Here we go, Cruz lost for the first time in for ever and ppl gona say he dont got it anymore

TomTomNT

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Watch, ppl gona ask for him to retire and say he wont ever win fights again lmao....Lets not forget that headbutt really fucked up Cruz's eye.. that gash was fucking huge im sure blood pouring down from your eye lid does not help vision vs an amazing striker like Cody.

Cruz is a beast, the shots he took he got up in a split second..... He wasn't even running the entire fight, he actually was chasing and he def showed he has top tier game. I cant see anyone else beating him so the rematch will most likely happen.

And to be fair, im predicting right now that TJ is going to beat Cody and Cruz will have a rematch with either Cody or TJ, belt or no belt.

It was a great fight, i ask you folks to not over react and just overall show respect to one of the greatest champions ever.

People should give Cody all the credit in the world for that performance. I think Cruz is still as good as ever.

People are stupid. If cruz had won tonight everyone would be like cody is overrated

he simply wasn't ready for this version of cody, which has never been seen before

Cruz is in his early 30s still in his prime its not like Weidman beating a 38 year old Anderson

He didn't look like he'd lost a step he just got thoroughly outclassed

Amazing fight

It's a bad matchup for Cruz, simple as that. And his fight IQ tonight was retardo-level. He should have mixed things up, used more wrestling and grappling, not chasing him and throwing hands for 5 rounds and getting murked by counters.

Lets also not forget that Cruz won rounds 2 and 5, so this fight was not a blow out or some one sided destruction, round 1 was very close so it could of easily been called a draw if Cruz did a little more. I just hate when people over react like Cruz doesn't have it anymore, hes only 31. Lets relax folks and please show respect, to both of them.

Nah there's just finally good talent in the division. No more Faber destroying everyone to fight for the belt so we see the same three fighters fight. I would be pretty surprised if Cruz doesn't retire, not because he doesn't have it, but because the division has caught up. With his injuries then getting dominated like he did it doesn't make sense to keep fighting. Possibly if TJ fights Cody and wins then maybe he can keep going but it was clear stylistically Cody will do that every time if not knock him out in a rematch.

I had it with Rounds 1 and 2 for Dom and Rounds 3,4 for Cody, round 5 could have been a draw but you give the champ the beneit of the doubt because the challenger has to beat the champion not the other way around. I really do not think that UFC judges are following the curent rules very well.

After Magny being given that absolute gift of judging incompetancy, I figured that they would score Cody v. Dom wrong too.

At leas they got it right with TJ and lineker.

After Cruz got hit with the headbutt and a huge cut opened up over his eye and dripping in his eye, that was when the momentum of the fight changed Cody started doing better, Dom started doing worse, Cody gained confidence, Dom lost confidence, cody became les frustrated and Dom became more frustrated.

What ever happened to the rule that the challenger has to take the title from the champ?

I think Dom would win a rematch.

Dom is the kind of profesor of MMA that will analyze the figh, find all kinds of things to improve and take his title back. Also, most likely without that headbutt and bad judging Dom would have won.

Cruz is in his early 30s still in his prime its not like Weidman beating a 38 year old Anderson

He didn't look like he'd lost a step he just got thoroughly outclassed

Amazing fight

He's multiple knee surgeries and his whole style is based off footwork. I don't care how good he performs, he's not the same 31 year old he could've been.

Cruz is good. Hes always been legit. Cody is just better.

I didnt think hed beat TJ but he proved me wrong. This guy should be honored for the way he came back to recapture his belt after years of surgeries. Both knees, groin too right? Talk about an inspirational story.

And Cody, wow. What a phenomenal human being. He's been friends with that little kid forever, and its amazing to see a fighter get his inspiration from something so humbling. Cruz could never break a willpower that was built like this.

he simply wasn't ready for this version of cody, which has never been seen before
Never been seen before because he never had to step his game up to this level. If you really watched his fights and analyzed his style you would have known all along hes capable. I tried to convince you Cruz fans but you guys just laughed and said he couldnt touch dom lol

C'mon TC, 2010 join date.

You should know this by now, sherdog is savage out'chea

He always has fought like a retard, but people played into it. Cody played Matador this time and was too fast for him. Maybe Dom lost a step even slightly, but that could be the difference.

Some retard actually said he was "exposed" lmao

There are some laughably dumb motherfuckers on this forum, whether or not they post in victory or defeat.

After Cruz got hit with the headbutt and a huge cut opened up over his eye and dripping in his eye, that was when the momentum of the fight changed Cody started doing better, Dom started doing worse, Cody gained confidence, Dom lost confidence, cody became les frustrated and Dom became more frustrated.

What ever happened to the rule that the challenger has to take the title from the champ?

I think Dom would win a rematch.

Dom is the kind of profesor of MMA that will analyze the figh, find all kinds of things to improve and take his title back. Also, most likely without that headbutt and bad judging Dom would have won.
Cody knocked Cruz around like a child. Dom will probably get finished in the rematch, and he would have this time if Cody tried instead of pointing and laughing.

I think Cruz may be close to done but it's because his body is pretty badly fucked. He says he's basically in constant pain. If he can't win at the highest level anymore then it's probably a good idea to quit while he can still walk normally.

It's a bad matchup for Cruz, simple as that. And his fight IQ tonight was retardo-level. He should have mixed things up, used more wrestling and grappling, not chasing him and throwing hands for 5 rounds and getting murked by counters.
I do't think that its a bad matc-hup but you are right that Cruz would have done better if he mixed things up. He should have put Cody on the ground and worked him more. Also there were a few times when Dom threw long punching combinations that Cody ducked under. Dom should have thrown a hard knee somewhere in their. Not a jumping knee. Also when Dom is out at far range fighting with his hands down is fine, but when he comes into the pocket to bang he needs to keep his hands up and his guard tight.

Back