody played the counter game well, but Cruz was just not moving well enough (like he used to) to be able to play his own game. Even his punches and overall accuracy were just way off, and not necessarily from Cody's movement (not that he didn't do a good job, though Cruz also faced a still prime TJ and Mighty Mouse and did far better than he did here), but it was just Cruz not being able to do what he has been capable of. He looked slow, sloppy, off, and old (yet even a bad version of Cruz was better than most anyone else.

I think he needs to take some real time off, should have after the Faber fight; not that the fight against Cody was soon after, but with his foot problems, knee history, and limp walking, he needed more time off. Three fights in a year after his history of issues was asking far too much of his body. I hoped for the best, and know what Cruz has been capable of, so hoped for that Cruz, but I had a bad feeling about the card (which are always correct about any sporting event, unfortunately) so I didn't order it live and watched it after it had already happened. He's still a young guy, and worry about his ability to walk not just as he gets older, but in his 30's (which he just hit). It's not a good sign when you need regular botox injections in your feet just to move around without pain or to move around semi-normally at all.

Hats off to Cody though, he did a good job, I just don't believe he beat the same Cruz we have been used to. If Cody beats TJ I'll give him a lot more kudos (as he would deserve them anyway).

Last edited:
Back